The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

I wish we had a clutch playoff performer like Claude Giroux on this team

Flyers (and Pens) have a much better offensive system then we do.. It all comes down to movement through the zone.. We sort of stand in one general part of the ice and try to pass around looking for an opening.. Problem is, the D is able to cover us easier because they know where we are on the ice..

Flyers and Penguins are constantly moving trough the zone and forcing the D to change position and keep their heads on a swivel

The whole league wishes they had a player like Giroux.

Amazing that both of these teams have decided to play hockey so far. The NHL has sent their zero-tolerance referee pair of Sutherland-Pollock to work the game. Don't be suprised to see these same 2 refs work Game 6 in Newark.

Edited by mdsieve

in the beginning of this series, pens and flyers, I was seriously worried that if we were to move on itd be against the Flyers and they would crush us but now that they have let a few games slip by and let off the gas when they were ahead, Im not that worried anymore. Obviously they are moving on today.

in the beginning of this series, pens and flyers, I was seriously worried that if we were to move on itd be against the Flyers and they would crush us but now that they have let a few games slip by and let off the gas when they were ahead, Im not that worried anymore. Obviously they are moving on today.

So the Devils can't even beat Florida, or for that matter be bothered to show up for half the games, and you think they'd stand a chance against the Flyers? Get the fvck outta here with that.

Sharks went to the Western Conference Finals the last two years.

They're like the Sacramento Kings of the early 2000s then.

I'd say Washington has been the most disappointing. Although that's kind of perpetual for the Caps.

The Devils have not been expected to contend for the Cup in the last 7 years. They've been middle of the pack at best, even when they won the division last time around. Out of Sharks/Devils, Sharks are far more of a failure, they were expected to contend and cant get out of the conference.

Edited by ghdi

So the Devils can't even beat Florida, or for that matter be bothered to show up for half the games, and you think they'd stand a chance against the Flyers? Get the fvck outta here with that.

hence why I used the word IF.

I wish our fanbase would respond like the Flyers does. Id love to see our arena filled with red.

Would've liked to have seen that too but alas, no dice... They've played well on the road this series, we shall see what happens

It was such an intense game I was rooting for them.

Well I'll be doing the same game 7, nothing I'd rather see than Boston kicked out.