GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

When i see you little guy, i'll be sure to hand you a box of Kleenex so you can cry some more about the Supporters Section you aren't a part of anymore.

I live in South Jersey, it was never a possibility for me to drive 2 hours for 41 games. What is your point?

All you do is bitch, moan, and whine.

Calling players out for messing up is one thing, being a total jackass and actually wanting someone to suck is another.

Hey, fvck you Kovy!! You're supposed to be terrible, why'd you go and score?

Decent 2nd period... still had a few ugly turnovers, Marty has bounced back nicely... Power play started off decent, wish there was no intermission to break it up. Hopefully they can nab one in the first 5 minutes of this period and make things exciting.

• Like 1

The thing with Kovy and peoples perception here on this board is that they expect we got a player who is like Alex ovechkin when what we got is more along the lines of Alex mogilny. I think there is too much high expectations that he will play this sort of all round game when he never has and never will as he is a sniper, pure and simple. He will be a defensive liability and will be the last game he plays as a devil.

You are aware that guys who shoot righty are going to be naturally better on the left side of the ice, right?

Wow after 30 years of playing hockey and being a RH shot on the left wing i didn't realize that! Thank you!

However, Captain Obvious, that's not the problem. The problem is what Hasan talked about above and Kovalchuk's inability to adjust his game for a player of his talent level. Sure, he'll lose taking passes on his forehand and the shot off the wing, but great players and talented players learn adjustments and we've seen that Kovalchuk has difficulty "learning" the game unless Lemaire is glued to his ear.

The thing with Kovy and peoples perception here on this board is that they expect we got a player who is like Alex ovechkin when what we got is more along the lines of Alex mogilny. I think there is too much high expectations that he will play this sort of all round game when he never has and never will as he is a sniper, pure and simple. He will be a defensive liability and will be the last game he plays as a devil.

Well coincidentally Ovy is playing pretty poorly now as well.

But this..this is a good point people. This isn't a Zetterberg type player. He's Kovy. You get what you pay for.

You are aware that guys who shoot righty are going to be naturally better on the left side of the ice, right?

True but while that matters somewhat, that sort of fact is one of the more exaggerated things about any position. He shouldn't be and no player should have this much trouble adjusting.

It is not like they are asking him to play defense or goalie lol.

If Kovy even has a 2000-01 Mogilny like season it would do a LOT to quelling the doubters and people like me who are just frustrated with the underwhelming performance.

But yeah Mogilny's somewhat of a fair comparison considering he was like a fish out of water his first year here, before he picked it up. Kovy's had almost two years now and we're still seeing the same issues and he's struggled to score consistently other than for half a season.

True but while that matters somewhat, that sort of fact is one of the more exaggerated things about any position. He shouldn't be and no player should have this much trouble adjusting.

It is not like they are asking him to play defense or goalie lol.

Well we sorta do ask him to play D, when he's on the point of the PP...and we see what a disaster THAT is lol.

Stupid question, but did Kovy play the point on the Atlanta PP? I'm pretty sure he did, but why not have him sit where Stamkos sits on the Tampa Powerplay? Right on the circle so he can slap a one-timer from real close in, or put in a potential rebound or something.

Stupid question, but did Kovy play the point on the Atlanta PP? I'm pretty sure he did, but why not have him sit where Stamkos sits on the Tampa Powerplay? Right on the circle so he can slap a one-timer from real close in, or put in a potential rebound or something.

a la the goal he just scored? I wonder this myself. I feel like someone else could be back on that point and he could be way more dangerous in close.

It is not just Kovy, but that whole line has been a disaster in general. If it wasn't for henrique putting a few away and making some nice setups then it would be a disaster on a titanic like scale.

Won't do a thing.

I forgot to say this too: Fire all the assistant coaches too.

So far this season parise is given me very little reason to miss him when he leaves the team.

Tallinder and larsson have been terrible tonight. Our best defender I think has been Fraser believe it or not.

Our offense should be scoring more than this too. I kinda liked the last few games where three goals a game seemed attainable.

Edited by DevsMan84