Lets get Friesen back

MacDevil

"Washington is almost certain to move defenseman Brendan Witt and forward Jeff Friesen, and the Blackhawks will talk about anyone on their roster. A couple of veterans like Curtis Brown and Jim Dowd might make sense to a few teams, but Chicago's best players are going to be too expensive for teams looking essentially for rentals."

Quote from CBS Sportsline....

We lost Friesen becasue of the Salary Cap.... (or becasue Malakhov and McGillis were on the Devils roster, pick your reason).

Now we have space to accomodate Frez and we should give back the pick we took from Washington and get Frez back.....

Lou get to work :pray: ..please....

Reasons why ?

He can't be as bad as he is in Washington fro sure.....

Also as I wrote several times on this board... WE NEED HELP UP FRONT..

Possible lines if this come true:

EGG

Kozzy Frez Parise

Madden Pando Langs

Marshy Brylin Jansen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac...April Fool's Day is still a month away.

Have you even taken a look at Friesen's numbers this year?

29 games played

2 goals

3 assists

-12 rating

What exactly have you seen this year to make you believe that this guy can do ANYTHING to make the Devils a better team?

Let Friesen continue to mope and feel sorry for himself in Washington.

I'll pass.

29 games played

2 goals

3 assists

-12 rating

What exactly have you seen this year to make you believe that this guy can do ANYTHING to make the Devils a better team?

I'll pass.

Yes, but sometimes a change of scenery is all a player needs. Frankly, if we can get him for the conditional pick we originally traded him for, I would do it. If he sucks, just have him ride the pine. Risk I would take if it were for a low enough price.

red will just have to be distracted by Lindsay Lohan. :evil:

+

No a thousand times over.

=

What we're not allowed to divert red with osme lindsay action ??? :P

See ???

A quick word of warning, please let this not turn into a thread used for flaming other posters; I do not want to see any insulting, personal attacks, or anything of the sort here. I don't want this to be another case where a poster feels attacked and goes off and attacks other posters again. Thanks.

29 games played

2 goals

3 assists

-12 rating

I'll pass.

Friesen plays on a pathetic team (with exception of Ovechkin). Coming to Devs will revive him.. He will double his production he had with Caps in 2 weeks. So answer to your first question is numbers don't matter if he goes back to his old team.

He will sure make Devils better. He is much better forward then, most of the 4th and 3rd liners... to my eyes he is on similar level as Langs... he will be great addition...

And of course I wouldn't give up much... a conditional pick or 7th rounder for example, it would be a great deal.

I don't see Friesen as a Stanley-Cup hungry man. Plus, he is a lazy man. He can score 23G for us largely because Nieuwendyk, who can make underachiever such as Antropov looked good. Friesen is a solid 2-way skater, but not a reliable sniper like Elias, who can score consistently.

Everyone who says Friesen will be revived coming to the Devils, revived to what? His 2003 second half/playoffs form or his Viktor Kozlov-like 2004 form? People forget he wasn't all that great in '04 (or the couple years before '03 for that matter). I like the guy but I don't think I would even trade Kozlov for him at this point, not with the shootout still in the NHL rules :P

Edited by Hasan4978