Port 44 Brew Pub is OPEN!!!

The Rock 07

I went to this place before and after the game yesterday and enjoyed it very much. It's only like two blocks up from the arena, the music wasn't obnoxiously loud like at most bars I've been to, and the beers were great.

I had their Sirens Wheat, Catskill Hop Harvest Ale, Devil's Red, and Longy's Black Market Stout. All of which were very good but the stout was by far my favorite. My friend had the Goldfinch Ale and he said that was also real good. They had Cricket Hill Nocturne on tap as well, and there was a River Horse beer that was erased on the chalkboard so I guess they had something from them too before they ran out.

This is going to be my pre/post-game spot now.

So I take it right now, only the Goldfinch Ale and Devil's Red are made in-house while the rest are from other commercial breweries?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the ability to produce 3-4 beers and sell them but after that I think they have to purchase. The way I understood their approach they wanted to stick to "local" brews primarily NJ ones but that was their theme.

Yeah but are they only now producing 2 beers at this moment? I thought I heard over a month ago that they were starting on a stout. I know it takes time to make these beers but brewpubs should have more than just a couple of in-house made beers.

So I take it right now, only the Goldfinch Ale and Devil's Red are made in-house while the rest are from other commercial breweries?

No they are all made in-house except for the Cricket Hill Nocturne.

Where is Port 44?

It's on Commerce, you go north from the arena about two blocks and make a left and it's right there.

We're into the a few - but one is in Lake Placid and another around Albany... so this would be cute to visit... I wish my sister was into hockey then we'd have more people going - WAIT!!! My nephew is getting SOOO into the Devils and THIS my husband and his Bro would love! Cuteness... :angry: it better not suck <_<

Did anyone here ever check out the Ship Inn in Milford? Triumph just never thrills me... Like Harvest Moon just blahh.

Ship Inn is not bad, but not great either. Harvest Moon is terrible and to me Triumph and Long Valley are the best. Only problem I have with Triumph is the crowd (only at Princeton and doesnt apply to Philly or New Hope). Going there Mon-Wed is the best. I want to try Port 44 next and I am almost done visiting all of the Brew Pubs in NJ.

Ship Inn has a nice Best Bitter.... but man the food is weird these days - one day good the next poopage. I wasn't too into their Smoketoberfest. I had this AMAZING smoked porter up in Lake Placid -- I mean this was like WOOD CHIPS - so good.

I ought to try triumph in New Hope. My husband just said he loves Triumph. I haven't been to Princeton in a while. What's Long Valley?

Here my husband is going out to Sonoma and I'm trying to think of what he should ship home and I can't stop thinking about beer! I should have gone to Sonoma too -- but honestly I get really stressed about flying -- I'm fine flying - but the whole IDEA of it freaks me out too much. And YES I DO get freaked out daily about how unsafe driving is :P

Ship Inn has a nice Best Bitter.... but man the food is weird these days - one day good the next poopage. I wasn't too into their Smoketoberfest. I had this AMAZING smoked porter up in Lake Placid -- I mean this was like WOOD CHIPS - so good.

I ought to try triumph in New Hope. My husband just said he loves Triumph. I haven't been to Princeton in a while. What's Long Valley?

Here my husband is going out to Sonoma and I'm trying to think of what he should ship home and I can't stop thinking about beer! I should have gone to Sonoma too -- but honestly I get really stressed about flying -- I'm fine flying - but the whole IDEA of it freaks me out too much. And YES I DO get freaked out daily about how unsafe driving is :P

I tend to like the beers at Triumph Princeton a little better, but I find that I enjoy the food more at Triumph New Hope. Since my move, I now live about 20 min tops from Triumph Princeton so I go there almost once a week.

Long Valley Brew Pub is a small brew pub but I think it is very good. Both the beers and the food are awesome there, but the only issue is that it is in the middle of nowhere. They just also installed earlier this year an outdoor bar as well when weather permits, and it is awesome to sit outside at the bar and watch the TV there. Below is a link to them:

Long Valley Brew Pub

Another good place is Trap Rock in Berkeley Heights. The beers there are awesome as well, however if you look at the menu, you will see the food is pretty expensive to say the least. Good for a drink or 2 but that is it.

Trap Rock

Edited by DevsMan84

Long valley isn't that far from us. Looks great -- and I'll be sure to miss the live music if I can!

Now I have to check out your trap rock link

EDIT:

Hahaha my husband dinged Long Valley! Annoying part of Jerz - so I guess it's West and now South of 78 now too. Nahh -- we'll probably go there one day just not this Friday.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Long valley isn't that far from us. Looks great -- and I'll be sure to miss the live music if I can!

Now I have to check out your trap rock link

EDIT:

Hahaha my husband dinged Long Valley! Annoying part of Jerz - so I guess it's West and now South of 78 now too. Nahh -- we'll probably go there one day just not this Friday.

Long Valley is about 10-15 miles north off of exit 24 on rt 78. lol how is it west (rt 78 goes east-west) and south of 78?

Long Valley is about 10-15 miles north off of exit 24 on rt 78. lol how is it west (rt 78 goes east-west) and south of 78?

You're not following the through line... I left out 287 -- but it was included in the following post which I had written before I put in that edit...

Not in the mood to deal with the drivers north of 78 or East of 287 -- that means if it's not south of 78 &/or west of 287 its not a priority.

