Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

No way man.

what don't you like? or do you think buffalo doesn't do it? with their standing, the way they're playing, possibility that stafford has fallen out of favor, and the fact that they'll need to create cap room to buy themselves a better team, i could see him as available and a good fit for the devils.

trade urbom/palmieri/2nd for drew stafford

parise-zajac-stafford

kovalchuk-josefson-henrique

sykora-elias-zubrus

ponikarovski-carter-clarkson

that's drool worthy. of course, getting zajac healthy would be nice and I'm not convinced that's going to happen at all this year.

Im all over that.

parise and stafford are good friends which is something but he has a couple more years at 4 million per and he's on track to score 15 goals

His career high is 30 (more than Langenbrunner has ever scored) and statistically he's fairly consistent 15-30 goals and 20-25 assists. Considering Buffalo is having a rough year in many respects (from front office to the ice), thats not worrying. The worry I have about Stafford is he's never played a full season. We wouldnt get much more for the package sundstrom suggested. Jamie is who he reminds me of on the ice, but Jamie is better at getting assists, but I also dont think Stafford has ever played with the type of guys Jamie has had around him (i.e. Elias, Parise, etc) as I dont think hes been a top line guy in a while if ever.

Edited by ghdi

what don't you like? or do you think buffalo doesn't do it? with their standing, the way they're playing, possibility that stafford has fallen out of favor, and the fact that they'll need to create cap room to buy themselves a better team, i could see him as available and a good fit for the devils.

Drew Stafford also played with Parise at UND, is his best friend, and will be Zach's best man at his wedding this summer. Just food for thought.

with stafford as a neutral value contract, i'm just not sure i like that trade for NJ. the only value stafford has might be the scarcity of a player like him, but what's really to like, other than the fact that he and parise went to college together? i'd rather try to get someone like lee stempniak in free agency.

I think Stafford would be a solid addition on the ice and could help in keeping Parise around. Palmieri doesn't seem to have much of a future here, losing a 2nd rounder isn't that big of a deal, and while Urbom is a solid prospect the Devils have a lot of defensive depth. I'd definitely make that trade.

as the GM says in NHL12 "I didnt get this far making bad trades" buffalo tells you to go buzz off Sundy! They will wait for ennis to get back, imo before sending him off

I like Urbom a lot do not want to trade him or even Palmeri. Patience is needed with these kids just give it time.

with stafford as a neutral value contract, i'm just not sure i like that trade for NJ. the only value stafford has might be the scarcity of a player like him, but what's really to like, other than the fact that he and parise went to college together? i'd rather try to get someone like lee stempniak in free agency.

you've given the reason why i'd be into it - it seems really hard to find solid right handed scoring right wingers. i also do like the fact very much that he's parise's best friend as an additional enticement to get parise resigned. of course, having "besties" on a team can cause other issues too (see langenbrunner - but i think there was more to that anyway).

as the GM says in NHL12 "I didnt get this far making bad trades" buffalo tells you to go buzz off Sundy! They will wait for ennis to get back, imo before sending him off

i think it's more fair than you think. you're looking at it from a "name" standpoint - not a value standpoint.

Undrstodd, but standing around doing nothing while the ship sinks might be the springboard for parise to leave. He does want to be with a club that will make a serious attempt at a run.

Lou Lamoriello = Captain Schettino?

His career high is 30 (more than Langenbrunner has ever scored) and statistically he's fairly consistent 15-30 goals and 20-25 assists. Considering Buffalo is having a rough year in many respects (from front office to the ice), thats not worrying. The worry I have about Stafford is he's never played a full season. We wouldnt get much more for the package sundstrom suggested. Jamie is who he reminds me of on the ice, but Jamie is better at getting assists, but I also dont think Stafford has ever played with the type of guys Jamie has had around him (i.e. Elias, Parise, etc) as I dont think hes been a top line guy in a while if ever.

Well, Stafford plays with guys like Vanek / Roy / Pomminville..not bad in itself..

i like those Drew Stafford idea... he's a RW which we kinda lack... but eventhough his cap hit seems fair its a bit high for our situation

also thinking that Lou went after Hedberg trying to get Kovy... we needed a backup yeah but i think that the fact he was friend with Kovy helped

I like Urbom a lot do not want to trade him or even Palmeri. Patience is needed with these kids just give it time.

i'm not looking to give up urbom for nothing. i think he's got value and is almost assuredly an NHL player next year. he's cost controlled and relatively cheap for several more years. that's why i think him as the centerpiece in a stafford deal makes sense. as for palmieri, i'm not sure how much true value is there. its possible he puts it together and can be a useful player but he's far from untouchable.

i like those Drew Stafford idea... he's a RW which we kinda lack... but eventhough his cap hit seems fair its a bit high for our situation

also thinking that Lou went after Hedberg trying to get Kovy... we needed a backup yeah but i think that the fact he was friend with Kovy helped

volchenkov had some kovy influence too (same agent).

Kovalchuk, Zubrus and Clarkson will most likely be our RW for a few years. Zubrus simply plays better on the right side of the ice. Unfortunately, both are 3rd line RW's at this stage so maybe Zubrus should be moved. I'm not sure what we need. We could use a good accurate shot from the point. Most of all, we could use Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, Taormina and Henrique to start progressing at a faster rate. Fayne not an offensive defensmen, something it seems NJ is pushing upon him.

Most of all, we could use Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, Taormina and Henrique to start progressing at a faster rate. Fayne not an offensive defensmen, something it seems NJ is pushing upon him.

I'm not sure what else I'd ask of Henrique or Larsson (as a rookie)

Josefson, Tedenby and Taormina need to start stepping it up to get our rebuild going.

Zubrus seems like our Brylin of yesteryear. He's our utility guy who we bounce between the lines and roles.

i think it's more fair than you think. you're looking at it from a "name" standpoint - not a value standpoint.

I think its more than just a name standpoint? the guy is a double digit scorer, he's had a 20 and 30 G season and he'll have 20 this year in a really bad year But I see that he's making 4 mil now, I wasnt aware they were paying him that much. if the sabres are dumping pay roll then I see your point but its strictly a payroll dump what have napalnm and urbom shown in the nhl other than eating ice time? its not good hockey sense to dump a player at his low point

I would trade Parise for Jeff Carter

Kovalchuk Carter Henrique

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Poni Zajac Clarkson

Zharkov Yayo Boulton

thats a bad idea having Kovalchuk and Carter on the same line i think, plus he's injury prone and lack of heart at time... i'd rather trade for their first round pick instead and have a shot at Yakupov or Grigorenko... plus i'd feel really bad to ship Zach to a sh!thole like that

How is it a bad idea to have Carter and Kovy on the same line? Carter is solid defensively, can pass, and has one of the best shots in the league. Frankly, I could care less if we hurt Parise feelings by sending him to Columbus. A player than can only score within the immediate vicinity of the net is not worth the 7 million plus he and his agent want.

I would trade Parise for Oshie and Brian Elliott

You trade for Halak not Elliott.

How is it a bad idea to have Carter and Kovy on the same line? Carter is solid defensively, can pass, and has one of the best shots in the league. Frankly, I could care less if we hurt Parise feelings by sending him to Columbus. A player than can only score within the immediate vicinity of the net is not worth the 7 million plus he and his agent want.

well they are both players who need the puck on their sticks to be effective and to me if it didnt work with Nash it wouldnt work with Kovy.

youre right about the 2nd part about 7m being a bit much for a player who can only score from near the crease but he's bringing a lot more than just scoring too... but its still pretty expensive