Devils Trade Ideas

Elias26

They're just rumors but using NTC as reasons that a move wouldnt be made is folly. NTC's can be waived, if Lou really wanted to make a deal he could talk the player into waiving it.

Totally agree. NTC clauses can lower the chance that a trade will happen, but it does not make a certain trade impossible. The NTC clauses can be waived very easily.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor is:

TO PITT: Marshall, Rupp and Dowd

TO NJD: Malkin and Crosby

Just wondering what our team would look like if Eklunds rumors came true.

Hmmmm ...I don't know....maybe if we didn't have to include Dowd.... :whistling:

i like both those trades but i've seen the Elias one w/ Ohlund and Morrison and pyatt wasnt involved... i think linden was included too w/ some other NJ prospect... if i find where i saw it i will post it

And Elias has a NTC..Which Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) doesn't seems to know.

Im not putting any stock into Eklunds rumors at all with saying this, but NTC/NMCs dont matter! They are not concrete and can be waived with one signature. If Lou was serious about trading Patty, none of us know whether or not hed waive it.

That said, its not happening but all of you need to stop mentioning NTCs as a reason for a trade not to happen. Unless we're flies on the wall or privy to insider info, its not concrete enough to deny the trade from happening until we hear that the player refused to sign it.

All an NTC/NMC does is put the power into the players hands, if Lou wants to make a trade the player has to agree.

Edited by ghdi

Im not putting any stock into Eklunds rumors at all with saying this, but NTC/NMCs dont matter! They are not concrete and can be waived with one signature. If Lou was serious about trading Patty, none of us know whether or not hed waive it.

That said, its not happening but all of you need to stop mentioning NTCs as a reason for a trade not to happen. Unless we're flies on the wall or privy to insider info, its not concrete enough to deny the trade from happening until we hear that the player refused to sign it.

All an NTC/NMC does is put the power into the players hands, if Lou wants to make a trade the player has to agree.

If Elias really wanted to quit New Jersey, Why he didn't quit to join an other team that offered way much when he was a Free agent???????(like the Rangers.)

See, Elias here has Good linemates,he's the Captain, he's respected/liked and he has a shot for the Stanley Cup.And he loves New Jersey.

Depends the players that has a NTC..But when your in a 6year deal, and your 31, Why pulling off your NTC?

If Elias really wanted to quit New Jersey, Why he didn't quit to join an other team that offered way much when he was a Free agent???????(like the Rangers.)

See, Elias here has Good linemates,he's the Captain, he's respected/liked and he has a shot for the Stanley Cup.And he loves New Jersey.

Depends the players that has a NTC..But when your in a 6year deal, and your 31, Why pulling off your NTC?

Everything you said, applies to last year. Who knows what he'd say if Lou came to him now? And the thing about the money, he got GREAT money from Lou, hes not Alaskan fvckwad.

I dont think its going to happen at all, but just because he has a NTC/NMC doesnt mean he cant waive it or wont. Can you read his mind?

Edited by ghdi

Everything you said, applies to last year. Who knows what he'd say if Lou came to him now? And the thing about the money, he got GREAT money from Lou, hes not Alaskan fvckwad.

I dont think its going to happen at all, but just because he has a NTC/NMC doesnt mean he cant waive it or wont. Can you read his mind?

This is from last year?

Of course, he can waive his NTC, But like I said earlier..There's some reasons why he'll not waive his NTC.

;)

This is from last year?

Of course, he can waive his NTC, But like I said earlier..There's some reasons why he'll not waive his NTC.

;)

I'd also think that while the NTC CAN be waived, the idea of it is that Lou considered Elias an important enough part of the team to grant him one. Lou only gives those to players who he feels are integeral to the teams success, I.E. Brodeur. I would think it would have to be one hell of an offer for Lou to even consider asking someone to waive their NTC/NMC

Lou missed his chance to trade Madden earlier this off-season. We're probably stuck with him until the trade deadline or more likely next off-season when we get nothing in return for him. I don't see us trading Martin, but the fact that it's taking awhile to sign him may mean something is brewing.

Stuck with him? I love Madden. I don't want him to play anywhere else.

the whole point of an NTC is that management is saying that they should never have a reason to trade this player. if management suspects the player is discontent, they may approach him about a trade, but to approach him about a trade now would mean a: the NTC meant nothing to management when they granted it and b: they now HAVE to trade elias, because management has made it obvious they don't want him around anymore.

he's not getting traded, end of story.

This is from last year?

;)

Oh quit w/ the damn semantics. Those are reasons to stay, but its still not enough to say definitively that he WOULDNT waive it.

The bottom line a NTC/NMC does NOT mean he can't be traded! Thats the whole crux of my argument with you people. Sure, theres reasons he'd stay, but to say he cant be traded or to use it as a reason to deflect Eklunds rumors (which people have intimated) is ignorant and stupid. A NTC/NMC does not mean he cant be traded, its just up to the player.

and as Ive also said, I dont think its happening at all but its not out of the question, it is possible, only because it can be waived

Edited by ghdi

Oh quit w/ the damn semantics. Those are reasons to stay, but its still not enough to say definitively that he WOULDNT waive it.

The bottom line a NTC/NMC does NOT mean he can't be traded! Thats the whole crux of my argument with you people. Sure, theres reasons he'd stay, but to say he cant be traded or to use it as a reason to deflect Eklunds rumors (which people have intimated) is ignorant and stupid. A NTC/NMC does not mean he cant be traded, its just up to the player.

and as Ive also said, I dont think its happening at all but its not out of the question, it is possible, only because it can be waived

no - it's Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) who is ignorant or stupid. an NTC can certainly be waived, but it's unlikely to happen except after a long period of discontent on both sides. speculating about waiving an NTC when the player signed a below-market deal to remain in new jersey is foolishness. if elias has a bad season again, gets the C taken from him, then you can start these speculations. as it is, he will not be traded. i will bet anyone 500-1 odds on that.

Why does people says: "He has a NTC, so he can't be traded" Yes he can waive it, But of course, along with the NTC there's zillions reasons why ELIAS wouldn't quit New Jersey,.

Also..There's a good reason why we should say that, Its coming from Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate), .

And when I said he has a NTC, Which he can't be traded, I meant , I doubt Elias would waive his NTC For going to Vancouver.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumours is laughable as the Rangers winning the Stanley Cup next year.

Why does people says: "He has a NTC, so he can't be traded" Yes he can waive it, But of course, along with the NTC there's zillions reasons why ELIAS wouldn't quit New Jersey,.

Also..There's a good reason why we should say that, Its coming from Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate), .

And when I said he has a NTC, Which he can't be traded, I meant , I doubt Elias would waive his NTC For going to Vancouver.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumours is laughable as the Rangers winning the Stanley Cup next year.

We're going around in circles, read what Im saying for crying out loud.

I agree with most of your (and Triumphs) points but you're not seeign what Im saying. I do not think hes going anywhere.

The only thing Ive said and argued with is the FACT that he could be traded even with a NTC/NMC. It can be waived therefore opening a door to a trade. Every other point others have made in this argument is stronger than (pp from various people) "Hes not going anywhere because he has an NTC" that holds no water when it takes a signature to change that. We dont know what goes on behind closed doors, or how Elias feels at this moment in time. Im not insinuating anything is going to be done, but theres unknowns to consider.

And I wouldnt be so sure about him not waiving for Vancouver, they're not exactly a sh!tty team. Again I DO NOT THINK ITS GOING TO HAPPEN, but Vancouver is a beautiful city and a hockey hotbed. Newark is hardly beautiful and hardly a hotbed, he's staying here for other reasons which I respect and love him for.