Superstitions

DobaMB30

I know some don’t believe in this crap, but others do, so what little things have you guys done during these playoffs to help the Devils succeed?

I’ve had a few along the way so far, most recent is watching game 4 vs Rags at my brothers for a change, they ended up winning so I kept a good thing going and the next thing you know the Devils are 3-0 when I watch the game out there.. its a 45 minute drive but you gotta stick with it.

My supersitions have been lucky so far every game they won when I did my them. For the flyers series I grilled before every game and wore my Elias jersey. The Rangers series I made chicken bites and sweet potato fries and wore my Pandolfo jersey. Every series I always shower between the 1 and 2 period and had my beer jersey on my beer. My girlfriend has also played along.

Not sure what am going to do for the finals. Probably go back to grilling.

Gamae 4 vs the panthers I received a red alert towel(4 nothing win).so i carry the towel around in big spots suck as game 6 ot,game 7 out,a few flyers games and game 6 vs the rags.to make things short the towel is undefeated!!

Stupid smart phone auto correct^^^^.....go devils

I had to go to a job interview with my heinous playoff beard. a part of my superstition is i shave my mustache.

hell yeah I still got the job.

but i'm 98% sure my girlfriend left me....... I'm not too sure though, I've been too busy watching the Henrique goal to text her.

edit: also one night a few years ago, for some reason i parted my hair to the left instead of the right. What do you know? Zach scores his first hattrick.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I had to go to a job interview with my heinous playoff beard. a part of my superstition is i shave my mustache.

hell yeah I still got the job.

but i'm 98% sure my girlfriend left me....... I'm not too sure though, I've been too busy watching the Henrique goal to text her.

clap.gif..........POD.

Dont laugh. It started in '95 and carried over to 2003. Then I stopped until this year. I have to get mad as hell at the other team and literally curse them during the games. I have to stay pissed off for the whole 60 minutes. I sounds easy (crazy) but it's not. It's friggin' exhausting. I've only done it a few times but I chose to do it again this year and it's working so far.

Every time I wore my Devil's Pajamas I got for Christmas 2 years ago they lost. Then I wore them during the NY Giants game when DeSean Jackson returned the punt to win it and I haven't worn them on any game days. Ever. Bad Juju on those pajamas. seriously.

Scoops

I have to shake certain peoples hands at diablos now, and wear my Henrique Jersey and diablos scarf which will be a bitch in this weather. Also I must make the gdt.

after I won game 4 i woke up too late to do the GDT, and I saw you were back on it. and they won!

tumblr_lh22876Tw51qf4hgk.jpg

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I grow a playoff beard, but it's for fun rather than superstition. If I had a job interview or something like that I'd shave without a second thought. I also wear my jersey to all playoff games. (I don't always wear it to regular season games.) But again, I'm not really superstitious about it; I just think it's fun to go though the ritual.

I wear my Volchenkov jersey for the duration of every playoff game, only remove it to use the restroom or if I end up making any food. I also haven't had it washed all season long. I've grown the scruffiest nerf herder of a playoff beard, and I can't wait to shave it, but I'll rock it until the final second of the playoffs. I also typically have a six pack of beer throughout the game, with a shot of root beer schnapps during the 2nd intermission. Does it do anything? of course not, but I can't break the habit now. We made it to the finals !! Cheers !

1) The beard.

2) I was wearing my Elias jersey, but I took it off to eat and they went up 3-0, then they blew the lead when I put it back on, so I took it off again. Also, due to my coffee table being low to the ground, I was sitting on the floor in front of my couch when I was eating, so now I sit on the floor with my Elias jersey on the seat behind me.

3) I was eating 2 hot dogs and french fries with hot sauce from the crappy burger joint near my apartment, and drinking a peach Arizona from next door. I panicked when the burger place closed (I think they went out of business), but so far the Arizonas alone have been enough.

4) No more playing Thunderstruck by AC/DC or Here Comes the War by New Model Army. Definitely before games, possibly at all during the run. They cursed at least 1 game this postseason, maybe 2; I'm being careful now.

5) Since my usual avatar has the Cup on it, I've been changing my avatar the day before the next round starts to one with the other team getting shat on. I need to find one with Elias doing something to LA, since my first 3 were the other players who have worn the C or the A this year (Sal vs. Fla, Kovy vs. Phi, Zach vs. NYR).

I've also cut back on posting here on game days. It seems like we lose more when I over post.

Edited by mouse

Somebody needs to tell the Devils to create a reality tv show with some of you getting your Devils OCD treated. They could make millions and pay off that debt in no time!

They can film me in action, but they're not treating me, dammit. I'm just glad nobody at my job gives a sh!t that I look homeless. B )

Other than the playoff beard, I only have 2. For away games, even if I have plans, I will not leave my house until the game is over. Whenever I have this year, the Devils have seemed to go in the sh!tter and blow the lead. At home games, I've worn my Langs jersey since the start and wouldn't think of switching it up now. Also, hungry or not, me and my friend or my dad (they've been splitting the tickets) eat a stromboli at the arena before every single game. We started doing it late in the season and the team is something like 12-0 when we do. The only two playoff games where we didn't do it (one because I was sick and one because neither my dad or friend could make it), the Devils lost.