Robinson could be retiring

SterioDesign

:headless chicken::headless chicken::headless chicken::headless chicken:

Lets not panic. Dave Barr will step in and if Robinson steps down I can see Stevens giving it a shot. I really wish Paul Maurice did not go to the KHL. Him and Debo would have been great.

Could there be any way/loophole Maurice could backout of the KHL deal?

Paul Maurice has been a head coach in this league for over 1000 games. Do you really think he's going to want to drop a head coaching gig (albeit in Russia) for a chance to be an assistant in NJ?

Yes.

Why wouldn't you want the chance to be on the coaching staff of the Eastern Conference Champions?

He is great friends with Deboer, thats why.

Paul Maurice has never been an assistant coach in his life. He's been coaching professionally since he was 25 and got his NHL start as a head coach at 28. Some guys are meant to be head coaches and not assistants. I am guessing that is how Maurice feels.

Paul Maurice has never been an assistant coach in his life. He's been coaching professionally since he was 25 and got his NHL start as a head coach at 28. Some guys are meant to be head coaches and not assistants. I am guessing that is how Maurice feels.

Obviouisly but he had to go to Russia to be a head coach, I am just saying that maybe if he wanted to stay in the NHL and it had to be as an asst. why not with his friend.

I was shocked that no NHL team picked up Maurice, I really thought the Caps would of talked to him.

Edited by Zubie#8

This is a huge loss. He has helped to mold this defense and tradition here.

Could this be the opening for Scott Stevens?

I think maybe.

I'm not going to get myself bent out of shape out of two assistants leaving, despite how much Larry has meant to us over the years, if he walks, Im confident they'll bring in someone who can do the job or elevate Barr and bring in a Haviland or someone similar. I'm just glad Pete is still going to be here, and hopefully Zach.

That would be a huge blow. Hopefully Stevens steps in.