Super Bowl Thread....Sports Entertainmentzzzz for all!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really lucked out with the weather yesterday -- that's for sure.

Especially since the snowstorm came through just a few hours later...the NFL must have really sold its soul to the devil to hold off on the weather.  Too bad they couldn't fix NJ Transit :P

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/02/super_bowl_more_train_problems_as_announcer_asks_fans_to_stay_in_metlife_stadium.html#incart_m-rpt-2

The line for the train - about 50 people wide and stretching the equivalent of two blocks - frustrated 60-year-old Ken Magnin so much he abandoned it.   Magnin, who traveled from Denver for the game, pulled out a map of the stadium and its environs and sought to plot a way out of the area on foot. He said he planned to call someone to pick him up once he cleared the stadium property.

"This sucks," Magnin said. "They did not plan for this at all." 

I somehow think it would have been closer, I've never seen the Pats get flat-out embarassed the way the Broncos did yesterday (or the way Peyton did against the Jets in the '01 Wild Card game), but yesterday did bring to mind the whole AFC/NFC dynamic of the late '80's where the NFC Championship is the real Super Bowl.

The Pats would have been prepared for this game and probably would have come to a 4th quarter victory for either.    Denver did not prepare for this game.

Edited by MantaRay

It wasn't a bad Superbowl. People just thought Denver was gonna win or be close. Seattle set the tempo within the first few plays.

It was "bad" in that was non-competitive.  But it was nice to see a team win by playing tough defense.  I actually didn't feel like I was watching an AFL game for a change. 

Left work early and was stuck on I-78 for a while, so I put on Fat fvck on the WFAN just to hear what he had to say about the game.  After stammering his way through why he doesn't care about losing his YES gig (you care Mike...you can admit it), he stammered his way through his monologue on the game. 

I agree with his take on Peyton though...you can tell what kind of a game he's going to have by the end of the first quarter or so.  He's always been more of a frontrunner who is prone to dropping his head and getting rattled when things aren't going his way.  He's never really been a true battler on the field (though what he did in the 2006 AFC Championship game was truly amazing). 

Brady is definitely more of a rah-rah rally-the-troops-type, and that HAS produced positive results, but he can almost over-do that sometimes, to the point where he's getting so keyed up his throws start missing their marks, and he's just yelling at everyone (including himself). 

Basically, both guys are clearly the best of their generation, but neither is without flaws. 

I wouldn't put all the blame on Peyton. That defense couldn't stop a beach ball to save their life. You see clearly that Peyton can rip apart mediocre defenses, but he can't do it by himself, against the cream of the crop. That's the issue. Brady and Peyton can't win every game single handedly and they have to.

I wouldn't put all the blame on Peyton. That defense couldn't stop a beach ball to save their life. You see clearly that Peyton can rip apart mediocre defenses, but he can't do it by himself, against the cream of the crop. That's the issue. Brady and Peyton can't win every game single handedly and they have to.

It's not all on Peyton, but he did not play well either.  The Broncos' D did keep them in the game early on, but the O just never got it going. 

I agree that it's on Peyton and Brady A LOT to lead their teams to victories.  I know the Pats' D was clearly derailed by injuries this season, but I still wonder when the hell BB is going to put together a D that doesn't routinely get carved up. 

Your right. Bailey seems to never show up for the big games either, folds like paper under pressure. It'll be madly interesting to see what happens to their qb situation, regarding Peyton retires or is forced to.

It's not all on Peyton, but he did not play well either. The Broncos' D did keep them in the game early on, but the O just never got it going.

I agree that it's on Peyton and Brady A LOT to lead their teams to victories. I know the Pats' D was clearly derailed by injuries this season, but I still wonder when the hell BB is going to put together a D that doesn't routinely get carved up.

I would not put any blame on Peyton.   The play calling was atrocious and they did not prepare for Seattle over the two weeks.  Conversely, Seattle studied Denver and the Broncos offense had no answer.

The OC must really hate his receivers to put them at risk for four quaters.   

I would not put any blame on Peyton.   The play calling was atrocious and they did not prepare for Seattle over the two weeks.  Conversely, Seattle studied Denver and the Broncos offense had no answer.

The OC must really hate his receivers to put them at risk for four quaters.   

That's fine, but the Peyton fanboys will talk about he runs the offense and how he calls all of the plays, but then give him a pass on this game and say the play calling was bad.  They can't have it both ways. 

They prepared but it didn't go as planned. I mean they didn't do nothing all the two weeks they were prepping obviously. But as I said, nothing went down the way they thought, that screw up on the very first play changed the entire dynamic of the game.

The first play, changed NOTHING.  There was still 59 minutes left in the game!!!

Denver did not prepare well at all and the result speaks for itself.