2007 Rutgers Football thread

metallidevils

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question out to Rutgers fans/students....

I am going to the game this weekend against Nor. State. I read that you can only tailgate 3 hours before hand. A group of us are planning to get there around 9 am. Does anyone know of a place to set up shop and tailgate that early or is the 3 hour rule just to keep tailgating to a minimum but actually allow it all day. Any help would be great. Thanks.

i thought that was a very class-less move by schiano. I mean if you're playing a team like WV that could theoretically score 50+ points in the second half, then yes, try to score as much as possible. But against Norfolk? Don't do something like that.

I don't think it was that long ago that Syracuse took 4 knees with first and goal on the 1, because they were beating us so badly.

i thought that was a very class-less move by schiano. I mean if you're playing a team like WV that could theoretically score 50+ points in the second half, then yes, try to score as much as possible. But against Norfolk? Don't do something like that.

I don't think it was that long ago that Syracuse took 4 knees with first and goal on the 1, because they were beating us so badly.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see CRASHER's rant on Rutgers THIS week :rofl::doh1:

I've never trusted Teel, he's just not accurate when he needs to be and tonight showed it again. He's no longer got Leonard and Harris around to help cover his rear end. Rutgers' D is nothing to write home about either.

Out of the Top 25 this week, and probably headed to a .500 season and maybe a satelite bowl :o

I can't wait to see CRASHER's rant on Rutgers THIS week :rofl::doh1:

Well I'm kinda drunk from a wedding and I only saw the second half and trying not to break out laughing cause the loyal alum (who was actually mad for 4-5 minutes... least she showed SOME emotion in two years :P)... PASSED OUT in the last 5:00 of the game :P

At least I don't have to worry about missing a Devils game to go to some sh!thole bowl in nowhere's-ville!!! :boogie:

PS, still undefeated at their home games!! :giggle:

got back from the game a few hours ago...jesus christ. a team can't survive in the top 25 with this playcalling. 2nd and three with a minute and a half left on the twenty and you throw a pass? When it was 2nd and 9 at the 41 with 5 minutes left, you bomb it to the endzone and set up a 3rd and long, and then don't even go for it on 4th? They got the 20 yards back that the punt accounted for within a few plays. Rice wasn't good, but the offensive line didn't open anything up for him either. Teel's interceptions were all awful passes, but he made a lot of good passes too. Tim Brown looked great. Our special teams is still terrible, defense is still pretty damn bad. The crowd was fun, I still haven't missed more than 1 or 2 games yet (I'm a junior now) and I still plan on going to every game, but we really need to put out a better effort than we did tonight. We havent to looked prepared for a game yet.

There is a WORLD of difference in being the team that comes out of nowhere and shocks people and being the hunted team "expected" to win... some teams can NOT handle that difference... some teams let it get to their heads... and those teams get a Bill Belichicken sized piece of humble pie!!!!

Keep chopping guys... you'll cut your slice soon :evil:

domination is a bit of an over-statement... yeah they whipped another horrible team...but WAY TOO MANY penalties...I know the two of us who watched that game were none too impressed....

I was pretty impressed with how teel recovered after that abomination of a first pass.

Rice looked really good - there were some holes that he found, but he broke a lot of tackles himself, something that he wasnt doing much in the last few games.

The penalties need to stop.

I wonder if WV is going to break 300 yards rushing against us.

Edited by metallidevils