Dude -- read -- re-read and just get it, dont try to look like you're smart or something :lol: If I'm that dumb who even cares - why deal with me even?

the point is -- with the over-amped achievers in that zone that 10-15 miles isn't a mere 10-15 minutes... it's a death race to fvck over whoever you can on 206 -- get stuck in bullsh!t traffic caused by a$$holes trying to GET THEIRS driving down breakdown lanes etc to cut off people respecting the law and normal flow of traffic -- so it's takes about 30 minutes. One of our good friends -- really good mellow smart friends became this raging a$$holE once she moved up there. Unbearable. She's a great executive but her priorities are ALL fcked up now and she's amazingly unhappy. I just hate it there now... Long Valley is slightly too far East... but then you can get the MOE-rons in their stupid pick ups that serve no real purpose in their lives ... :argh: YOU'RE NOT A REDNECK, a$$holE -- and YOUR RELATIVES PROBABLY DIED IN THE CIVIL WAR FIGHTING FOR THE NORTH SO HAVE SOME RESPECT AND GET THAT STUPID CONFEDERATE FLAG OUT OF YOUR WINDOW!!!

sometimes NJ just drives me insane..... why are people so stupid?

and my dog is letting sulfur farts... thanks Corey... <_<

but seriously -- thanks for the info --we will make it up to Long Valley one day!

You're not following the through line... I left out 287 -- but it was included in the following post which I had written before I put in that edit...

Not in the mood to deal with the drivers north of 78 or East of 287 -- that means if it's not south of 78 &/or west of 287 its not a priority.

Dude -- read -- re-read and just get it, dont try to look like you're smart or something :lol: If I'm that dumb who even cares - why deal with me even?

the point is -- with the over-amped achievers in that zone that 10-15 miles isn't a mere 10-15 minutes... it's a death race to fvck over whoever you can on 206 -- get stuck in bullsh!t traffic caused by a$$holes trying to GET THEIRS driving down breakdown lanes etc to cut off people respecting the law and normal flow of traffic -- so it's takes about 30 minutes. One of our good friends -- really good mellow smart friends became this raging a$$holE once she moved up there. Unbearable. She's a great executive but her priorities are ALL fcked up now and she's amazingly unhappy. I just hate it there now... Long Valley is slightly too far East... but then you can get the MOE-rons in their stupid pick ups that serve no real purpose in their lives ... :argh: YOU'RE NOT A REDNECK, a$$holE -- and YOUR RELATIVES PROBABLY DIED IN THE CIVIL WAR FIGHTING FOR THE NORTH SO HAVE SOME RESPECT AND GET THAT STUPID CONFEDERATE FLAG OUT OF YOUR WINDOW!!!

sometimes NJ just drives me insane..... why are people so stupid?

and my dog is letting sulfur farts... thanks Corey... <_<

but seriously -- thanks for the info --we will make it up to Long Valley one day!

Ummm Long Valley is WEST of 287 and NORTH of 78.

What do you not understand? Read EN TOTO not just one sentence at a time. Although I'd have thought the sentence above would have covered it...

I'll break it down for you...

No North of 78 = No Long Valley (despite it's being West of 287)

No East of 287 = No Trap Rock (true it meets both East of 287 AND North of 78)

Seriously -- it's not a big deal to me -- but if you're going to pick at me as if I'm stupid -- i'll have to set you straight...

Edited by Pepperkorn

What do you not understand? Read EN TOTO not just one sentence at a time. Although I'd have thought the sentence above would have covered it...

I'll break it down for you...

No North of 78 = No Long Valley (despite it's being West of 287)

No East of 287 = No Trap Rock (true it meets both East of 287 AND North of 78)

Seriously -- it's not a big deal to me -- but if you're going to pick at me as if I'm stupid -- i'll have to set you straight...

Not my fault not many people can decipher your responses. They are always all over the place. This is why I never respond to anything you post before, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Also not my fault you hate driving anyplace.

Not my fault not many people can decipher your responses. They are always all over the place. This is why I never respond to anything you post before, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Also not my fault you hate driving anyplace.

:doh1: You just aren't reading -I showed you it was all spelled out clearly in one sentence. I'm fine with you ignoring me - but it's all on YOU not me. You're being rude but I'm fine with that - no need to defend yourself and make it out like it's all my fault - behaving even more rudely :evil: You're probably one of those" I'm really sorry I was a dick BUT..." and then list off all the reasons you're not even one bit sorry. Everyone does it - me as well - no shame in it -- just why not be honest even!

I'd like to also ensure you read that I said we probably WILL go and thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how we like it!

The Shipwreck looks good too -- there, I probably WON'T go though :evil:

Southern Tier Pumking is AMAZING!

Edited by Pepperkorn

:doh1: You just aren't reading -I showed you it was all spelled out clearly in one sentence. I'm fine with you ignoring me - but it's all on YOU not me. You're being rude but I'm fine with that - no need to defend yourself and make it out like it's all my fault - behaving even more rudely :evil: You're probably one of those" I'm really sorry I was a dick BUT..." and then list off all the reasons you're not even one bit sorry. Everyone does it - me as well - no shame in it -- just why not be honest even!

I'd like to also ensure you read that I said we probably WILL go and thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how we like it!

The Shipwreck looks good too -- there, I probably WON'T go though :evil:

Southern Tier Pumking is AMAZING!

I was reading, but even with the 2 posts I thought you were only talking about Long Valley and you only made a very brief mention of Trap Rock. Whatever, I am not getting into a fight on here over this so that is that. If I was a little rude, I apologize.

You will like Long Valley. You might not like the trip there and just be careful, you can miss it really easily. Almost everyone I know I told about the place misses it at first and has to circle back.