All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

the seller sent me some pictures to try to re ensure me that the are legit. see what you think devsman.. i also requested a close up on the nhl logo on the collar so i will add that when it is posted. The logo on the front seems to look like it is the cheap material that they use on the premiers.

the tag in the last picture also says "made in Indonesia" which is where these jerseys are actually made. ..im starting to feel much better about this.

post-7378-0-45923900-1412287499_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-27714300-1412287508_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-16435000-1412287519_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-52203000-1412287530_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-04238900-1412287541_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-92277800-1412287552_thumb.jp

Lately I have been seeing that JAG Sports Marketing (aka the former In The Game Collectibles in Holmdel, NJ) and the Crazies have teamed up over the past year or so to auction off some signed Devils items from pucks and pictures to jerseys.

Since the beginning the jerseys were always replica with customization done in quite possibly the cheapest/poorest method that is stitched outside of the knockoffs.  Their customization was terrible to say the least.  Now I have noticed lately that the jerseys they have been auctioning off the past couple of months are looking rather odd.  If you notice the picture below right off their current auction, you will see it is missing any sort of neck or hem tag and it's also pretty obvious it is not an Edge or Premier cut.  Not only that but the stripes are off in terms of thickness and location and its certainly unlike any chinese knockoff I have seen.

If I would venture a guess, this is a really cheap, homemade jersey they are peddling as replicas and people are fighting each other to bid on these terrible looking jerseys.  I went to a JAG sponsored Oliwa signing in Woodbridge a year or 2 back and they had a bunch of these jerseys there and they looked exactly like the Gelinas below.  I just find it disturbing that a well-known Devils fan group along with a Sports Marketing company are knowingly selling/auctioning homemade jerseys without telling the buyers such information.

gallery_3795_169_14344.jpg

Edited by DevsMan84

you should post that above post on their facebook page, some of these people that bid on these things on facebook are so goddamn dumb with the prices they post i wish i could smack them in the mouth.

Wish I could but it would be deleted within a few minutes and I would be kicked.  They secure their auctions better than the Secret Service secures the White House.

They only provide 1 pic of the jersey and it's always from the back.  The comments below the pic are for bids and when someone has even a legit question such as if there are more pics of what size it is, etc, they get their comments deleted and a warning.

Also the people who bid on their stuff tend to be a lot of the rank and file Devils fans and not really the hard core collectors.  The rank and file tend to over-value autograph while not taking into account the price/quality of the item that it is on, namely the jersey.  You see their other auctions and see a signed Gelinas puck going for $80 when the bidding is done.  That's nuts and way overpriced.

I went to a sports collectibles expo last year in Somerset, NJ and almost all of the framed, signed jerseys that the dealers were selling for the MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL were fakes but still charging as if they were at least replicas.  The dealers know most people either don't know, don't care, or think the autographs are worth more than what they really are.

Edited by DevsMan84

Where did you end up getting your jersey done and who did the customization?

Hey DevsMan, sorry for the late reply. I ended up getting it from CoolHockey, but I don't know who did the customization for them. The jersey shipped from Canada, though. I think it came out great, I'm very happy with it. Here are some pics:

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2053%2030%20AM.j

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2053%2038%20AM.j

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2054%2013%20AM.j

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2054%2021%20AM.j

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2054%2028%20AM.j

Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%201%2055%2001%20AM.j

I did not have the best lighting in the room, but it's 2 AM lol.

Save them in your gallery on this site.  Then once there, copy and paste the links (there should be button when you click on each pic that says "links" or something of that sort).  Choose the web image link I think it is called.

That is what I do and I have 2 windows going when I do it to make it easier.

Save them in your gallery on this site.  Then once there, copy and paste the links (there should be button when you click on each pic that says "links" or something of that sort).  Choose the web image link I think it is called.

That is what I do and I have 2 windows going when I do it to make it easier.

Thanks, here they are:

gallery_4324_185_486447.jpg

gallery_4324_185_572157.jpg

gallery_4324_185_165156.jpg

gallery_4324_185_127983.jpg

gallery_4324_185_661163.jpg

What do you think?

Numbers look good so no issue there.

However, the nameplate looks to be a little off.  The letters are a little too skinny and the white part of the letters need to be "bolder" and the black trim needs to be shown less.  This is an issue pretty much every single customizer outside of EPS has an issue with and this is how I can instantly tell if a jersey was done by EPS or someone else (that and none of the other customizers can get the angle of the #7 right).

