33 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I understand why McElroy was given a shot, but I think they still have to play Sanchez the rest of the season, just to see if they can right him. 7th-round QB draft picks don't tend to surprise a whole lot.

That being said, their offensive futility is staggering...since that 48-point Week 1 outburst, they've scored 180 points in 11 games.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 December 2012 - 08:43 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I submit today's Arizona-Jets game to be the Anti-Football game of the decade.

Me turning into a Jet fan for three hours and rooting for my dinner bet only added to the legend of that epic battle of anti-football at it's greatest!!! it's in my top 3 of all time to be honest :)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

This was really a make-or-break season for Flacco, as far as being considered elite went...clearly he's not. Sad thing is if the Ravens face the Patriots at home or in NE, I still think they could win the game. Pats' D remains suspect, and I've seen their O get shut down in playoff games.

True but you can also say the same thing about the Ravens being terribly suspect this season and lucking into most of their victories. Today that luck finally ran out along with their bear of a schedule to end the season: (@ Washington, Denver, Giants, @ Cincinnnati) the Ravens can easily end up with the 4th seed. Even with Ray Lewis the Ravens defense was getting gashed by the run and has serious issues at corner. The Patriots have Houston, San Francisco (underachieving now with QB controversy), @ Jacksonville, and Miami.

The way today's game in Miami progressed showed me more positives about the Patriots potentially in the playoffs than a 42-21 victory would have. The Patriots offense (on a day that Brady was eh', the receivers had the dropsies, and injuries on the O-Line took their toll on the offense) took over up 7 with 7:00 left and basically shoved the run down a good Miami defense's throat killing and closing the game the way they use to with Corey Dillon.

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

True but you can also say the same thing about the Ravens being terribly suspect this season and lucking into most of their victories. Today that luck finally ran out along with their bear of a schedule to end the season: (@ Washington, Denver, Giants, @ Cincinnnati) the Ravens can easily end up with the 4th seed. Even with Ray Lewis the Ravens defense was getting gashed by the run and has serious issues at corner. The Patriots have Houston, San Francisco (underachieving now with QB controversy), @ Jacksonville, and Miami.

The way today's game in Miami progressed showed me more positives about the Patriots potentially in the playoffs than a 42-21 victory would have. The Patriots offense (on a day that Brady was eh', the receivers had the dropsies, and injuries on the O-Line took their toll on the offense) took over up 7 with 7:00 left and basically shoved the run down a good Miami defense's throat killing and closing the game the way they use to with Corey Dillon.

Not saying I think the Ravens would be the favorite to win. Funny thing is, the Ravens remind of a little bit of the Pats early on in Brady's career...doing just enough to win, though Brady was more clutch game in and game out than Flacco is (even when Brady's numbers weren't pretty). In recent years the Pats have turned into Peyton Manning's Colts: gaudy offensive numbers, but coming away ringless. Yes, Peyton did win once, but for the most part, his offenses could be shut down come playoff time. We've seen the same thing for the Patriots in recent years.

I think everyone is vulnerable right now...I would say Denver scares me the most at this point.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think everyone is vulnerable right now...I would say Denver scares me the most at this point.

I'd agree fully with that....the Ravens are a 4th and 29 away from a free fall right now....

If Denver can maintain an average running game without McGahee they're frightening....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'd agree fully with that....the Ravens are a 4th and 29 away from a free fall right now....

If Denver can maintain an average running game without McGahee they're frightening....

Going to be crazy going down the stretch, especially with the Patriots playing the Texans, the Ravens playing the Broncos...and it's easy to forget the Texans still have two games against the Colts.

#30 FOREVER!

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

And well I don't fully trust Peyton in the playoffs....history has shown why......

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

And well I don't fully trust Peyton in the playoffs....history has shown why......

You can't...and he fattened up his playoff numbers against three teams that had absolutely no defenses to speak of: Denver twice and KC once...think 12 of his TD passes and one of his INTs came in those three games. Peyton gets rattled much more easily than Eli does.

#30 FOREVER!

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

I had thought Flacco was over his Steeler phobia, but I am really starting to question Cam Cameron's play calling. I know Pitt elevates their play against us, but I didn't see ANYTHING in our passing game that could sustain any drives. Not too creative with the standard fly pattern with Torrey Smith. Conversely, I thought Haley called a great game for Pitt yesterday.

Peyton Manning will KILL us if we played Defense like last night. I wish our OC would study those films and see how the WR get free.

We have the talent, but not using them correctly.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

no 4th and 29 Norv defense to bail out the Purple Haze this week :lol:

I'd love to make more fun of this, but we were fully entrenched in Browns and Raiders (yes really :P )

one side note I'd have LOVED to see Peyton after taking a knee fire a fastball at one of those idiot Bucs linemen right in the helmet, it's worth the 15 yards to make that joke "effort" into a circus, guess Schiano was still mad to see Louisville taking knees on his old stomping ground :evil:

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

one side note I'd have LOVED to see Peyton after taking a knee fire a fastball at one of those idiot Bucs linemen right in the helmet, it's worth the 15 yards to make that joke "effort" into a circus, guess Schiano was still mad to see Louisville taking knees on his old stomping ground :evil:

That would be pretty funny...that had me lol'ing.

#30 FOREVER!

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Interesting that after a few years of begging for coaching jobs on ESPN, Gruden's agent started rumors of him going to the Raiders.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Working late tonight and this game is a dog tonight, week 14 will be posted later, sorry about that!

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

No sweat. I know how long it takes to write these things up.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users