Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

NewarkDevil5

C'mon dude...for one, he's had much more productive seasons than that, and they weren't very long ago, and he still has talent. He's getting at least $6 million or so per year from someone. Brandon friggin' Dubinsky's making $4 million a year for the next three seasons.

Like I said, he's an interesting case, in that he could decide the long-term offers he gets might not be that great, so he maybe he rolls the dice, and instead of taking guaranteed money for 5-6 years, he signs something like a 2-year, $13 million deal, plays above the value of that deal, then gets a bigger long-term contract than he would right now.

Thing about that is, nobody knows what's happening in the next CBA. Contract term might be limited after this offseason anyway. Plus the market's just too goofy right now, I see him taking what he can get which will probably be more than anyone's comfortable with.

I know this guy was brought up, but is "hockeyyinsiderr" credible? He tweeted this within the hour

On Semin. #Pens 4 year offer on the table still best he received so far. #CONFIRMED #RedWings and #NJDevils still interested. -- HockeyyInsiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

I know this guy was brought up, but is "hockeyyinsiderr" credible? He tweeted this within the hour

On Semin. #Pens 4 year offer on the table still best he received so far. #CONFIRMED #RedWings and #NJDevils still interested. -- HockeyyInsiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

I'm not sure how many times the same sources have to get posted before people figure out who's credible and who isn't. The answer is no. The CAA security guard is more credible.

HockeyyInsiderr is another Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob fake. At least Incarcerated Bob is funny with some of his off the wall comments outside of his bs rumors.

These types of "sources" are horsesh!t. There should be some kind of a ban from posting anything that isn't from Dreger and McKenzie or from a guy like TG. Enough with the Єklund (2.3% accurate)/Incarcerated Bob/Hockey Insiderrrrr crap, I'm tired of reading garbage.

According to the Ottawa Sun the Semin sweepstakes is down to NJ and Detroit. Not sure how true it is but Ill trust a major newspaper over a twitter account anyday.

Strange the homeless guy in my previous post said he works for the Sun. Or maybe he said he works on the Sun.

Question: if we sign Semin and after a year or two it's clearly not working out, can he be transferred to the KHL? Would we get out of having to pay him if that happens?

He could just walk out on his deal. I'm not sure about the assignment. Vish got assigned to the KHL but I'm not sure what that did to his NHL deal.

According to the Ottawa Sun the Semin sweepstakes is down to NJ and Detroit. Not sure how true it is but Ill trust a major newspaper over a twitter account anyday.

My first reaction was to discredit it since I assumed it was written by that tool Bruce Garrioch but I was wrong. I'm not sure how credible the author, Don Brennan, is but it is interesting to see the Devils attached to Semin according to his sources.

Here is the article:

From what we are led to believe, only the New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings have expressed any real interest in Semin.

Semin’s agent, Mark Gandler, recently told ESPN The Magazine that the Capitals mishandled the gifted Russian right winger. He said Semin, who has a strong preference to play in the NHL rather than go back home and become a KHLer, wants to have the expanded role Washington wouldn’t offer.

He wants to kill penalties and play in the last minute of games. He wants more ice time than the 16:47 he averaged last season the Capitals, his lowest since he was a rookie in 2003-04.