Devils Throwback night Bogus ?

INLOUWETRUST

This was taken from todays ( Nov. 19th )column in uni watch. Scroll down to uni watch news ticker about half way down. I hope it's not true, that would really suck ! http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

Scandalous news out of New Jersey, where a little birdie informs me that the Devils throwbacks, slated to be worn on March 17th, will be lame-o fauxbacks. According to my source, theyre just using the current jersey template with green replacing the black. Also, theyre using the modern red and a darker green. Pfeh.

Edited by INLOUWETRUST

Its BS if this is true.

Speaking of which, when (if ever) are they going to sell them? I'd love to buy one if its not cheap sh!t like this report says.

Edited by nyrsuck26

RBK edge. I wouldn't be surprised. can they even do the old style sweaters with the RBK edge templates? I always assumed they were swapping out the shoulders and the stripes on the current jersey and that was it.

edit: never mind, I see what you're talking about, but the only difference other than the colors is the removal of the second level of stripes on the arm

Edited by maxpower

RBK edge. I wouldn't be surprised. can they even do the old style sweaters with the RBK edge templates? I always assumed they were swapping out the shoulders and the stripes on the current jersey and that was it.

No problem at all for the Devils retro jerseys to mesh with the RBK Edge. It's a simple enough design to translate over.

As for this rumor, don't believe everything you read especially ones from internet blogs that contain little birdies.

Edited by SJP20

edit: never mind, I see what you're talking about, but the only difference other than the colors is the removal of the second level of stripes on the arm

devils_3rd.jpg

I made that a while ago. It's the whites but it gets the idea across. It can be done.

Really hoping with the rest of you that it's not true.

OldDevils.png

NewDevils.png

...the only real difference would be the outlined stripe wrapped around the shoulders. Though the jersey would look different than the original green's worn in the 80's, I think the bigger difference would be if they changed color scheme. If that rumor (old red/light green ---> new red/dark green) is indeed true... (coupled with the fact that they're dropping the stripe around the shoulders) the jersey is going to look completely different than the one's we remembered. The Jets did this (light green -to- hunter green) when they went back to the old color scheme. Old school Jets fans still insist, the uniforms look totally different that the one's they remember.

They should call the game "Alternate`Night" instead of throwbacks.

And the outline stripe on the shoulder, which absolutely can be done since several team currently have that as part of their edge design.

Here is the press release:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=487020

The Devils will wear their original red, green, and white uniforms for one night, Wednesday, March 17, 2010

and the accompanying picture:

shanahanredgreen2.jpg

so, the Devils would be lying otherwise. also, as was posted, Lou isn't gonna go half-assed on something he said would NEVER happen.

Edited by njdevsfn95

Here is the press release:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=487020

and the accompanying picture:

shanahanredgreen2.jpg

so, the Devils would be lying otherwise. also, as was posted, Lou isn't gonna go half-assed on something he said would NEVER happen.

If someone was trying to be a sleuth or being worried about this I might look to these quotes to feel better:

The Devils will wear their original red, green, and white uniforms for one night, Wednesday, March 17, 2010,

“The original red, green, and white jerseys are a part of our history here in New Jersey,” said Lamoriello.

Edited by Devils731

I don't know about the design, but if they don't produce replicas of these jerseys available for fans, I think it's a huge FAIL. It would be just stupid to pass on such a chance to make money. The Devils already made sure the fans would get the message and they keep advertising the whole thing. Obviously, fans are crazy about this. Selling these jerseys (and I don't mean game-worn ones, but sweaters produced especially for sale) only makes sense.

Hopefully, they won't mess the thing up. I wouldn't mind an Rbk Edge design (for example, Canucks' oldschool jerseys don't look bad with the new collar and shape), just don't change the fricking scheme!

Edited by Revan