Devils reacquire Arnott from Nashville

reefgeek

cue zamode's return to njdevs.

I'm a-lurkin' sister! Arnott has to put out up some numbers, the game always is first! Decent numbers from last year so we'll see what happens but I'm not expecting miracles. I agree, he will be warmly welcomed unless he doesn't do anything in which case the fans will be willing to help him pack.

<---- For what it's worth, ugly Claude will always be my #1 Devil.

Proceed. . . .

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that D is awful, and Kovalchuk and Arnott on the same line, will cause Elias to have a stroke with all of the BS he'd have to put up with. one guy is slow as sh!t, and the other guy takes off on a 1 on 4 rush every time he gets the puck, when they're supposed to be dumping and chasing. by the time Arnott gets to the offensive blue line, the other team is already breaking the puck back.

forget about Kovalchuk. I'd much rather use any supposed money for him on another defenseman, in addition to Martin.

+1

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has sent captain Jason Arnott to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Matt Halischuk and New Jersey’s second-round selection in the 2011 Entry Draft.

sweet. how many more 35+ yr old ex-Devils can we add to the roster? Rolston, Arnott, who else is out there? Is Grant Marshall still playing? Can Lou possibly convince Jim Dowd to come out of retirement for a few more seasons?

Edited by slasher72

slasher, be careful with Brendan Morrison, Bill Guerin, Willie Mitchell, John Madden, Jason Smith, David Hale and maybe we can sign Mike Van Ryn and have him pout how he doesn't want to be Devil :D

It's like a high school reunion.... http://www.nj.com/de...en_wanting.html

Elias left a message for Arnott when he heard of the trade.

"I told him he'd better start working out," Elias said. "He's probably forgotten how quick I am."

"I think he forgot I was the brains of the line," he said. "I had to keep those two Czechs in line."

Edited by aylbert

The best part of this deal is that he only has one year left on his contract. He may take a discount next year in a lesser role. Halischuk just got passed by too many right wingers. There were too many prospects in the organization at the Albany level.

Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Elias - Arnott - Zharkov

Rolston - Zubrus - Clarkson

Maybe Rolston straight up for Finger, then we send Finger down to the AHL. Cap hit gone.

I got a feeling that Jaime Langenbrunner's gonna have to pack his rollerboard bag and apply his trade elsewhere. Also, this "surprise" Lamoriello is referring to, can it signify a trade of Zajac (since we signed Josefsson) for a premier defenceman?

I got a feeling that Jaime Langenbrunner's gonna have to pack his rollerboard bag and apply his trade elsewhere. Also, this "surprise" Lamoriello is referring to, can it signify a trade of Zajac (since we signed Josefsson) for a premier defenceman?

Absolutely incorrect.

Langenbrunner are staying. Lou said so in a video on NJ TV, Jamie is our captain and will be our captain.

Zajac isnt going anywhere. he was just signed to a long term contract and is our best center we have. He is our best 2 way play making centerman. Josefsen is good but not as good as Zajac.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. I'm neither excited nor disappointed. Right now it feels like Lou is just throwing dirty socks at the well and seeing what sticks...let's face it, a lot of moves that looked good on paper haven't been working out (not minimizing the regular season success, but the playoff returns have obviously been weak), and I think deep down Lou feeling a little shaken and confused...I can understand that. I have no idea if a real plan is in place, and Lou will always appear to be stoic and confident, so who knows what the thought process is anymore? At any rate it's not at all fair to judge what Lou does based off on move, so we'll see what this team looks like come October.

Absolutely incorrect.

Langenbrunner are staying. Lou said so in a video on NJ TV, Jamie is our captain and will be our captain.

Ummm, remember that time Lou said Lemaire would absolutely be back as coach? History repeates itself. Lou will say something politically correct about a player on a monday and then trade his ass on a tuesday.

I don't like giving up 2nd round picks - but who cares by the time they get ready to play we're talking like 2014 anyway - so it's not a mega issue.

I'm trusting Lou is not done and will move the appropriate players neccesary.

Seems to me that at this point Lou figures he might as well just tank this whole draft and use all our picks for trade bait. I don't take issue with this.

