Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

This is just so amazingly stupid.

Am I that warped that I feel like the NHL will do ANYTHING to excuse it's bias against NJ even when they aren't really overtly being called out for it?

It reads as if the Panthers owner put this out there out of embarrassment. He's ashamed of his own fans so he calls out the Devils?

The NHL does nothing about it anyhow... I don't think the stupid fvcks are smart enough to be baiting or rubbing the organizations nose in it.

...and it's not like "I don't get no respect". The Devils just don't really care about stupid distractions that aren't hockey related - or that you can't really do anything about. the league FORCES this sh!t on the team. If the Devils say "it's not a big thing - we notice but we're bigger than that" -- then the league or team have to say "You don't care because it's YOUR fault!" and no one calls them out for it. The league is all impotent -- "Well... you didn't do anything so we thought it was OK" :argh:

It's just so CHILDISH and NON-HOCKEY. It's just WTF? Continually WTF? If there is nothing major to fvcker around about, there's sh!t like this?

I didn't even want to post about it -- I'm bummed I caved even. I'm just tired.

Edited by Pepperkorn

hahaha Wow, Yormark really is an unprofessional P.O.S..

@PanthersYormark: @JerseyGuy276 get a life!

@PanthersYormark: @LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.

Imagine Vanderbeek or Lamoriello pulling this stuff on Twitter haha.. Wow..

@PanthersYormark: @LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think.

I hope the hockey gods are paying attention to this.

He also told our own cj241 to get off Twitter.

This guy is a douchebag of epic proportions. Please, PLEASE let this karma bite him in his self-righteous ass.

:pray::pray::pray:

The Devils better not let us down like they have in recent years. If the Devils win this series I'm going to harass the sh!t out of this motherfvcker.

@PanthersYormark: Game day in NJ. Lots of cats fans making the trip to the rock. #passionatefans.

@PanthersYormark C'mon man, you don't have to keep lying....isn't your brother the bigger liar in the family? #ReynaPurcell

I don't know about the fighting on twitter after this but from a Panthers PR point of view, this makes perfect sense. Maybe a Panther fan threw it and maybe it was a Devil fan actually trying to draw a penalty on the home team. This tradition is a big part of the Panthers franchise and an important one for the fans, that if you're going to have to end it, why not just blame it on the road fans so you don't piss off your own fans? It's the smart thing to do there.

From what I did read about the guy, he seems like a tool and going back and forth with fans on twitter is never a smart thing to do, but it seems all part of the gamesmanship going on there.

Edited by devilsrule33

yeah but it's ineffectual. It's just childish - I don't give a fvck if he cries all the way to the bank -- grown men should be more respectable. He seems like a cheap piece of goods. Why is that what people WANT today? It's not that they don't want to get old it's that they want to remain children with as little accountability. yuck. but whatever...

I read often but very rarely post. I just thought you would find it interesting that I had an email back and forth with Mr. Yormark after the last game concerning the Panthers broadcast commentators. I had to watch the game on NHL Network because I live in South Jersey. The NHL Network was relaying the Panthers broadcast of the game. Absolutely pathetic commentators. Every team has homers but these guys were a joke and showed little respect for the game.

I read often but very rarely post. I just thought you would find it interesting that I had an email back and forth with Mr. Yormark after the last game concerning the Panthers broadcast commentators. I had to watch the game on NHL Network because I live in South Jersey. The NHL Network was relaying the Panthers broadcast of the game. Absolutely pathetic commentators. Every team has homers but these guys were a joke and showed little respect for the game.

If you don't mind can you elaborate on what he said when he replied?

What was said in the emails?

If you don't mind can you elaborate on what he said when he replied?

His replies were essentially that is was the panthers broadcast (and was I aware of that even though it was on NHL Network) and he wouldn't have expected the commentators to be impartial.

Here is my original letter and my follow up:

Dear Mr. Yormark,

First I would like to congratulate the Panthers on a fine win tonight against the team I root for, the New Jersey Devils. That being said I felt compelled to email somebody associated with the Panthers communications/broadcast department after watching the relay of the Panthers broadcast on the NHL Network. I feel the need to say that Mr. Goldstein made the game nearly unwatchable for anybody who was not a Panthers fan. I understand that every team has “homer” announcers but I also know that most announcers attempt to be objective on some level so as not to completely alienate opposing or uncommitted fans. It was as if Mr. Goldstein was not watching the same game as the rest of us. The television broadcast was done at a “bush-league” level in my opinion and has done a lot to lower my opinion of the Florida Panthers organization. It was as if the organization had never had a successful hockey game in its history before tonight (although I assume Mr. Goldstein operates at a “bush-league” level throughout the season as well). The only time he mentioned a Devils player was when a Devils player was engaged in an action that may have been a penalty, which listening to Mr. Goldstein was nearly every time a Devils player skated near a Panthers player. His comments on the last penalty given to the Panthers – a clear rough/interference – would be comical if this were some kind of “Major League” movie and Mr. Goldstein was being played by Bob Uecker. To sum things up, Mr. Goldstein would have made a good writer for Pravda during the age of the Soviet Union, and should consider moving to high school basketball games and local access television.

Thank you,

JR

Yep. I said that in my original email. I also said that I fully expect a team’s commentator to be a “homer.”

There is a difference between being a homer and being bush-league. He was bush-league. Have some respect for the game. I’ve watched many games on the NHL Network that were relays of the home broadcasts of various teams and nothing ever came close to that.

But I appreciate that you took the time to respond.

Thanks,

JR

That was Steve Goldstein, the panthers announcer. He's a rangers fan from Brooklyn and an ex-FAN employee. It was an absolutely pathetic broadcast. The radio was even worse (I got it on XM in the car). It was a complete joke. Every Devils pass, "pass by Elias..." Every Panthers pass, "OMG what a play, TAPE TO TAPE! COAST TO COAST LIKE BUTTERED TOAST (I swear he said that LOL)! The reason the Panthers look so good tonight is that they are playing with heart, with soul, and the Devils don't have that" Crap like that all night.

I am looking forward to watching game 7 with the sound off :)

That was Steve Goldstein, the panthers announcer. He's a rangers fan from Brooklyn and an ex-FAN employee. It was an absolutely pathetic broadcast. The radio was even worse (I got it on XM in the car). It was a complete joke. Every Devils pass, "pass by Elias..." Every Panthers pass, "OMG what a play, TAPE TO TAPE! COAST TO COAST LIKE BUTTERED TOAST (I swear he said that LOL)! The reason the Panthers look so good tonight is that they are playing with heart, with soul, and the Devils don't have that" Crap like that all night.

I also wrote a similar email to the NHL Network.

His take on penalties was amazing. He wanted Carter executed because the Panther player he was racing fell down. Also, Panthers player had two arms around Parise hold him and Goldstein said it was "ticky tac." Not to mention the last penalty called on the Panthers, wow.

Apparently this Goldstein a$$hole is also trying to blame Devils fans for the twitter blow up and that he backs Yormark.. https://twitter.com/#!/goldieonice

I've never heard his calls but he is coming across like a real a$$hole here. I never had hate for the Panthers but I hope they end up getting relocated in a few years. fvck them.

I don't know about the fighting on twitter after this but from a Panthers PR point of view, this makes perfect sense. Maybe a Panther fan threw it and maybe it was a Devil fan actually trying to draw a penalty on the home team. This tradition is a big part of the Panthers franchise and an important one for the fans, that if you're going to have to end it, why not just blame it on the road fans so you don't piss off your own fans? It's the smart thing to do there.

Is it really a tradition if the fans only get to do it once a decade?