Nets Dominate Newark Skyline

The Rock 07

NetsDaily.com

getinline_aspx.jpg

The Nets began to roll out its latest billboard campaign Wednesday, placing giant figures of Nets players and Avery Johnson on sides of Newark's tallest buildings.

A towering figure (100' x 150') of Brook Lopez is already on side the IDT Building at 520 Broad Street, with the tagline "Experience Something Big". Devin Harris will be showcased on the Robert Treat Hotel. with the tagline, "Experience It" and Johnson, Lopez, Harris, Troy Murphy and Derrick Favors will stand on the 494 Broad Street building along with "Experience Newark's Newest Residents".

"We are in Newark, we are ready to play, and we want fans to experience Nets Basketball," said Brett Yormark.

Pretty cool marketing

By "experience something big" I'm assuming they mean the number in the loss column, right?

No they mean all the space between you and the other fan in the building... Big open spaces with all the empty seats. My friend has tickets he can NOT give away...

I'm with Running on this one, I can only see people that will remain die hard fans and people wishing to see the other teams stars coming to watch games. Bottom line is Newark and NJ get shat upon enough and have better things to do than watch a lousy team that has flipped us the bird. If you were at the season oppeners for the devils you could even see the workers at the arena have developed a relationship with the fans, they are having fun at work. You didn't see this at continental because their workers didn't' appreciate having a job, this arena is run well. I am sure the Nets will do better here than in the swamps because it will be the equivent of minor league baseball in the suburbs (no other type of action where you can get cheep tickets {I can assure you there will be tons of what works out to be giveaways} and see stars.

All the same, I love NJ sports, I hope that Newark eventually gets a team that is it's own.

Edited by newarkdev01