For the Langenbrunner fans

JRZYRIPPER

He's pretty polarizing around here. People seem to love him or hate him. I'm closer to love, just because most of his career here was quite good, and overall I think he did more than was expected while he was here...the 10 playoff goals in '03, a 29-goal season...I know it ended ugly around here (how ugly depends on how much you believe what you read), but I choose to hang on to the good memories I have of him.

So good for him on getting to 1100 GP.

Last night they reminded me of why I once liked Langs so much. I forget if it was Steve or Chico, but they pointed out that when Marty was cutting the net off after win #552, Langs stepped in and said something like, "Take a victory lap, I've got this," took the scissors from Marty and continued snipping.

It's a little thing, but I like it nonetheless.

Congrats to Langenbrunner on Game No. 1,100.

• Like 1

I liked Langs until he became whiny and acted like he didn't want to play for the Devils. I'm sure I could understand his frustration from the inside and seeing a team he probably thought wasn't going anywhere and he is in the twilight of his career but when you stop caring about the team the fans stop caring about you....and they'll turn on you something fierce.

But I digress, a few good years and a fair share of good memories so Congrats to Langs!

I liked Langs until he became whiny and acted like he didn't want to play for the Devils. I'm sure I could understand his frustration from the inside and seeing a team he probably thought wasn't going anywhere and he is in the twilight of his career but when you stop caring about the team the fans stop caring about you....and they'll turn on you something fierce.

But I digress, a few good years and a fair share of good memories so Congrats to Langs!

Came here to say pretty much this, well said.

Good for him, on both the goal, and a lengthy and eventful career.

But I'll still be referring to him as Captain Crybaby

its only sort of related because it involves langenbrunner, but I actually got a chance to play a hockey game with Jamie this past summer. His kid Mason goes to the Steve Jenssen hockey school up in Minnisota and I was up that way taking my younger brother to the camp as well. At the end of the week they have Steve the instructers and any of the parents or siblings of the campers that think they can keep up go on the ice for a game. Ended up getting an assist setting him up for a one-timer which, by the way, is way faster than it looks on tv. Also on the topic of slapshots that are way faster than they should be. Mason, Jamie's kid, has a wicked slapshot for his age. The whole motion looks spot on identicle to his dad's shot and he was out on the range ripping slappers over 60mph already and he's just a scrawney little 10year old. By the time that kid is 18 he's going to have one scary good shot!

Long story short I have a lot of good memories of Jamie and the more time passes the more I can forget about what may or may not have actually happened at the end of one season here and instead just remember that this guy gave everything to this team and its fans for a lot of years. Not everybody is meant to stay on one team for an entire career and I think jamie had become just another veteran presence that we had plenty of. The move to the Blues was the right one, because they were a young team that needed someone like that the same way Z&Z needed Pops when they were first breaking into the league.

I wish Jamie all the best and hope he and the Blues go all the way ... unless they run into the Devils in the finals in which case :noclue: sorry Jamie GO DEVILS!

Good for him! Always like Jamie and for me, the fact that Zach and Marty supported him so much and still say he was treated unfairly by the media is enough.. They were in the trenches with hi and they know what went on so if they support him how could you not?

Kind of nice to see Devils fans not talking about what a dick or cancer Langs was for a change.

its only sort of related because it involves langenbrunner, but I actually got a chance to play a hockey game with Jamie this past summer. His kid Mason goes to the Steve Jenssen hockey school up in Minnisota and I was up that way taking my younger brother to the camp as well. At the end of the week they have Steve the instructers and any of the parents or siblings of the campers that think they can keep up go on the ice for a game. Ended up getting an assist setting him up for a one-timer which, by the way, is way faster than it looks on tv. Also on the topic of slapshots that are way faster than they should be. Mason, Jamie's kid, has a wicked slapshot for his age. The whole motion looks spot on identicle to his dad's shot and he was out on the range ripping slappers over 60mph already and he's just a scrawney little 10year old. By the time that kid is 18 he's going to have one scary good shot!

Long story short I have a lot of good memories of Jamie and the more time passes the more I can forget about what may or may not have actually happened at the end of one season here and instead just remember that this guy gave everything to this team and its fans for a lot of years. Not everybody is meant to stay on one team for an entire career and I think jamie had become just another veteran presence that we had plenty of. The move to the Blues was the right one, because they were a young team that needed someone like that the same way Z&Z needed Pops when they were first breaking into the league.

I wish Jamie all the best and hope he and the Blues go all the way ... unless they run into the Devils in the finals in which case :noclue: sorry Jamie GO DEVILS!

Very cool story.

So we should expect to be drafting Mason Langenbrunner at some point in the future :D