GDT SCF GAME 1: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. KINGS

ZeroGravityFat

Time for Elias to get off the schneid. I think we'll see a big game from him

Let's hope so. I love that Elias has a role to play but of all players who have played at least 17 of the games, being last in points is just unacceptable.

Let's hope so. I love that Elias has a role to play but of all players who have played at least 17 of the games, being last in points is just unacceptable.

Yeah. he's still brought a lot to the table defensively, but they're going to need him to help out in the offensive zone a lot more.

Then it all crashes dooooownnn and you break your croooooownnn

and you point your fiiinger but there's no one aroooound

Just want one thiiiing Just to play the kiiiiiiing

But the castle's crumbled and you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King NOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING?

:burn:

It hasn't hurt the Devils much so far, which is a testament to their balance (and their fourth line). He's got 48 SOG, so it least it's not like he's not getting any opportunities...if he can keep up that rate, maybe they start to go in for him.

I'd to see him get it going too...to me, every series in the NHL playoffs is a new beginning...so who knows, maybe he finds a little more offense against the Kings.

eventhough its not acceptable its somewhat a good sign... Elias is aging and won't be around forever, he did play poorly in the playoffs and we're still there, it's a good sign for the future

It hasn't hurt the Devils much so far, which is a testament to their balance (and their fourth line). He's got 48 SOG, so it least it's not like he's not getting any opportunities...if he can keep up that rate, maybe they start to go in for him.

I'd to see him get it going too...to me, every series in the NHL playoffs is a new beginning...so who knows, maybe he finds a little more offense against the Kings.

Yes, this could be HIS series and you are right the SOG are there. But I haven't loved how he's moved the puck these playoffs. Also, let me offer up the paradigm shift: if everything in the playoffs happens the same way except the Rangers score in OT and then win game 7, people here would be blasting Elias's playoff performance. It is the nuance of an OT goal that changes all that. It is what it is though and he's still Patrik Elias - we've won without him scoring so he gets another chance.

The SOG don't matter to me either because it's not a part of his game that means much to me; putting shots on net that is. I even personally never understood it when people are like, "Elias is not scoring." Even though he has plenty of career goals, I never expect goals out of him. What I do expect however is assists/points in general. When Patrik Elias has 2 assists in 18 playoff games, there IS a problem...period. Excuse me....when Patrik Elias has half the assists Stephen Gionta does - there IS a problem.