The Devils Minority partners are looking to sell their share.

ghdi

Vanderbeek could still be correct in saying "I'm not selling the team" if he's only selling a minority share while remaining the majority shareholder, no?

yes, but i'm not sure if he owns that much more of the team than 51%. we know lou owns somewhere between 5 and 15 percent and gilfillan is a minority shareholder.

anyone know if the weather is going to be terrible tonight? trying to decide if i should go or not

You should ask in the game thread, that's the more appropriate one for this type of question.

That said, I don't think the icy rain's supposed to start again till after ten, at least in north Jersey but who knows anymore :P

The St. Louis game has already been cancelled for tonight.

Wow...well at least their players won't be sleeping in their cars tonight :P

well, the statement didn't refute the rumor very well:

""As Managing Member of the New Jersey Devils, it is not my desire to sell the team. My partner, Brick City, and I have different visions for the franchise. While Brick City has a right, under our partnership agreement, to explore a sale and Moag and Co. has been retained to assist in these effort, I anticipate maintaining a controlling interest."

well, the statement didn't refute the rumor very well:

""As Managing Member of the New Jersey Devils, it is not my desire to sell the team. My partner, Brick City, and I have different visions for the franchise. While Brick City has a right, under our partnership agreement, to explore a sale and Moag and Co. has been retained to assist in these effort, I anticipate maintaining a controlling interest."

Where is the statement from? I can't find it lol :argh:

I guess it could just be business-speak, but the fact that he says that it's not his desire to sell and that he doesn't anticipate not maintaining a controlling interest seems to suggest the entire process isn't in his control.

Yeah I suppose it's possible he owns 50% or fewer of the team, you can own less than 50% and still be the majority owner. TG for what it's worth says he owns 50% so I guess it's theoretically possible all the minority owners could sell to one person or corporation and create a partnership.

I guess it could just be business-speak, but the fact that he says that it's not his desire to sell and that he doesn't anticipate not maintaining a controlling interest seems to suggest the entire process isn't in his control.

True. To parse the VBK statement, it's Brick City's right to explore a sale - it didn't say it's BC's right to explore a sale of Brick City's interest in the team. It's surely more complicated than we know.

he doesn't have a 51% majority, I guess. it's also possible some nutball could run in and offer $300M for the team, in which case he'd be stupid not to sell, especially since he could grift them using the arena

They should have sold prior to moving to Newark. Who would buy them now? I'd love to see how much they've been losing since moving, and it will get even worse now the novelty of a new arena has worn off.

You forget that while the team on the ice is losing money(most teams are), the organization itself isn't. Dolan, the Nets, and the place ranked 24th in the world in revenue helps them.

Edited by Marv4Life

They should have sold prior to moving to Newark. Who would buy them now? I'd love to see how much they've been losing since moving, and it will get even worse now the novelty of a new arena has worn off.

what in the world are you talking about. do you even know their difference in value between those two eras?

who the fvck would buy them before the building? they were worth about $20, like the Isles are now.