Boston's Ugly side.

gata

Ugly as it is, I would say it shows Boston's idiotic side. I'm sure that there would be fans in every city who would have those thoughts if their team was in Boston's position. That's bad enough. But the fact that you broadcast it to the entire world on Twitter? It even looks like some of those morons actually have their picture displayed with the comments.

These people are in for a very rude awakening if they're ever on the end of some kind of discrimination lawsuit. They could even be fired by their employer for fear of something like that.

People never cease to amaze me.

Like I said in the other thread, if you don't think this would have happened in the other 29 cities as well then you're kidding yourself.

I'm sure in the Midwest or something. It's still mind boggling.

I'm not surprised. I've never understood the pass Boston fans get. People like to wax poetic about all the history their sports teams have had. They have as much of an ugly side and history as the Philly fans do.

This would exist in other cities (and certainly we'd have to translate in Montreal, but wow, it would be prevalent there), but to the extent that it did here, I don't think so. If you're comfortable saying this to Twitter, there's got to be a kind of comfort with it in general - I'm just not sure other places are like that. (Certainly there's an ugly racist side to the Devils fanbase that I won't pretend doesn't exist)

NEWS FLASH: Idiots make ridiculous comments online!

This is a non-story :rolleyes:

Edit: Stop giving people like this attention. And for those who think this is just Boston, get real. Go on NJ.com and read the comments for any article. Stupid people like to voice stupid on the interwebs.

Edited by devlman