Tallinder in For Harrold Game 4

sundstrom

Most likely Urbom and Taormina will be on the team next year... Whether the Devils won or lost this thing changes were coming. There is going to be a lot of turnover from this year's team to next.

Zidlicky, Volchenkov, Tallinder, Greene, Fayne, Larsson

I can see them resign Sal, so there is no room for them unless a trade occurs.

When healthy Tallinder was arguably the Devils best defensemen this year. Though that debate is a bigger picture issue reserved for another time and place. I don't expect him to be anywhere near his usual self tonight, nor did I think Harrold was the worst defensemen this series, but I like this move. Down 3-0, why not change it up?

I wish Larsson could have gotten into a game but I trust DeBoer. I hate to say anything negative about Zidlicky but he's been horrible this series but I'll give him a pass since he appears to have been injured ever since the end of the Flyers series.

I'm not confident at all in them re-signing Sal. I can definitely see it as a possibility, but one of Urbom/Gelinas will likely be up here next year. I could see Sal getting offers/a raise from other teams. Harrold is also UFA and he could also be re-signed. If there's 8 D men on the squad, there's 2 spots and 4 possibilities with 2/4 being UFA.

Its also a possibility that if we lose Parise (hell, even if we dont), Lou goes out and shops for an upgrade on D. That will muddy it even further.

There will be room and it's possible that one of Urbom/Taormina is traded also. This D is going to look at least halfway different next year. 3 of them will be somewhere else.

I am eating crow, he had a great game, very solid. He also created many good scoring opportunities.

I would have to second this. He did play a very solid game, especially after not playing for so long.

I will proudly eat my crow if the results are the same the next three games.

looking back it was clearly the right move - he's been their best defenseman the last two games.

i wasn't sure about it but that's why i'm here and pdb is there.

This was the most obvious move ever in the end. Tallinder looks like the freshest Devil on the ice, and he's been huge. Remember, Pete told him after practice he wasn't going to play before game 4, but Tallinder had to almost convince him that he was ready to go. Good change of mind by Pete.

Edited by devilsrule33

Have to give Tallinder props too, he has been very good and not showing much rust I forgot how good he was at clearing the puck out.

tallinder has always been confident with the puck behind our net. sykora hasnt been hoorible either

loved the zub, poni bernier line the one time they were all out there forechecking the hell out of the kings. these last two games have been so satisfying and a wonderful well earned tribute to this team ,season and coach way to claw back and scare the hockey world!!!!

Can everyone offically admit that Tallinder going into the lineup was the right move yet?

For me: Yes. I was wrong. Tallinder has fresh legs and it shows. He is playing a fantastic game since being inserted into the lineup. He has played well beyond average. I am also learning the PDB has Lou-Like powers of making the right moves at the right time. Kudos.