[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

We've been over this.  I'd much rather hear what you think than what some idiot on Twitter making stuff up thinks.

well thats fine thats your opinion and youre entitled to it. But can you accept that not everyone here have to walk in Triumph path ? without being called out if they don't.

this is a message board with all kinds of personality and opinions. if you don't like something just ignore it

If you guys want to start a fake rumor thread that's fine, I'll stay out of that thread for sure.  As long as fake rumors get posted in threads I read/post in, I'm going to say something.  

Co-signed.

I'm so sick and tired of all the Twitter Superstars out there.

If you guys want to start a fake rumor thread that's fine, I'll stay out of that thread for sure.  As long as fake rumors get posted in threads I read/post in, I'm going to say something.  

of course im not saying you have to believe every single rumours but who knows? anyone can be one seriously. Wanna know how many followers i have on twitter?  i knew that Bourdon was going to get traded to the Rangers the summer he died, cause i knew him and had lots of common friends. And i know Lou kicked tires on Parenteau cause i met him in a bar. Not as if im an incredibly connected or anything but if i would have been posting it on twitter (i didnt) well it would have been legit rumours.

you called out every single reports from Russia last summer saying they were fake and just crying for attention saying that Kovy wanted to stay there. Well now thats funny right? All made up apparently uh

hey guy.... my thread was base on a valuable source to me... TVA sport swiss sport writer who follow brunner previous team etc... The one tha t talk about brunner and raymond i dont know if it legit... that why i post it and ask if you know that guy etc.... Personnally i dont know him so that why i ask... its not like i post every Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor

personally i dont see room for Raymond if we get Brunner it would push some legit NHL players in the AHL. I get its good depth but we'll see. i think we're landing Brunner but i'd be surprised to get Raymond, even though i'd really like to.

Im like Lou right now... nothing suprised me anymore in hockey

of course im not saying you have to believe every single rumours but who knows? anyone can be one seriously. Wanna know how many followers i have on twitter?  i knew that Bourdon was going to get traded to the Rangers the summer he died, cause i knew him and had lots of common friends. And i know Lou kicked tires on Parenteau cause i met him in a bar. Not as if im an incredibly connected or anything but if i would have been posting it on twitter (i didnt) well it would have been legit rumours.

you called out every single reports from Russia last summer saying they were fake and just crying for attention saying that Kovy wanted to stay there. Well now thats funny right? All made up apparently uh

I'm skeptical of players knowing about trades months before they're going to happen, so I'm skeptical about your Bourdon anecdote.  Not saying I don't trust you, but I don't trust the information you got.  And that's why I don't like trafficking in rumors.

Let's look at these tweets.  The guy has information about contract negotiations involving two players who almost certainly have two different agents.  So he can't be getting it from the agents, he'd have to be getting it from the team.  When have we ever seen that?

caron:  Sorry, you're right.  The original is definitely legitimate, or at least we have reason to believe it.  Those new ones, I don't think so.

I'm skeptical of players knowing about trades months before they're going to happen, so I'm skeptical about your Bourdon anecdote.  Not saying I don't trust you, but I don't trust the information you got.  And that's why I don't like trafficking in rumors.

Let's look at these tweets.  The guy has information about contract negotiations involving two players who almost certainly have two different agents.  So he can't be getting it from the agents, he'd have to be getting it from the team.  When have we ever seen that?

caron:  Sorry, you're right.  The original is definitely legitimate, or at least we have reason to believe it.  Those new ones, I don't think so.

get my point here. I dont believe those tweets either. but i love talking hockey and love talking about the what if, all these reports are doing to me (and others here based on other posts) is that they bring a subject, i see them all as "what if this would really happen, what would we think about that?), all of them.

Now i get that some people can't stand that cause all they want is legit facts to discuss about. But still like i said it's a message board and everyone has different opinion, values etc etc so you always have to put water in your wine. Not calling out everyone not doing it the way you want.

now of course that being said its everyone's right to tell others that they don't like it, but to do it in a superior cocky way calling out the poster as if he's a clueless idiot. Not a fan of that, especially if the poster was just throwing that out there to bring discussion. there's way to tell people stuff, some people here are missing that way of doing it big time.

i hope this sounds fair

Edited by SterioDesign

I'm more in favor of Raymond than Brunner, especially if we can get him for cheaper. But I suppose having both of them wouldn't be a nightmare. Maybe it would finally kick a goon out of a starters spot.

i'd take Brunner over Raymond cause he's a pure goal scorer, raymond can produce a little but he's never been a big scorer. basically in this case i'd go for the highest ceiling

I'm more in favor of Raymond than Brunner, especially if we can get him for cheaper. But I suppose having both of them wouldn't be a nightmare. Maybe it would finally kick a goon out of a starters spot.

with or without Brunner/Raymond we wont have a goon in the lineup this year. Maybe for some games but I doubt the go with a goon.