Also what material is the nameplate made out of?  Looks like either twill or something other than the material of the jersey.

Overall though you have a pretty well customized jersey.  Def better than a majority of jerseys I see at the arena and I wouldn't have an issue wearing that myself.

Numbers look good so no issue there.

However, the nameplate looks to be a little off. The letters are a little too skinny and the white part of the letters need to be "bolder" and the black trim needs to be shown less. This is an issue pretty much every single customizer outside of EPS has an issue with and this is how I can instantly tell if a jersey was done by EPS or someone else (that and none of the other customizers can get the angle of the #7 right).

Also what material is the nameplate made out of? Looks like either twill or something other than the material of the jersey.

Overall though you have a pretty well customized jersey. Def better than a majority of jerseys I see at the arena and I wouldn't have an issue wearing that myself.

Thanks haha. Yea I'm not sure what material the nameplate is, it looks like it's what the inside of sweatpants are made out of lol but I'm not sure if that's how to describe, I'm not sure. What is it supposed to be?

I would say that your nameplate is made out satin.  I don't see that done often but I have seen it here and there.

Material should be made out of same as the jersey.  Therefore on authentics it should be airknit but on premiers (current replicas) it should be the premier material or you can get away with airknit.  When EPS does my premiers they use airknit.

I would say that your nameplate is made out satin. I don't see that done often but I have seen it here and there.

Material should be made out of same as the jersey. Therefore on authentics it should be airknit but on premiers (current replicas) it should be the premier material or you can get away with airknit. When EPS does my premiers they use airknit.

Hmm interesting. Oh well it still looks good, right? I'm happy with it overall.

Those are actually fakes and here is why:

Haha j/k those are legit premier replicas.  Looks like factory customization.

my heart skipped a beat! lol yea i figured they were straight from the factory as the person did say they worked for reebok.. for what i paid i cant ask for any better i know have a descent jersey to wear to games and can give my few game worns a break.. i never intended to wear my rico gamer out of the house anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across someone selling 100% legit Devils Retro Night/Stadium Series authentic EDGE 2.0 7287 jerseys on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-AUTHENTIC-2014-STADIUM-SERIES-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-/291171334603

I've never seen these in any stores and can't find them online anywhere else. Also, I thought Reebok/CCM only made the authentic EDGE 1.0 versions of these in 2010 for the Devils' first retro game? Are these Reebok/CCM extras from the Game-Issued batch?

$_57.JPG

$_41.JPG

$_41.JPG

Edited by hoekster316

I didn't have to even click the link to know that is Jersey Baron's listing.

JB is well known in the jersey collecting world as being quite possibly the only person, online or in stores, to get legit edge 2.0 reebok edge jerseys for pretty much any team with any style. He knows this and his prices reflect them but everyone agrees his stuff is stuff is legit and his selection is amazing. Apparently rumor is that he has an "in" with the Reebok folks so he gets this quick and in styles no one else has. He has to buy them in bulk (I think like at least 25) so that's another reason for these prices.

These are not necessarily team overstock but they are legit 2.0's and exactly the same as what the players wore for that game. He has had that listing up since around April or May I believe.

The authentics sold in 2010 were indeed 1.0's (I know as I have one) but all the ones worn in the retro games were all 2.0's. No collector that I talk to had a good theory as to why 1.0's were sold to the public back then

I didn't have to even click the link to know that is Jersey Baron's listing.

JB is well known in the jersey collecting world as being quite possibly the only person, online or in stores, to get legit edge 2.0 reebok edge jerseys for pretty much any team with any style. He knows this and his prices reflect them but everyone agrees his stuff is stuff is legit and his selection is amazing. Apparently rumor is that he has an "in" with the Reebok folks so he gets this quick and in styles no one else has. He has to buy them in bulk (I think like at least 25) so that's another reason for these prices.

These are not necessarily team overstock but they are legit 2.0's and exactly the same as what the players wore for that game. He has had that listing up since around April or May I believe.

The authentics sold in 2010 were indeed 1.0's (I know as I have one) but all the ones worn in the retro games were all 2.0's. No collector that I talk to had a good theory as to why 1.0's were sold to the public back then

He's gotta have an "in" at Reebok if he's the only one out there that has these. And, as you said, he has about 25 of them in total, from sizes 46 to 60. Basically, if you want a retro/Stadium Series 2.0 authentic jersey, you either buy from him at $374.99 or a Meigray blank Game-Issued one at $595.

DevsMan - The 2010 retro night gamers were 2.0?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.