‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

The last time an elite Devils UFA took forever to make up his mind, we were left with Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis as a contingency plan.

I know 99% of what happened then doesn't apply here, but still, these tweets saying Zach is torn over the possibility of leaving New Jersey make the Nieds drama come to mind. Sorry if this is a Debbie Downer post.

The last time an elite Devils UFA took forever to make up his mind, we were left with Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis as a contingency plan.

I know 99% of what happened then doesn't apply here, but still, these tweets saying Zach is torn over the possibility of leaving New Jersey make the Nieds drama come to mind. Sorry if this is a Debbie Downer post.

No the last time that happened we wound up with arbitration, two contracts and the loss of two draft picks - but still got the player back lol.

But yeah I do get the feeling Zach's looking for a way out but feels trapped. Then again I never thought Kovy was staying either :P

This is starting to really suck. Just get it over with already, say you are going somewhere else and let us move on from this debacle...it's getting annoying, really frikkin annoying. I need to actually do some work today.

In fairness, I think Lou was willing to gamble that he could get Niedermayer to stay, especially once he offered him the max...and who knows, Niedermayer's camp could've had Lou thinking that the Devils were truly in it to the very end. I can understand why Lou, possibly against his better instincts, never gave up in trying to bring Niedermayer back. Lou was actually pretty lucky that Rafalski was willing to wait for the Niedermayer situation to be resolved, or that offseason really could've been disastrous.

I have a funny feeling the Devils will turn to Semin if Zach walks...don't know why really. I wasn't thinking that a couple of days ago.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Anyone else get the vibe that Parise keeps saying "the Devils are still in it" just to save some face with Devils fans, etc? I just get that feeling. If I were him, I would do the same exact thing just so Devils fans don't totally hate me for the entirety of this thing and well into the future.

Imagine what would happen if he came out and said "and I have eliminated the Devils from my list"...PEOPLE WOULD GO INSANE.

I think it's a PR move, personally.

Anyone else get the vibe that Parise keeps saying "the Devils are still in it" just to save some face with Devils fans, etc? I just get that feeling. If I were him, I would do the same exact thing just so Devils fans don't totally hate me for the entirety of this thing and well into the future.

Imagine what would happen if he came out and said "and I have eliminated the Devils from my list"...PEOPLE WOULD GO INSANE.

I think something would have gotten out from the Devils end of things.

Parise hasn't said he's eliminated anyone from his 'list'. This 'list' thing is so incredibly asinine. What seems clear is that unless Brodeur is lying or Parise lied to Brodeur, that as of yesterday morning he's still considering whether or not to come back. I think Brodeur would've given a far more diplomatic answer had he not talked to him (and I don't think he would've talked to him if the Devils were already totally out of it).

Parise hasn't said he's eliminated anyone from his 'list'. This 'list' thing is so incredibly asinine. What seems clear is that unless Brodeur is lying or Parise lied to Brodeur, that as of yesterday morning he's still considering whether or not to come back. I think Brodeur would've given a far more diplomatic answer had he not talked to him (and I don't think he would've talked to him if the Devils were already totally out of it).

My only hope are those couple of Brodeur quotes where he stated he was "optimistic" about it getting done with the Devils, other than that, I would believe we are sh!t out of luck here.

If it's a PR move and he signs with Pittsburgh it won't matter at all...every Devils fan will be calling for his head and won't care that the Devils were "still in the mix" right up until the end.

That's the thing...The Devils don't know it yet...he is stringing them along a little bit here.

You don't know that. Maybe the guy is actually weighing EVERYTHING before making a difficult decision? And I agree with Dan, in that I think Lou would've said something along the lines of "We are moving on" if he felt they couldn't get it done.

I will say that on the surface, it doesn't seem like he's as eager to return to the Devils as we all would've hoped, but if he comes back, that will be forgotten quickly. And if he goes elsewhere...Plan B. Life will go on.

If it's a PR move and he signs with Pittsburgh it won't matter at all...every Devils fan will be calling for his head and won't care that the Devils were "still in the mix" right up until the end.

Absolutely right....

BUT...

What would have inflamed the Devils faithful (no pun intended) more...

Zach eliminates Devils on Day 1 and takes 48-72 hours more to decide?

or

Zach keeps the Devils in the race until the very end and pulls the trigger somewhere else last minute?

I think the former would have made this fanbase INSTANTLY insane and the latter is a slow, painful death.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Zach Parise is flying home to Minnesota this morning. He isn't sure if he will have a decision before he leaves Toronto

maybe he will think during the flight ; )

You don't know that. Maybe the guy is actually weighing EVERYTHING before making a difficult decision? And I agree with Dan, in that I think Lou would've said something along the lines of "We are moving on" if he felt they couldn't get it done.

I will say that on the surface, it doesn't seem like he's as eager to return to the Devils as we all would've hoped, but if he comes back, that will be forgotten quickly. And if he goes elsewhere...Plan B. Life will go on.

I don't know that, you are right...that's why I am posting it on a message board and I am not involved in the negotiations. It is all speculation my friend...keeps the world spinning.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Zach Parise is flying home to Minnesota this morning. He isn't sure if he will have a decision before he leaves Toronto

maybe he will think during the flight ; )

I think Lou should just call him up and tell him that he is signing with the Devils , end of story.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.