TV Show

UnderDogX

Can't wait...new year premieres in January!

Justified - Best show on TV. Period.

Californication - oh the life of Hank Moody.

Being Human - a guilty pleasure and a decent Americanized UK remake.

(although it does premiere mid Feb) Eastbound & Down - last season should be an amazingly hilarious one!

Edited by UnderDogX

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

After reading all the good words about "Breaking bad" I started watching it streaming on netflix, and I just wanted to thank everyone who said it was great. I think it is probably the best tv series I have ever seen! "Sopranos" might come the closest. I had never heard of it, maybe because it was on AMC, but I am hooked now... I mean two or three episodes a night, very addicting! I didn't know or hear about the all of the emmy's or golden globes it has won but the characters of Walt and Jesse are equal or better than Tony and Michael in Sopranos.I read this in wikipedia and I think it says it nicely... Ross Douthat of The New York Times, in a response to Klosterman's piece, compared Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, stating that both series are "morality plays" that are "both interested in moral agency". Ross went on to say that Walter White and Tony Soprano "represent mirror-image takes on the problem of evil, damnation and free will". Walter as a man who "deliberately abandons the light for the darkness" while Tony is "someone born and raised in darkness" who turns down "opportunity after opportunity to claw his way upward to the light." Thanks again for turning me on to the show, to bad it isn't still in production!

Californication and Shameless both had excellent premiers and letdown second episodes so far this season. Ditto with that new Showtime show with Don Cheadle. Can't think of the name right now.

White Collar came back last night but I missed it due to the Devils game, gotta catch that. That's a total guilty pleasure show for me. I think Royal Pains came back as well tonight, but I'm less into that than the other USA shows.

The important thing is Psych is back sometime next month, I believe.

Has anyone here watched the British (original) version of Shameless? If so would you recommend that I watch that version or the US version first? Both are on netflix right now and I want to know if the US version is just as great as the British version. I'm hoping that the US version isn't a letdown like we had when they tried to make an American version of Skins, albeit the US version was doomed from the start being on a censored channel and a rip off of the first generation of British characters. It never had a chance to form its own identity.

Edited by thefiestygoat