Devils/Prudential Center Making 'Huge' Announcement Tomorrow a

trailblazer

I haven't been reading this thread but I'm ready for the party poker arena takeover tonight! Paaaaaaarty poker! I'm gonna go all-in with a gamblin' Goose Island IPA and an Ace of Spades Sausage and peppers brought to you by Premio!

premio fake italian sausage with the fakest italian taste!

The whole free speech thing is absurd. The 1st amendment prevents the government from infringing upon your free speech. It doesn't apply to private ownership.

So many people don't understand this.  If I trash talk my boss on facebook, you bet your ass I'm getting fired.

So many people don't understand this. If I trash talk my boss on facebook, you bet your ass I'm getting fired.

But you still have "freedom" to trash talk w/out fear of the government throwing you in jail ;) unless you made a threat of course.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not the one arguing that you suck is "illegal" speech...and I believe I've said time and time again that the prudential center is a semi private building which requires patrons to comply with rules that could not be enforced in a public forum. Learn to read.

I'll learn to read when you go stand in 1) the nearest Macy's or Penney's or Wal-Mart etc or 2) the nearest public park telling everyone from adults to kids "you suck" to their faces then pass it off as free speech in a "normal tone and manner" as a defense. Then, afterwards, while you're holding your disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct violation and complaint(s) (possibly arrest if kids are involved) from a parent whose kid you scared sh!tless and by someone (like an old lady) who felt threatened, harassed or intimidated by your actions, then afterwards, we'll chat more. If you're that cocksure, go for it.

Edited by TheRedStorm

I'll learn to read when you go stand in 1) the nearest Macy's or Penney's or Wal-Mart etc or 2) the nearest public park telling everyone from adults to kids "you suck" to their faces then pass it off as free speech in a "normal tone and manner" as a defense. Then, afterwards, while you're holding your disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct violation and complaint(s) (possibly arrest if kids are involved) from a parent whose kid you scared sh!tless and by someone (like an old lady) who felt threatened, harassed or intimidated by your actions, then afterwards, we'll chat more. If you're that cocksure, go for it.

The fact that you equate a crowd in an arena with a person walking through Walmart says everything that needs to be said. Go Devils!

The fact that you equate a crowd in an arena with a person walking through Walmart says everything that needs to be said. Go Devils!

Nice try, come talk to me when you go ahead and do the above.

Go Devils!

Edited by TheRedStorm

Chuck isn't their a charge for verbal abuse on some level if I'm correct.

I once read the statute  on disorderly conduct and it does say something about being intentionally offensive in there, but I imagine it's one of those things they just never changed and don't enforce, as being offensive is a pretty broad thing and could cover almost anything. In a privately owned building, worst case is probably getting thrown out. You'd have to get really nuts before the cops show up. Maybe if you scream obscenities in public at a child you could get a citation, but I imagine a 72 hour hold in the looney bin is more likely at that point.

2C:33-2 Disorderly conduct

Disorderly conduct 2C:33-2

a. Improper behavior. A person is guilty of a petty disorderly persons offense, if with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof he

(1) Engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior; or

(2) Creates a hazardous or physically dangerous condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor.

b. Offensive language. A person is guilty of a petty disorderly persons offense if, in a public place, and with purpose to offend the sensibilities of a hearer or in reckless disregard of the probability of so doing, he addresses unreasonably loud and offensively coarse or abusive language, given the circumstances of the person present and the setting of the utterance, to any person present.

"Public" means affecting or likely to affect persons in a place to which the public or a substantial group has access; among the places included are highways, transport facilities, schools, prisons, apartment houses, places of business or amusement, or any neighborhood.

Not really sure you suck is abusive or offensively coarse. You could make the argument, but it's a real stretch, imo.

Edited by ATLL765