Top 12 forwards

Elias

Zajac

Ryder

Henrique

Loktionov

Clowe

Zubrus

Josefson

Olesz

Carter

Bernier

Gionta

Without Brunner or Raymond a goon would be a 13th forward

not sure if that dude is legit he doesnt even have 300 followers but here's what he's saying

per Nick Barlotta

Hearing deal is imminent between Devils and Brunner.. hearing 3 million for 4 years.. also hearing devs had talked with Mason Raymond

Devils and Brunner are patching out details.. mind you DEAL IS NOT DONE... but Mason Raymond could be done before Brunner.. 4 years 2.75 per

so I say it and poof they do it.. coming from my source Devils have looked into Gagne but seems he want a little more then hoped.

*Correction* was just told by my NJD source... Mason Raymond 2.75 is not the money amount and 4 years is not the years... so we wait

So what has your source told you? Just want to clarify, are we or are we not going after Raymond? They've passed in Gagne? And they are definitely in on Brunner?

Also earlier in the week you said that they are shopping A-train, and a trade could come this upcoming week. Is that still true?

with or without Brunner/Raymond we wont have a goon in the lineup this year. Maybe for some games but I doubt the go with a goon.

Top 12 forwards

Elias

Zajac

Ryder

Henrique

Loktionov

Clowe

Zubrus

Josefson

Olesz

Carter

Bernier

Gionta

Without Brunner or Raymond a goon would be a 13th forward

It's pretty scary that a 37 year old is our best forward.  Something has to be done about that.  If something happens to Elias this year we are totally fvcked.  This alone leaves me to believe that Lou will make a bold move before to long.  He's going to put on some bandaids with a guy like Brunner.  But I have to expect he's going to package something together to get a scorer.  He has to.  Outside of Vanek, who we know is available, who else is there that is available?  I don't mind stock piling guys like Raymond and Brunner and whoever else because you know some other guys are going to have to go to get that legit scorer.  I don't think anyone is off the table at this point.  Including some very favorites...

Edited by capo

i'd take Brunner over Raymond cause he's a pure goal scorer, raymond can produce a little but he's never been a big scorer. basically in this case i'd go for the highest ceiling

I don't want a pure goal scorer though. Maybe before the Kovy situation that would be a nice addition, but then the money wouldn't be there. I still take Raymond because he's the safer bet. They're both he same age, the difference is we've seen what Raymond can do for 5+ years and would know what we're getting. I'm not really sure we can take liberties on paying a guy for his ceiling, when he hasn't even played an entire season.

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he already has a limited role in rule changes, then good.  Did he have a limited involvement in it before they started that competition committee?  As for presenting the trophy, I just think it takes away from the moment when a team is being given the trophy and the joyous occasion is interrupted with boos raining down until the speech is over and the captain skates away with the Cup.  Who cares what commissioners in other sports do?

Bettman dos not decide on rule changes. In fact he has a limited involvement in it. The commissioner in every sport presents the championship trophy. Who cares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he already has a limited role in rule changes, then good. Did he have a limited involvement in it before they started that competition committee? As for presenting the trophy, I just think it takes away from the moment when a team is being given the trophy and the joyous occasion is interrupted with boos raining down until the speech is over and the captain skates away with the Cup. Who cares what commissioners in other sports do?

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around.

Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around. Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well of course he's going to get booed, despite the good job he has done business-wise, three work stoppages in under 20 years is never going to sit well with the fans.  I don't follow other sports as closely as hockey, but aren't those commissioners widely unpopular with the fans too?  It seems to me it's just not a job that lends itself to being a fan favorite.  Knowing how unpopular he is with the fans and probably even many of the players due to labor negotiations, I just don't see how it isn't a better idea to have some well-respected person with a hockey background award the Cup.  Why does it matter what other sports do?

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around. Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well of course he's going to get booed, despite the good job he has done business-wise, three work stoppages in under 20 years is never going to sit well with the fans. I don't follow other sports as closely yas hockey, but aren't those commissioners widely unpopular with the fans too? It seems to me it's just not a job that lends itself to being a fan favorite. Knowing how unpopular he is with the fans and probably even many of the players due to labor negotiations, I just don't see how it isn't a better idea to have some well-respected person with a hockey background award the Cup. Why does it matter what other sports do?

Messier is well respected around the league. Would you want to see him presenting the Cup to the Devis or in a series the Devils lost. The commissioner is a neutral party to handle those sorts of things.

And the first lockout essentially saved the NHL, or at least a lot of individual teams including the Devils. The second one, had it happened a year earlier would have kept Parise on the Devils. While you can correctly say those front loading long term deals were loopholes of the owners own making, the fact of the matter is the game is a lot better without them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD