Port 44 Brew Pub is OPEN!!!

The Rock 07

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love brewpubs (Triumph and Long Valley are my favs), but not a huge fan of ales, IPA's and stouts that they all brew. They all taste great, but wish they made lagers and pilsners. I heard it is because to make lagers and pilsners, you need larger equipment that these small places cannot house. But I also hate it when they serve me an ale with the word "lager" in the name. Triumph does this and it is annoying, but it still tastes very good. I guess I am splitting hairs here.

Prices were nothing special either 4 or 5 for a draft. I think that can be common with a microbrew as the costs are a bit higher. I think once they get their feat set and get steady business you will see specials ect... :cheers:

Yeah I'm just wondering because glocally was saying they have a 1 year membership for $55 which gives you 22oz beers for the 16oz price and you get to drink from your own personalized mug each time you go in which is pretty cool

So I was hoping to get the price difference between the 2 sizes to figure out if it'll be worth it

Edited by Colin226

Yeah I'm just wondering because glocally was saying they have a 1 year membership for $55 which gives you 22oz beers for the 16oz price and you get to drink from your own personalized mug each time you go in which is pretty cool

So I was hoping to get the price difference between the 2 sizes to figure out if it'll be worth it

I have to be honest, I just got the mug out of excitement, I doubt it's value package unless you are there alot. I think they now have the Devil Red on Tap and are working on a port...or vice versa, I have to check their facebook page again.

I have to be honest, I just got the mug out of excitement, I doubt it's value package unless you are there alot. I think they now have the Devil Red on Tap and are working on a port...or vice versa, I have to check their facebook page again.

I'll probably end up doing the same thing.. It's cool knowing you're the only person drinking out of that mug for the entire season

I'll probably end up doing the same thing.. It's cool knowing you're the only person drinking out of that mug for the entire season

You would kind of be forced to go there before every game though, just to make the deal pay off.

And do they keep the mug there, waiting for you? I don't think that would be much of a benefit if you had to carry it around yourself.

You would kind of be forced to go there before every game though, just to make the deal pay off.

And do they keep the mug there, waiting for you? I don't think that would be much of a benefit if you had to carry it around yourself.

No they keep it there for sure.. John Harvard's out by Pittsburgh did the same thing.. It's common at micro breweries like this.. And to be honest Keith, did we go anywhere else last season? Cheap beer, good food, no need to go anywhere else.. We should get one for mom so she can go on her lunch break

No they keep it there for sure.. John Harvard's out by Pittsburgh did the same thing.. It's common at micro breweries like this.. And to be honest Keith, did we go anywhere else last season? Cheap beer, good food, no need to go anywhere else.. We should get one for mom so she can go on her lunch break

Now that is thinking :cheers:

Personally, my friend and I are on a homebrew kick so for us it's an opportunity to talk beer with their brewmaster and just try different stuff. I love that Newark is getting one of these and hopefully this expands as it's a really cool concept.

Now that is thinking :cheers:

Personally, my friend and I are on a homebrew kick so for us it's an opportunity to talk beer with their brewmaster and just try different stuff. I love that Newark is getting one of these and hopefully this expands as it's a really cool concept.

A buddy of mine is getting into that too.. It seems like a fun hobby.. He's been talking with some guys at Triumph in Princeton about how to do it so I'll have to bring him up to Newark.. I'm itching to try the Devil's Red

Anybody have the limited edition Blueberry Ale from Triumph at the New Hope location? Everyone says it is great but it should be gone by the end of the week.

I was at Long Valley last night and the beers there were awesome as usual. I had something that was called "Jersey Fresh Hopped Ale." It was quite good and recommend it for anyone who likes their beers to be on the hoppy side.

I cannot wait to go to Port 44 when the season starts. By then they should have a complete, if not almost complete selection of brews for me to sample. Will this place have like a sampler on the menu when they have the complete lineup of beers like most other brewpubs do?

Anybody have the limited edition Blueberry Ale from Triumph at the New Hope location? Everyone says it is great but it should be gone by the end of the week.

I was at Long Valley last night and the beers there were awesome as usual. I had something that was called "Jersey Fresh Hopped Ale." It was quite good and recommend it for anyone who likes their beers to be on the hoppy side.

I cannot wait to go to Port 44 when the season starts. By then they should have a complete, if not almost complete selection of brews for me to sample. Will this place have like a sampler on the menu when they have the complete lineup of beers like most other brewpubs do?

Can you get it in a growler?

• 1 month later...

I went to this place before and after the game yesterday and enjoyed it very much. It's only like two blocks up from the arena, the music wasn't obnoxiously loud like at most bars I've been to, and the beers were great.

I had their Sirens Wheat, Catskill Hop Harvest Ale, Devil's Red, and Longy's Black Market Stout. All of which were very good but the stout was by far my favorite. My friend had the Goldfinch Ale and he said that was also real good. They had Cricket Hill Nocturne on tap as well, and there was a River Horse beer that was erased on the chalkboard so I guess they had something from them too before they ran out.

This is going to be my pre/post-game spot now.