We signed Krys Barch for 2 years

grcenter47

Not for 4 years/10 million which is what the Habs gave him.

Didn't see that. Mea culpa.

Still no need to sign a goon at all in my opinion. We have players on this roster that know when to throw down when it counts. We don't need guys like Janssen and Barch who most of the time ask opposing players if they want to fight just for the spectacle of it.

Didn't see that. Mea culpa.

Still no need to sign a goon at all in my opinion. We have players on this roster that know when to throw down when it counts. We don't need guys like Janssen and Barch who most of the time ask opposing players if they want to fight just for the spectacle of it.

We got through last season having Boulton and Janssen, and Barch is a better player than Janssen and Boulton. Still doesnt mean I like the signing, but with the Rags loading up on muscle, its not the worst thing to have. He didnt break the bank and he won't be playing every game.

We got through last season having Boulton and Janssen, and Barch is a better player than Janssen and Boulton. Still doesnt mean I like the signing, but with the Rags loading up on muscle, its not the worst thing to have. He didnt break the bank and he won't be playing every game.

Yea but we didn't have a 4th line shaping up until the very end, in theory we will start 2012 with a solid one.

Edited by squishyx

Yea but we didn't have a 4th line shaping up until the very end, in theory we will start 2012 with a solid one.

Its July 5th. There's no reason to believe that we're done adding pieces and that the 4th line will be broken up.

Its July 5th. There's no reason to believe that we're done adding pieces and that the 4th line will be broken up.

You said we survived having Cam and Boulton last year, but we did that when we didn't have a 4th line so there was room to rotate the two for 3-4m per night. Now we have a functional 4th line so there is no room for Cam, let alone Krys. Whats the point of having 2 enforcers follow the team around taking up 2 of the 3 extra spots we can carry? it's just a waste.

You said we survived having Cam and Boulton last year, but we did that when we didn't have a 4th line so there was room to rotate the two for 3-4m per night. Now we have a functional 4th line so there is no room for Cam, let alone Krys. Whats the point of having 2 enforcers follow the team around taking up 2 of the 3 extra spots we can carry? it's just a waste.

There's going to be guys dinged up as the year goes on. There will be games that we will want to have some muscle playing. I don't disagree with you that its a curious move, but its also not a bad idea to have a guy on there we can wheel out there against the division with chumpstains like Rinaldo and Asham around. Cam is also a two-way guy. We can send him down at any point.

The 4th line has been very good for us, but playoff hockey and regular season are different beasts. It wont be the same all year.

Edited by ghdi

as long as he can skate competently and crush orbital bones on a nightly basis, i am in favor of this signing

We need him against...Aaron Asham. Would love for him to go after Rupp after the Marty incident in the playoffs.

I am still pissed off about that.