FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been over 5 1/2 years and the thing that is still shocking is that through all the player changes, coaching changes and even GM changes, the Rangers cannot seem to put a full three periods of hockey together on a consistent basis. THe Avs game was just the latest in a seemingly endless string of games that this team puts out for one maybe one and half periods.

As I said in a thread several months ago, this is not a problem with the current team, but a cultural problem that is systematic of the organization that runs the team.

Thanks for saying what the HOS could not say on this board.

Hmm, I see "the HOS" has picked up that nasty habit of third-person reference... I thought we had your assurance that you would not resort to such actions? ;)

Now then, where'd the SBT get to... :lol:

Oh, right. The Rangers topic.

Well, they are still in playoff contention even though they've played more games, so I don't take it for granted that they'll miss the playoffs; call it more of wishful thinking at this point. If they have any sort of a multi-game losing streak, though, then their backs are truly against the wall. As it is, almost every game they play for the rest of the season can be considered a must-win.... Luckily, the Devils need only record 21 points in their remaining games to hit 90, 31 to reach the century mark.

How's the bandwagon looking?

IG, you are correct. BUT they do have to play over .600 to make the historical NHL & Atlantic Division point level of 85.

I expected East to be tougher & that 90 would be needed to safely make it.

I still think it will be more than 85.

And Rangers play alot of Road games. It's true that home-ice is less of an advantage nowadays, but I saw in the Hockey News that so far this year road teams are less than .500

I expect them to fall short.

I think this is what you'll find underneath...

holikgolfer.jpg

That is Friggen brilliant! I also had the pleasure of listening to the Ranger fans crying this morning on "The Fan". One caller stated that "Holik is missing playing in a system like NJ"... NO S#$T champion of the obvious!

Regardless, we all want the Cup back in "The Swamp" and there is still a lot of hockey left to be played. I do look at that bankroll and laugh at the fact that Poti is the "Man of the Hudson"! Sad. :evilcry:

Oh, cmon now! You don't really doubt that they are gonna win 20 of their last 26 to get the 40 points they need to make the "playoff gurantee" live up :lol: .

I'm ready! Let's go!

On a serious note... it's not the g.m. as much as it is the moron running the place.

I feel that it doesn't matter who runs the Knicks and Rangers. As long as that moron owner is in charge, the Garden will never boast winning teams.

Dolan does not interfer with the Rangers at all.

He is not a hockey man, nor does he pretend to be. This is all Sather.

This is actually not true. Dolan is very much a Rangers fan (the son that's running the team). He also loves Sather.

Slats will not be let go regardless of whether the Rangers make the playoffs this year.

It was Dolan that demanded the old guard get Fleury at all costs along with Kamensky, Quintal, et al.

It is the Dolan management that is deciding the Knicks would be better off shooting for an 8th seed in the playoffs to get one home game of playoff revenue rather than do what everyone suggests and blow the team up.

Slats has thrown the money at the wrong players (Lindros, Bure, Holik) but Dolan's the one that's telling him to spend, spend, spend.

Thank you Sundstrom for clarifying to a few who were not in the know.

Cablevi$ion cares more about putting fans in the seats to see star players than winning championships.

They are evil and the teams will never win anything until they sell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.