Edited by ben00rs

eh, only has 1 decent year left (injuries have been creeping in too) in him and at $4.5 million on the salary cap I am not that happy. Do not get me wrong, he should play well when healthy and I like Arnott. But not for that much money at this stage in his career.

Seems to me that at this point Lou figures he might as well just tank this whole draft and use all our picks for trade bait. I don't take issue with this.

It's a 2011 pick not a pick next weekend ya know?

It's a 2011 pick not a pick next weekend ya know?

Excuse me then, my apologies to Lou and to the possible young'n we draft in the 2nd round. I didn't mean it sarcastically though. We already don't have a first round pick, if we trade another pick or two the team can save money on plane fees and just not show up to the draft.

Ummm, remember that time Lou said Lemaire would absolutely be back as coach? History repeates itself. Lou will say something politically correct about a player on a monday and then trade his ass on a tuesday.

Langenbrunner isn't going anywhere. I think it's stupid to want him traded because of a bad season. This team would be lost without him. It was obvious when his heart wasn't there this past post season, last year in the regular and post season the Devil's wouldn't have been near as good without him. So forget about getting rid of him! This team would have no heart without him. If any of you think Parise can fill Langenbrunner's role, than your a horrible judge of character.

Langenbrunner isn't going anywhere. I think it's stupid to want him traded because of a bad season. This team would be lost without him. It was obvious when his heart wasn't there this past post season, last year in the regular and post season the Devil's wouldn't have been near as good without him. So forget about getting rid of him! This team would have no heart without him. If any of you think Parise can fill Langenbrunner's role, than your a horrible judge of character.

Listen, I personally don't have an issue with Jamie staying and remainging captain. I wasn't even going to reply to this until I read, "If any of you think Parise can fill Langenbrunner's role, than your a horrible judge of character."

Care to let us in on what you've uncovered? Is Parise hanging with Joran Van Der Sloot?

Excuse me then, my apologies to Lou and to the possible young'n we draft in the 2nd round. I didn't mean it sarcastically though. We already don't have a first round pick, if we trade another pick or two the team can save money on plane fees and just not show up to the draft.

I know, and it makes a big difference in losing just a 2nd pick as opposed to not picking till the 3rd round.....it makes the deal all the better

When your captain and team leader, pouts, whines and gives up on the TEAM HE IS SUPPOSED TO LEAD... he gotta go

Hell Suckora got purged for less after 2002... and quite frankly I'd be horrifed if ANYONE on this team showed Langen-ginna's "character"

When your captain and team leader, pouts, whines and gives up on the TEAM HE IS SUPPOSED TO LEAD... he gotta go

If your head coach ignores the Captain and his teammates you can't scape goat the Captain. Once the coach ignores the players, the players soon tune out and ignore the coach.

The whole team wasn't right, and that was a bigger problem. I think Lou saw this and is why he throw the Jam after yelling at the coaching staff and IMHO forced JL to "retire", because he lost the team.

I see ZZ Pops line together and victorious next year and beyond with Captain America at the helm.

If your head coach ignores the Captain and his teammates you can't scape goat the Captain. Once the coach ignores the players, the players soon tune out and ignore the coach.

The whole team wasn't right, and that was a bigger problem. I think Lou saw this and is why he throw the Jam after yelling at the coaching staff and IMHO forced JL to "retire", because he lost the team.

I see ZZ Pops line together and victorious next year and beyond with Captain America at the helm.

But Manta, referring to Facepainter's post: As much as you blame Lemaire, I'm sure you would agree that Parise has better character than Langs?

If your "captain" quits on a coach because he doesn't get his way or disagrees with said coach what makes anyone think he won't do it to another coach? He didn't eat up and sh!t out Sutter because Sutter treated him like a son for some reasons still mystifying.

This is all true, but I'm gonna simplify things: Holding Lemaire accountable for a 35 year-old's childish actions is ridiculous.

This is all true, but I'm gonna simplify things: Holding Lemaire accountable for a 35 year-old's childish actions is ridiculous.

But John MacLean has the magic potion in a bottle that's gonna make Langen-ginna ten years younger, have character and be an actual team player.... ask Manta :lol: