69 replies to this topic

#61 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

I know they're not going to be the "Brooklyn Islanders", but today I was messing around with PS and came up with this, purely out of just doing it for the hell of it but I think it's worth a share.

My "Brooklyn" Islanders Concept:
Posted Image
25smul5.png

#62 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

very cool graphic.

while the isles will say they'll keep the logo and colors, there's absolutely no doubt they'll have a 3rd that features brooklyn and they'll probably do something like you've got there as a shoulder patch - perhaps opposite or in place of the 4 slash marks they currently have for their cups

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#63 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,435 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Makes me want to be a billionaire just so I can be like Wang and ensure the team never moves..

I think our next TV deal won't be as good.. Not sure what our ratings are, but I feel like part of that deal was because Dolan figured he had a monopoly on HD.. Now that everyone has access to HD, Cablevision has lost that and people are switching

Sports are the one thing that are doing substantially better in this TV market because they are broadcast live, you can't really stream them afterwards, etc. So I don't worry about that. The Islanders really don't compete with the Devils for fans - getting through New York City is just too difficult and expensive for most fans.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#64 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I don't know about that. I know at least one huge Ranger fan (STH) who lives in Brooklyn and said he would switch if the Isles moved to Barclays. We'll see if he goes through with it.

Well, he's going through with it. He's selling or giving away almost all his Rangers gear, and has already put down a deposit on season tickets at Barclays.

Edited by David Puddy, 24 October 2012 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Sports are the one thing that are doing substantially better in this TV market because they are broadcast live, you can't really stream them afterwards, etc. So I don't worry about that. The Islanders really don't compete with the Devils for fans - getting through New York City is just too difficult and expensive for most fans.

Well I hope you're right because we need Dolan's money.. Ughh that sucks to even think about.. I would be curious to see why MSG pays us (and the Islanders) so much for our TV rights.. I guess a breakdown of every team with their ratings and TV deals would be impossible to find
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well, he's going through with it. He's selling or giving away almost all his Rangers gear, and has already put down a deposit on season tickets at Barclays.

Do us all a favor and buy that man a beer.

On an unrelated note, under the fat chance NJ ever got a baseball team, I'd react the same way.

#67 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Do us all a favor and buy that man a beer.

On an unrelated note, under the fat chance NJ ever got a baseball team, I'd react the same way.

I would switch too. I hope it happens because every spring I find it harder and harder to get excited about the Yankees.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#68 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Saw this floating around teh innerwebs ...

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#69 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

What about the New York Islanders of Brooklyn. :wink2:

#70 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

new york long islanders of the brooklyn borough of kings county

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users