What Is The Best Sports Video Game

LOTCB

I'm talking Playstation and back....Genesis, ColecoVi$ion, Intellvision, Nintendo, etc.....basically from 1995 back..

Ill give you one of my all time favorites:

Baseball Stars, Nintendo- What a game...interesting teams (Lovely Ladies, Ninja BlackSox were my team! LOL)

sep00_baseball_1_sm.gif

What about some of yours????

Atari Ice Hockey:

200px-Atari2600IceHockey.png

I liked "Baseball Stars" too. I was a big baseball fan then (before money ruined it) so I tried them all, but "Baseball Stars" was one of the best.

Edited by Don

I'm talking Playstation and back....Genesis, ColecoVi$ion, Intellvision, Nintendo, etc.....basically from 1995 back..

Ill give you one of my all time favorites:

Baseball Stars, Nintendo- What a game...interesting teams (Lovely Ladies, Ninja BlackSox were my team! LOL)

sep00_baseball_1_sm.gif

What about some of yours????

Edited by 94Obsession

Nintendo Tennis was good too...although when me and my buddy used to play, Id get pissed at the ref (Luigi) and try to hit the ref with my racket :lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........................ I used to do the same thing in Racket Attack and try to hit the Ref too.

Btw, what was up with Mario, and Luigi (mostly Mario) always being in other Nintendo games when he had nothing to do with it?!?!?! A little politicking by Mario? I think so!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........................ I used to do the same thing in Racket Attack and try to hit the Ref too.

Btw, what was up with Mario, and Luigi (mostly Mario) always being in other Nintendo games when he had nothing to do with it?!?!?! A little politicking by Mario? I think so!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How did I know you'd take over this thread? :lol:

Double dwibble :rofl:

I used to own you at that game. That and Blades of Steel. But you pretty much owned me in Madden and NHL 94. Though we did have some classic battles usually involving LOTCB's Sabres. Yuri Khmlev ruled in that game. :rofl:

I don't really have much to add as far as video games named.

But I was always a huge Coleco fan. Games such as Looping, Zaxxon, Mr. Doo, Lady Bug and Turbo were classic.

tecmo Super Bowl for the Genesis by FAR was the most replayable game EVER

Hardball III was VERY good too

and I'll throw Tecmo Wrestling in there too... subtile gem !!!

Excite Bike.

I could spend hours on end merely making courses.

YES!

What was the football game where you could play as NFL, college, or create your own high school team (was that Tecmo? I don't remember)? I played that quite a bit.

NHL 95 and NBA Live 95 were awesome. I would play NBA Live 95 as every team up to halftime, just to get the highlight reel "halftime show", which I would then record onto VHS.

Skate Or Die was simultaniously fun and infuriating because parts of it were so damn hard (at least they were to me as a 12 year old).

There was also a baseball game I played quite a bit, the name escapes me, I'm pretty sure all the teams were fake and it was similar to NBA Jam in that it didn't have any basis in reality whatsoever. I remember one of the special pitches, your pitcher would throw like 5 balls simultaniously but only one was real.

My memory sucks.

Skate Or Die was simultaniously fun and infuriating because parts of it were so damn hard (at least they were to me as a 12 year old).

I busted out Skate or Die a year or two ago and I still couldn't do it to save my life. That game is just ridiculous. Pool Joust was the greatest thing ever created though.

Remember 720? That game kicked ass too but had a relatively high difficulty level if I remember correctly...or I just sucked at all skateboard games.

If we're able to list arcade -

Dome Hockey with USA vs Russa.

Console - Ice Hockey for the Nintendo. I loved picking a team with all slow fat guys and getting into fights and just pwning.

NHL 94 - We'd make up paper tourney's and play this game all summer long.

Joe Montana Sports Talk Football

Tecmo Bowl, dropping back 80 yards from the 20 yard line just to throw a TD pass to Jerry Rice.

Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast, best tennis game EVER.

Mike Tyson's Punchout and Super Punchout. I still have a grudge with Soda Popinski.

The good old days of gaming when you could pick a game in and have fun from the get go and it didn't take 3 hours to get a hang of the controls.

I busted out Skate or Die a year or two ago and I still couldn't do it to save my life. That game is just ridiculous. Pool Joust was the greatest thing ever created though.

Remember 720? That game kicked ass too but had a relatively high difficulty level if I remember correctly...or I just sucked at all skateboard games.

The high jump thing was the ONLY one I was actually good at. Holler.

I have like two NESes lying around the house and I know my brother has another two or three, we both have an SNES too...which is quite odd, because I have no clue how that happened. I do know the reason we had so many Nintendo's was because my mom bought us one as kids, then my dad bought us another one and then my grandmother got us another one and his roommate has one too...it's just NES crazy.

My brother and my childhood was primarly spent at Easy Video renting nintendo and SNES games or at Electronic Boutique praying we had saved up enough money to buy the USED games haha

I have to say, playing WWF RAW and Royal Rumble was purely awesome on the SNES. World Championship Wrestling for NES was genius as well.

CRASHER, do you remember WCW Versus the World? My mom randomly gave it to me for my birthday when it came out for the original PlayStation, the only reason I really liked it so much was that there were SO many wrestlers to choose from...but it was a relatively hard game because the moves were difficult to even execute.