#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

He didnt suggest there wouldnt be.

Got confused by the no draft party until 2015 line. Cleared up now.

Party on Wayne.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Next season sometime. I imagine there will be something on the Devils site. They're free tickets, so it wont be hard to get into. I dont see Newark/New Jersey going insane for the NHL Draft at all.

You can bet the Devils will make these a STH perk if possible

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#23 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

You can bet the Devils will make these a STH perk if possible

Poor form on them if they do. Draft tickets are almost always free and no place ever gets rid of em all.

#24 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Poor form on them if they do. Draft tickets are almost always free and no place ever gets rid of em all.

I'm not sure if the team will have the ability to dole out these tickets, or if the NHL does it since its their event. However, the concession and parking revenue (or whatever % they get from it based upon the taxes the city collects), will go to the team.

It will be interesting, especially with the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders fanbases so close to Newark. I can envision there actually being a bit of demand for these tickets with that pool of fans to draw from.

Plus, this event might be a test balloon for an NHL all-star game to be held in Newark in the next 3-5 years.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 22 June 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Posted Image

#25 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm not sure if the team will have the ability to dole out these tickets, or if the NHL does it since its their event. However, the concession and parking revenue (or whatever % they get from it based upon the taxes the city collects), will go to the team.

It will be interesting, especially with the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders fanbases so close to Newark. I can envision there actually being a bit of demand for these 5000 tickets with that pool of fans to draw from.

Good point about the NHL, but we're considered the host and the Devils will be responsible for ticket distribution. Just as the Wild were this year.

I dunno about the Rags and Flyers fans being *that* interested. The Flyers are hosting it in 2014 and I would bet that neither of them will have high enough picks to garner that much interest.

Heres how the Wild did it. It looks like STH got first dibs, but then they had an allotment for tonight...

Tickets are now available for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft at Xcel Energy Center. Don't miss this highly anticipated event that will bring hockey's elite young players from around the world to the State of Hockey.

Key NHL Entry Draft ticket information:
Wild Season Ticket Holders and the NHL ticket requests have now been fullfilled
Complimentary tickets are available for the Saturday session at Xcel Energy Center
Remaining seats will be in designated general admission seating areas
All remaining tickets will use the "Print-At-Home" feature and will require a $1.25 per ticket processing and handling fee
Schedule of events:
Friday, June 24 - 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m (Round One) Gates open at 4:00 p.m. All Friday night tickets have now been reserved. Should any additional tickets become available, they will be released the week of June 20. Tickets still remain for the Saturday session.
Saturday, June 25 - 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Rounds Two - Seven) Gates open at 8:00 a.m.
Please click the tickets button below to reserve your tickets for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Tickets are based on availability and can be reserved for either or both dates.

If you have any questions, please contact the Fan Relations Team at 651-222-WILD (9453) or customer.service@wild.com.

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Cool. Guess I'll be attending my first draft.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

cool !!!!

#28 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Good point about the NHL, but we're considered the host and the Devils will be responsible for ticket distribution. Just as the Wild were this year.

I dunno about the Rags and Flyers fans being *that* interested. The Flyers are hosting it in 2014 and I would bet that neither of them will have high enough picks to garner that much interest.

Heres how the Wild did it. It looks like STH got first dibs, but then they had an allotment for tonight...

You ARE aware that it's currently 2012 and the draft is in Pittsburgh this year, right? :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#29 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

You ARE aware that it's currently 2012 and the draft is in Pittsburgh this year, right? :lol:

lol aware its 2012 but completely forgot its in Pittsburgh this year

They dont have any ticket information on their site anymore, but it appears that they did it the same way as the Wild did (STH get first dibs) but they're also having a big draft day party for their fans.

http://penguins.nhl....79875&cmpid=bnb

#30 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

Great news...and overdue. Now if we can only manage to have a first rounder for that draft lol. Really wouldve liked to have forfeited this year's pick.

#31 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I am really happy that we are having it nest year. I was thinking about going to Pitt today for the draft, because it was "close" to here, but couldn't go. Now that I hear this, I will definitrly be there at the draft next year

#32 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Awesome news! If I'm still living in NJ this time next year then I will be in attendance!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#33 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Kind of hard to believe this will be the first NHL Draft in the New York metro area. I swear I thought the Devs had hosted one in the past and the fact that neither the Rangers nor the Islanders ever got the shot is... weird. Very nice to see the Devs, the Rock and Newark get some kind of spotlight here!

Now, it will really suck if we give up the 1st rounder in 2013. :P You know Lou's not the kind of guy to adjust team business to PR. I just hope he makes sure we do have a pick in the 1st round.

#34 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Lou will give up the pick next year so he doesn't have to put a #13 jersey on a player. :evil:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#35 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Lou will give up the pick next year so he doesn't have to put a #13 jersey on a player. :evil:

You brilliant bastard.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#36 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

:clap2:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#37 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Make-good for the Kovy fine?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#38 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

The draft logo should show the Statue of Liberty on it because she's in NJ and that would totally rub it in the Rangers faces

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#39 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Make-good for the Kovy fine?

According to TG, it was partially a vote of confidence from the league about the ownership situation.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#40 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I will not go to this. If someone is interested in the tickets the STH get let me know.
email me @ mr.mahon@yahoo.com

Edited by Mahon, 05 July 2012 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users