Small rant.....

John Q

Ok last night was our first night in attendance since we had a Navy football game last weekend in Annapolis and stayed until Monday, glad we saw a "W" and left happy, but....

Last year we bought the 2010-2011 media guide which by all means was a great little book filled with great stats on teams, coaches, players and filled with NJ Devil info, last night when we got there, my wife went looking at different places all said you might want to check the Devils Den for that. Well wife went down and searched but was told that it "sold out" opening night and it was available on-line in the store for purchase, oh well we will order it tomorrow.

Ok, today comes, I search cannot find it anywhere, she calls our represntative and he tells her "for financial reasons the team did not print them this year" WTF?? they charge I believe it was $12.00 or $13.00 for it last year(I think it is priceless, and could easily get $20.00 +/- What am I missing here? financial reasons? Lame ass excuse if you ask me but whatever.

Just my lil rant, feel better already LOL TGIF all, go Devils beat Nashville!!!

I think TG said a while back that most teams in the league were not printing media guides for the public this season, so its not just the Devils. He didnt mention why, though :noclue:

interesting devlman, just seems kind of foolish since they pass the cost on to fans, but heck what do I know. Thanks for the info.

kind of like the programs sold at every game. Sure it's mainly for advertising revenue, and a couple articles are different, but mostly it's the same program every game. I know someone who everytime he goes to a game he invests the $5 (or whatever it is now) for the program. I guess it's more of a souvenir thing than much else, like me with the tickets I save when I go to a game - especially the fancy ones I have from the cup years where my buddy had a connection for season tix a couple times a year. I was at the game in 2000 that should have won the cup 20 rows back from the devils bench. definitely held on to those tickets.

Basically the internet killed these things. I do find hard copies very handy though so they should at least print a few dozen to those who prefer them.

I just checked, last years was $12.00 the thing was done really good and quite handy to take to games (always carry our weekender with gloves hats,umbrella, etc)

Yeah I'm kind of bummed out too, because I had been collecting one from each season since I got season tickets.. I might be able to use my connections with the team to get one, but it will be tough and I doubt I'll be able to do it in future years..

I think they should take orders and print them.. I understand that they usually print 1000 more than they sell so it loses money and is a huge waste of paper, but if you have people paying up front then it alleviates those issues

I bought one a couple years ago, it was perfect for checking on records from years past or trying to recall what year it was that a particular player had that great season or whatever. No real need to buy it every year though, as it's too easy to find player's info from recent seasons, but still handy. It's also great for making your friends feel like lesser fans than thou, lol.