Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

ghdi

Now it all makes sense. Vanderbeek told Lou this had to happen and Rags said we had to tank this season - islanders had first crack but once they got into playoff position we got the call!!!

Are you all happy now? Is one less Cup worth this doofy game?

Edited by Pepperkorn

so i was right about the cryptic season ticket holder letter i got. 

Yeah, but the fact that the Devils are considered the "home" team is huge for our season ticket holders...it means we're all guaranteed seats.

no the letter i got said in the event devils play a home game not at the rock, there are refund options available. no word on the ticket given to us outright. we will probably get the option to buy discount early but not a given ticket.

While I think the Winter Classic has lost a lot of it's luster but this is totally different. It's our team now and it's in a very different and exciting atmosphere! I don't know about anyone else but I do enjoy watching other NHL teams (especially the western teams because the game is so different and fast) but I do find it a little hard to 'get into it'. But our team in a cool and exciting setting? Sign me up! Now i just have to figure out how to obtain tickets seeing as I'm not a STH...

So exciting!

Via Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice on Twitter:

"Confirmed Devils would be the home team in the outdoor game vs. Rangers, Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014 at Yankees Stadium."

I will be there come hell or high water, of course. But I think all of the outdoor games are overkill- we certainly don't need 6 of them. But that's the NHL- they can't help fvcking up a good thing, its just what they do, although it will make them a ton of money, so I'm sure they don't care lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

Lou is a member of the board for the Yankees no? hence why we are the home team.

home team thing is likely because rangers couldn't be home team at both and the devils have the greater season ticket holder base with which to get more $ from.

between this and the draft, it's the league feeding some extra $ the devils way.

I'm sure there'll be some limit on the # of tickets sth's can purchase, I doubt they're going to make it easy for you to be able to invite all your third cousins and message board posters, even if Yankee Stadium's almost three times the size of the Rock.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the other home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess it's the Rangers though.  Wouldn't make much sense to have the Rangers be the road team for every WC.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess not.

I heard that too. And it makes sense... then the Rags get the 2 outdoor games, PLUS their 41 home dates. Wouldn't shock me if Devs and Isles are home. 

Really?!?

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the other home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess it's the Rangers though.  Wouldn't make much sense to have the Rangers be the road team for every WC.

yes - that is what i meant - devils have about 8,000 full sth and another 3,000-4,000 partial sth (which include people that buy 4 or 6 game packages). i would imagine that the 8k full season ticket holders will all be given the "opportunity" to take one of their 41 home games and pay at least 2-10 times greater than the regular face value for that ticket. look - i'm not complaining as i will be one of them. i'm certainly excited for it, but i would imagine that my ice lounge seats that are $250 face will be something like $400 face for that game.

players have to be pretty happy about this also as it will get the total revenues up nicely and help raise the salary cap.

Of course I wont have season tickets next season. Hopefully Colin can hook me up! :)

Oh gee that's too bad...I figured you were just moving out of the section and going elsewhere in the building.

I don't know how many of my other friends actually want to go.  I'll definitely keep you in mind too depending on the ticket limits. 

Edited by NJDevs4978