#1 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

http://blogs.northje...oved_to_russia/

"The announcement comes two days after an NHL team —the Islanders—announced it signed a 25-year lease to begin playing at Barclays Center in 2015-16. Coincidence?"

This is really disappointing. I was hoping to go check these Russian teams out regardless of whether Kovi and Ovi were playing for them or the NHL.
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

This probably has to do more with problems in the KHL than with the lockout or the islanders move.

I figured this was at best 50% happening when they announced the games.

#3 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

This probably has to do more with problems in the KHL than with the lockout or the islanders move.

I figured this was at best 50% happening when they announced the games.

Yeah TG sent out some tweet that it was related to poor KHL finances, not anything to do with the Islanders

Which I don't get.. I mean these were like the KHLs biggest teams with NHL stars on them.. And the KHL has come out saying they want to expand all over Europe and compete with the NHL, yet they can't afford 2 games in the US? Why would this have broken the bank so much?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

I had a feeling this was never going to happen, it was a publicity stunt!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yeah TG sent out some tweet that it was related to poor KHL finances, not anything to do with the Islanders

Which I don't get.. I mean these were like the KHLs biggest teams with NHL stars on them.. And the KHL has come out saying they want to expand all over Europe and compete with the NHL, yet they can't afford 2 games in the US? Why would this have broken the bank so much?

And this shows how laughable the Russian NHL stars threat to stay in the KHL is.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

And this shows how laughable the Russian NHL stars threat to stay in the KHL is.

lol good point

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#7 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Damn, I live in Brooklyn and was ready to go to that game.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#8 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Or, the KHL is aware of "insider info" that the lockout may end in time in order to nullify the value of that game in the USA. I'm sure they have "inside sources" that had to make decisions on the logistics of the game and committ money to it already. If the game had a realistic chance of happening, it would ONLY be if the NHL was not going to be playing during that time. Insider info may have indicated it would be a wise decision for the KHL to scrap the whole event...

This is good news for the NHL and its fans...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users