124 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Mason, Heap, McGahee.. quite a few name players. It's clear they're trying to get younger.

I've heard they may make a play for Asoumgha too. That would be scary.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Was very happy to wake up to this news this morning :D

I have an authentic white Mathews Chargers jersey on its way and should hopefully turn up this week.

I saw the Chargers play at Qualcomm last year against the Titans, one of the best experiences ever, really hope to get back next year to see another game.

Can't wait for the games to start flowing!

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none."
Posted Image

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Mason, Heap, McGahee.. quite a few name players. It's clear they're trying to get younger.

WHAT???? Mason and Heap are clutch receivers. I don't like this at ALL.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

I've heard they may make a play for Asoumgha too. That would be scary.

Unlikely, we have some great corners that are finally healthy. Plus, these cuts were to bring us down in the cap world.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

WHAT???? Mason and Heap are clutch receivers. I don't like this at ALL.

Heap is a walking injury, and "clutch" is nifty, but the dude runs a 40 like I walk one....not like Mason's a walking Super Bowl ring factory anyway......hell Michael Lombardi just called them the slowest offense he's ever seen on the field in years (least the receiving corps)

You give me grief for calling them a pop-gun offense, but those WR are embarrassing, seriously.......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Heap is a walking injury, and "clutch" is nifty, but the dude runs a 40 like I walk one....not like Mason's a walking Super Bowl ring factory anyway......hell Michael Lombardi just called them the slowest offense he's ever seen on the field in years (least the receiving corps)

You give me grief for calling them a pop-gun offense, but those WR are embarrassing, seriously.......

No way, dude. Didn't someone claim they were the best in NFL history? :P

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Well I guess NFL defenders are slower than you as Heap had 15 yards per catch last year, 30 1st downs and 5 TD's.
He is a big game player as he lead all TE's in yardage, yards per game and first downs in last year's playoffs.

Last year was the first year since his injured 2007 that Mason didn't have 1,000 yards receiving only because we had another threat in Boldin taking his yardage.

We are a run first offense so we are never going to have "big" numbers.

No way, dude. Didn't someone claim they were the best in NFL history? :P

Not that I know of.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

Well sounds like McNabb's going to the Vikings for a 6th rounder this year and a conditional 6th rounder the following year depending on performance. Damn, that's hideous for what was once considered to be a borderline HOF'er :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

Well sounds like McNabb's going to the Vikings for a 6th rounder this year and a conditional 6th rounder the following year depending on performance. Damn, that's hideous for what was once considered to be a borderline HOF'er :lol:

I think he will return to his status as one of the top QB's in Minny. I think his season in Washington was an aberration due to the lack of support he had there on and off the field.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

Well I guess NFL defenders are slower than you as Heap had 15 yards per catch last year, 30 1st downs and 5 TD's.
He is a big game player as he lead all TE's in yardage, yards per game and first downs in last year's playoffs.

Last year was the first year since his injured 2007 that Mason didn't have 1,000 yards receiving only because we had another threat in Boldin taking his yardage.

We are a run first offense so we are never going to have "big" numbers.

I don't know how any of those number have ANY bearing on the fact that the Ravens have the slowest and most prodding WR corps in the NFL (2.2 YAC for Mason in 2010), and Todd Heap's been on the injury report for like 3 years straight now.....seriously.......but hey keep pumping out the same team that never beats the Steelers when it counts B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

I don't know how any of those number have ANY bearing on the fact that the Ravens have the slowest and most prodding WR corps in the NFL (2.2 YAC for Mason in 2010), and Todd Heap's been on the injury report for like 3 years straight now.....seriously.......but hey keep pumping out the same team that never beats the Steelers when it counts B )

Mason is a possession receiver and typically just gets us first downs. Their is a huge difference between speed and separation from defenders. Speed is meaningless if you can't get open, so on that note our numbers speak for themselves.

You are correct about one thing, we can't seem to beat the Steelers when it counts, especially in the last seconds of a game. This will change.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Jets re-signed Holmes, 5 years $50 mil- $24 mil guaranteed. Good signing for them unfortunately.

#33 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Schefter reports the Dolphins and Broncos are in very serious trade talks regarding Orton

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Jets re-signed Holmes, 5 years $50 mil- $24 mil guaranteed. Good signing for them unfortunately.

Wow. So does this empty the coffers for Edwards and Cromartie?

Schefter reports the Dolphins and Broncos are in very serious trade talks regarding Orton

Why? I think this trade actually damages both teams.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Why? I think this trade actually damages both teams.

It makes sense. Henne didn't do much to win the starting job outright last year, Orton would definitely be an upgrade, and it's clear in Denver that the Tebow era is about to begin.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,865 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

It makes sense. Henne didn't do much to win the starting job outright last year, Orton would definitely be an upgrade, and it's clear in Denver that the Tebow era is about to begin.

Bingo. Plus Orton had a good relationship with Marshall in Denver. This would immediately make us a better team. I do it for a 3rd, but no more.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

But Henne is still learning and this undercuts his development and I think Tebow is interesting, I don't know if he the type of QB that can play a full season.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Per Schefter, Washington trades Haynesworth to NEW ENGLAND for a fifth-rounder :o

And not even next year's fifth-rounder, a 2013 fifth :P

Also the Saints agree to trade Bush to the Dolphins, pending the Dolphins getting him to restructure his deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 July 2011 - 06:31 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#39 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

..the Saints agree to trade Reggie Bush to the Dolphins, pending the Dolphins getting him to restructure his deal.

This reeks of the resurrection of the wildcat in Miami.
Bush can make things happen with his legs, that make defenders look like fools. (when he's on) And most of all, he's a winner.

Not happy about this one.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Poor Clown, between having the Patriots and the Jets engaged in a Sox-Yankees type arms race, along with the Dolphins possibly adding Orton and Bush to Marshall and a good young defense, the Bills really got no chance the next couple years :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users