New York Giants Ticker-Tape Parade Thread

Satans Hockey

NEW YORK - New York City will honor the Super Bowl champion New York Giants with a ticker-tape parade Tuesday that will end with a ceremony at City Hall Plaza.

The parade is scheduled to start at 11 a.m. on Broadway at Battery Place and is expected to follow a route north to Chambers Street.

Has anyone had any past experience with going to the Yankees parades? I have an interview in Nashville on Wednesday morning and I was suppose to head down Tuesday morning and go catch a Predators-Carolina game but now with the parade being on Tuesday I'm really thinking of going because I can always catch another Predators home game at some point in my life but I may never get to experience another Giants victory parade. It will cost me about 100 bucks to change my flight down but that 100 bucks would have been spent at the Predators game so I don't think it's much of a big deal. To anyone who went to the Yanks parades...is it worth going? Can you actually see whats going on? How earlier did you get there? How crazy was it to leave once it was over? Any info would be great. Anyone else going?

Edited by Satans Hockey

This is where things are fvcked up. The Giants play in NEW JERSEY and they are called the NY Giants and now a parade in NYC? What a big slap in the face this is to the state of New Jersey. The Giants all these years should be called the NJ Giants. Just messed up and would have been nice to see the Giants have a parade at the Meadowlands or some place in New Jersey.

This is where things are fvcked up. The Giants play in NEW JERSEY and they are called the NY Giants and now a parade in NYC? What a big slap in the face this is to the state of New Jersey. The Giants all these years should be called the NJ Giants. Just messed up and would have been nice to see the Giants have a parade at the Meadowlands or some place in New Jersey.

Edited by Satans Hockey

A parade for the Giants would not be possible at the meadowlands. If 75,000 people come and park their cars in the Meadowlands where the hell are they all going to stand to watch the parade? Plus there are going to be way more than that who would want to go. It would be a disaster. I'm sure most people in Jersey don't mind either, all they have to do is take public transportation into the city. It's not that hard.

Oh this is true with all the construction going on there building a new stadium but it is just another slap in the face for the state of New Jersey where the Giants have been there for 38 years. A parade should be somewhere in New Jersey.

They did play in New York for 50 years so I don't have a problem with it.

They have played in New Jersey for 38 years so that means nothing. I am fine with NY parade but NJ gets no credit at all here for the Giants.

it is the same route as 94. They call that downtown part of bway "the canyon of heros" and it's where they do parades that aren't macys, st. patricks day, mermaid or halloween.

ticker tape refers to the fact that they used to actually throw the tape from the stock tickers out the windows of the buildings downtown- back when the tickers printed out results on tape.

most of my office is going to be empty tomorrow as everyone is planning on drinking early and going. I unfortunately have to work otherwise i'd probably make some phone calls and find someone with an office over the route.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...&id=5934042

New Jersey Celebration:

New Jersey won't be left out of the New York Giants' Super Bowl celebration.

The team plays its home games at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, and they will celebrate there at 4 p.m. Tuesday, after a ticker-tape parade in New York City.

John Samerjan, spokesman for the New Jersey Sports and Exhibition Authority, says the Giants Stadium event will be free and feature the team's players, coaches and officials.

"It's like a welcome home," Samerjan said.

Tune in to Eyewitness News and 7online.com Tuesday, as we bring you complete parade coverage. The Eyewitness News team will cover the event start to finish, and you can watch it on Channel 7 or right here on 7online.com

For the first time, New York City will throw the Giants a victory parade. The Giants celebrated their 1987 Super Bowl title at the Meadowlands. There was no celebration for the 1991 victory -- because of the war in Iraq.

Edited by Satans Hockey

GIANTS VICTORY CELEBRATION

Tuesday, February 5 at 2:30 pm

Giants Stadium

FREE Admission & Parking

The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and the Super Bowl Champion Giants announced a Welcome Home Victory Celebration to be held in Giants Stadium on Tuesday, February 5 at 2:30pm.

All fans are invited free of charge to join Giants players, coaches and team officials as we honor one of the truly great triumphs in American sports history.

Stadium gates C and D will open for this event at 2:15 pm. The program will start at approximately 2:30 pm upon the arrival of the Giants from New York City.

All fans are encouraged to carpool.

*General Admission

*Camera, video cameras, signs and banners are permitted.

*Large bags and backpacks are not allowed in the stadium

**TIME CHANGE - The 2:30 pm start is a time change from the earlier announced 4:00 pm start**

The parade was awesome. I caught the 7am ferry and there was really no one waiting around near the guardrails. So a friend and myself got in front of a guardrail somewhere between the Fridays and the Church. Around 9am the place really started getting full, people were already throwing toilet paper back and forth across the street and people were dropping paper and stuff from the buildings. By 11am the place was going nuts. Lots of funny chants and you could really tell the players appreciated everyone coming out. Plaxico Burress came and jumped in front of us and shook our hands. It was a great day. I took some pics which ll maybe try to post later today but right now I gotta catch a plane to Nashville.

GIANTS VICTORY CELEBRATION

Tuesday, February 5 at 2:30 pm

Giants Stadium

FREE Admission & Parking

The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and the Super Bowl Champion Giants announced a Welcome Home Victory Celebration to be held in Giants Stadium on Tuesday, February 5 at 2:30pm.

All fans are invited free of charge to join Giants players, coaches and team officials as we honor one of the truly great triumphs in American sports history.

Stadium gates C and D will open for this event at 2:15 pm. The program will start at approximately 2:30 pm upon the arrival of the Giants from New York City.

All fans are encouraged to carpool.

*General Admission

*Camera, video cameras, signs and banners are permitted.

*Large bags and backpacks are not allowed in the stadium

**TIME CHANGE - The 2:30 pm start is a time change from the earlier announced 4:00 pm start**

Is there a replay of the parade tonight at all?

I always get a kick out of this argument. When the Giants play on TV, they show aerial shots of where? NYC. Get over it already. When they agreed to move to the Meadowlands they always made it clear that they would keep NEW YORK in their name. There used to be a site called njgiants.com or something like that, back around the time of their super bowl loss to baltimore. I used to rip those people apart. A reporter from the NY Times emailed me as she wanted to do a story on the issue. I emailed her back with a phone number. We played phone tag for about 2 weeks, but I never actually spoke to her, not sure if the story ever printed.

here are some pics from the parade. It was a great time.

With photobucket, the last pics added go on the first page and push the others back. If you go to the last page, the order of pics will make more sense.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/cog...iants%20Parade/

I may have gotten a few of the names wrong, feel free to correct pics you think are incorrectly labeled.

Edited by Matteau#32

While theyre at it, the rags should take away their statue of liberty logo, i mean its new jerseys :rolleyes:

Liberty Island

Liberty Island is within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York, a status that was established in 1664, reaffirmed in 1834, and which has never been officially disputed. The island has been owned by the federal government since 1800.

The belief that Liberty Island is "in" New Jersey could be a mistaken inference from these facts:

Liberty Island's proximity to Jersey City;

its appearance on maps on the New Jersey side of the state line;

New Jersey's victory in a 1998 lawsuit with New York over the ownership of parts of Ellis Island.

New Jersey provides all the utilities to both Ellis Island and Liberty Island, such as electricity, water, and sewage