Zajac Could Be Back in 2 Weeks

Colin226

No matter what, Zajac may be the most important forward, including Zach and Kovy. He makes everybody else better, he's our best defensive forward, and he plays a position we're shallow at. The lines, however, are going to have issues until we have Josefson. Til then, we have a lot of wings and no way to make them gel. When Josefson IS back, we could roll something like this:

Parise Josefson Henrique

Kovalchuk Zajac Clarkson

Elias Sykora Zubrus

Til then

Parise Henrique Tedenby/Kovy/Palmieri (if he's back up)

Kovalchuk Zajac Clarkson

Elias Sykora Zubrus

Is it too late to try Parise at center again with Zajac being out? It really sucks to see Kovalchuk on the RW. Maybe it'll be a good time to try Henrique out on the right wing, if it's possible that he'll end up being the right winger for Parise and Zajac.

thats true, i dont know why we havent tried Henrique at RW, if that works then its basically an easy decision

Zajac and Josefson can't get back quick enough. Also I'd love to have Zharkov up over the likes of Sestito, Mills, and Janssen too.

with the rage from this ending on hold for a very brief second, Sestito actually played pretty well tonight. a lot of energy and a lot of aggression, to the level i dont think we've seen from zharkov

with the rage from this ending on hold for a very brief second, Sestito actually played pretty well tonight. a lot of energy and a lot of aggression, to the level i dont think we've seen from zharkov

It bothers me that Sestito who isn't even that great of an AHL players gets thrown up onto NJ's 3rd line just because he can bring "energy". Zharkov is a superior possession and defensive player - probably even offensive since neither of them can score. Sestito wasn't even that great today: -2 Fenwick, -5 Corsi. With players like him getting time its no wonder a team like the Islanders matched the Devils in shots.

I really think Zharkov needs to be with the NHL team at this point. 2/3 of both the 3rd and 4th line don't even try to score, it seems. While Carter has been decent so far, he was nearly invisible this past game, in my opinion. At least Zharkov can skate well and create some type of offensive threat.

Until Zajac is back, though, it's hard to expect too much from the Devils. As long as they keep up a record like their current one until Zajac returns, I'll be happy.

I don't see how some fans still think Zharkov has this "untapped potential" or something.

Now, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but could someone explain to me their reasoning? He literally has 0 finishing ability.

But back OT, he needs to get back. This team needs its centers, holy hell.

I don't see how some fans still think Zharkov has this "untapped potential" or something.

Now, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but could someone explain to me their reasoning? He literally has 0 finishing ability.

He leads the AHL team in points per game

He's scored well in the AHL the past seasons

He plays strong defense

He wins board battles

He creates turnovers

He seems to draw more penalties than he takes

He's 21

and when he is on the ice the Devils as a team get more shots than the other team does.

Edited by Devils731

He plays strong defense

He wins board battles

He creates turnovers

He's 21

and when he is on the ice the Devils as a team get more shots than the other team does.

That sums it up nicely (though he's 23 going on 24). As far as I'm concerned, even if he can't translate his AHL offensive success to the NHL, his overall game should be enough to be a solid bottom 6 winger. I really hope he gets another shot soon.

That sums it up nicely (though he's 23 going on 24). As far as I'm concerned, even if he can't translate his AHL offensive success to the NHL, his overall game should be enough to be a solid bottom 6 winger. I really hope he gets another shot soon.

You know, I took a year off for it being 2011 instead of adding 1. :lol:

He plays strong defense

He wins board battles

He creates turnovers

He's 21

12 GP, 1 G, 7 A. It's not like he's head-and-shoulders above his Albany teammates in that regard.

26 G and 56 A in 135 GP for the Lowell/Albany Devils...wouldn't call that scoring well, really.

Fiesty already pointed out the age discrepancy. He's approaching his mid-20s and is struggling to keep his job at the NHL level.

I do agree w/fiesty that he could possibly be a decent 4th liner, but yeah, expecting more than that (especially offensively) would be a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...