Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

i havent read this thread in a while but i thought the jerseys they were wearing were just retros?

Right and I'm guessing they are but you'd still think they would officially announce it or something just to get fans excited.. All we got was Lou mentioning it to TG, and I doubt more than 50% of Devils fans even follow his blog.. I mean, it's guaranteed that these have the Stadium Series patch on them, so that's at least a little different.. My point is DO SOMETHING

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right and I'm guessing they are but you'd still think they would officially announce it or something just to get fans excited.. All we got was Lou mentioning it to TG, and I doubt more than 50% of Devils fans even follow his blog.. I mean, it's guaranteed that these have the Stadium Series patch on them, so that's at least a little different.. My point is DO SOMETHING

yea this is true i feel you... i would splurge for a stadium series jersey if it has a nice patch which im sure it will.. any idea if that chrome looking logo that they have on the shirts and hoodies will be on the actual jerseys as well? but if they were smart they wouldve released these jerseys months and months ahead of time to try to make a large profit off of people attending the games to buy one for it

It's not bad, but not great either.  That damn sublaminated crest crap that Reebok is using is making the crest/logos flat when they shouldn't.

Overall this is how I would rank the Stadium Series jerseys so far from best to worst:

Pens

Kings

Rags

Islanders

Ducks

I agree, it looks cheap to me like that. I really hope we don't get our logo ruined with chromification.

Hawks also released their jersey today too for the Stadium game.  Cross between the cookie cutters we have been seeing with the arm stripes not going around all the way and their black alternates from a few years ago.  Crest is chromified as well.

Devils are now the only ones who have not officially shown their Stadium Series jersey.

I'd be surprised if our stadium jersey look any different than the throwbacks they've used for the past couple retro nights. Lou is such a stick in the mud when it comes to something like that, I'm sure he had many a fight with Bettman & Co over the chrome stuff. I mean yeah tradition and all, but come on, eventually you have to concede something to modern times, even if not completely. And it's not like this would be something worn for anything other than this game.

I'd be surprised if our stadium jersey look any different than the throwbacks they've used for the past couple retro nights. Lou is such a stick in the mud when it comes to something like that, I'm sure he had many a fight with Bettman & Co over the chrome stuff. I mean yeah tradition and all, but come on, eventually you have to concede something to modern times, even if not completely. And it's not like this would be something worn for anything other than this game.

Here's how the convo went:

Bettman: "Lou, we want to have every team wear a special jersey for the stadium series"

Lou: "No."

Bettman: "Coors Light is sponsoring us, so we want to have a chrome look to the jerseys, nothing drastic, just a different finish to the logo."

Lou: "No."

Bettman: "Well then what jersey will the Devils wear if every other team is wearing a special one?"

Lou: "Status quo."

Bettman: "Lou, this could really be an issue if the Devils are the only ones not wearing the jerseys."

Lou: "Don't you worry about my jerseys!"

----

I'm glad lou is trying to hold his ground, the ones already revealed look like they'd be something that 20 years from now we'll look back and say "What were they thinking?"

Overall this is how I would rank the Stadium Series jerseys so far from best to worst:

Pens

Kings

Rags

Islanders

Ducks

Yeah id put them in that same order, and put the blackhawks between the kings and rangers.

Idk if anyone saw the outdoor ahl jerseys but imo the lake erie jerseys were some of the nicest jerseys ive seen

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

The Rags look like the Wolf Pack away jerseys.  Like the rest of the jerseys, the chrome ruins it.  But I'll have to wait and see what they look like in person.  Pictures can be deceiving.  But I actually like the overall design of the Rags jersey.  Just get rid of the chrome look and it's sharp looking.

Edited by Mike Brown

I'd be willing to bet my tickets to the game itself that the logo is all chromed up.

Contrary to popular belief, Lou doesn't have any say in the matter.  So he can come out and say it's the green retros, but there's no guarantee it will be.  I think the league is gonna do for the Devils what they just did for the Hawks.  That is they're gonna take a prior design, and just adapt it to the chrome mandate.  In other words, they're gonna take the retro jersey, and just chrome it up.

This was the alternate jersey Chicago wore for the 08-09 season.

2008_rbk_chicago_blackhawks_premier_thir

And this is the Stadium Series jersey.

shaw-full_slide.jpg

Edited by Mike Brown