N.F.L Week 8

CRASHER

No offense, but you have nothing to brag about. You must have been sh!ting brick in the minute. It's a Win, but nothing to boast over.

That's the kind of stuff they need to stay in a game dude. (because their offense & defense are laugh reels) Last time, it took 17 wildcats to pull out a 'W within the closing seconds of the game. This time it was 21 points off kick returns, and a fumble brought back, to hang on within the closing seconds of the game. :ph34r: But hey, that's football. Although our 'O & 'D may have played better... there's more to football that just that. Miami executed better... they got some lucky breaks... and (as much as I hate Henning) their offensive coordinator, is head & shoulders better than BS. (fitting initials)

The sad thing about it all is: the Jets season is now officially.. OVER! I remember how bizarre last season was. Beating the really good teams (ie: Tennessee, New England, Arizona, etc) while finding ways to lose to the crap. (Oakland, Seattle, San Fran) I had figured this year, that schtick would be over with. Yeah, I was wrong. How you can beat the Patriots & Houston (10 wins combined) and play an overall great game against New Orleans... yet lose to the Bills, and both games to Miami?!? Disgraceful.

Season's done. Be happy with 9-7... but most likely 8-8.

You really have no idea what beating the Jets means to a Dolphins fan.

...yeah I know, it's right up there with having a winning season. Sad isn't it? :doh1:

Edited by Beezer34

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spags, you can come back any time you want. CC Brown is the worst safety in the league. Dumb and slow. Gilbride is a prick. Lets see if they can get a win vs. the chargers next week and figure things out in the bye.

I don't think it's the Giants D so much, it's the offense IMO, it seems out of sync. Eli needs to be more accurate, he's throwing too many "hope my receiver catches it" balls.

Maybe he needs to work on his arm strength too, the bye week could work wonders for the G-men, a blessing in disguise.

They'll be ok.

No matter how the fish won, it's still a win for them, and a loss for us. I mean, hell, it's hard to lose, when someone hands you fvcking 21 points. I felt so dejected after this game. I hate that fat ugly penguin lookin Sporano, fvcking prick. Ted Ginn Jr is a bad football player. He sucks. 2 good run backs though. This season is over, plain and simple.

You really have no idea what beating the Jets means to a Dolphins fan.

I would say that Dolphin fans have a pretty low standard of success then. As a fan you should be looking towards winning the Super bowl, not some mediocre franchise.

I like the Dolphins, but yesterday was a "fluke" win. I actually expected more of them than the crappy performance they showed.

and I never got a chance to answer a shot that was thrown at me about Tavares Jackson vs Brett Favre.... the person who I quoted in saying that he didn't know if Brett Favre could run the offense any better then Jackson... PHIL SIMMS... that dude knows something about quarterbacks...

It wasn't just you, a lot of people here believed that nonsense. I've seen enough of Tavaris Jackson to know he's not an NFL starting QB, and a lot of other analysts did agree when they said the Vikings were only a QB away from serious contention. Favre LAST year playing like a turd who didn't want to be with the Titans (I'm calling them that now until they ditch the ridiculous throwbacks and go back to a JET identity) was still better than T-Jack on his best day.

I like Phil but analysts can be wrong too and it's not like Favre didn't know the Viking system like the back of his hand, that's why he wanted to go there (plus having AP, playing in a dome and sticking it to GB in one fell swoop). Unfortunately he's exceeding everyone's expectations including mine - I thought he'd be a caretaker at best - and it's more than likely he wins the MVP now :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

I would say that Dolphin fans have a pretty low standard of success then. As a fan you should be looking towards winning the Super bowl, not some mediocre franchise.

I like the Dolphins, but yesterday was a "fluke" win. I actually expected more of them than the crappy performance they showed.

This from a forum that takes beating the Rangers ANYWHERE as winning the Stanley Cup?? Really??

When you play a team twice out of 16 it means something... and it keeps Miami just as much in the mix as the Jets

And Miami had two massive "fluke" losses.... they're due one more to even it up :P

And Miami had two massive "fluke" losses.... they're due one more to even it up :P

How was New Orleans a 'fluke' loss, just because they had a 24-3 lead? Their defense isn't any good and Sparano had a severe brain-cramp with his second half playcalling (the way he did on the two-point conversion yesterday), that's not a fluke when you're consistently shaky on D. Indy I might agree was a fluke but when you give up 27 points and the other team has the ball less than 15 minutes, again that speaks to bad defense and I have no sympathy for ya.

Handing away two TD's on length of the field kick returns in the same period (no doubt an NFL first) and another on a fumble is more fluky than that - if anything this loss and the Buffalo game where we rushed for 300+ and played good defense in both games was more of the fluke variety than any Fins loss, but whatever, the Titans' arrogance did them in yet again :P

Edited by Hasan4978

...whoa, whoa, whoa. What constitute as a "fluke" loss Scott? If it's considered; *Having a lead (or multiple leads) throughout the game.. *Losing by 5 points or less... *In the final minute of the game... *Which probably could've been won, if not for costly injuries to significant players... yeah, if that's what constitutes as a Fluke lose, yeah the Jets have 3 of those, which (last time I checked) 3 > 2. smiley-confused002.gif

Manta, you're not a Dolphins fan... you don't know the rivalry... I'm just gonna leave it at that. You wouldn't understand.

Hey guys- newsflash: SPECIAL TEAMS IS A PART OF FOOTBALL. Football has THREE phases- not two. The Dolphins offense posted 104 yards of total offense because we were too busy dominating the Jets on special teams, ravaging Greene and returning fumbles for TD's, and then Bess fumbled the fair catch on what would've been another possession. That's 4 possible possessions that our offense never got- so the yardage crap Fat Rex was spewing yesterday holds no water. Listening to Fat Rex and and that ignorant dipsh!t Scott yesterday was so sweet... the bitterness and frustration from the both of them was music to any Dolphin fan's ears.

How was New Orleans a 'fluke' loss, just because they had a 24-3 lead? Their defense isn't any good and Sparano had a severe brain-cramp with his second half playcalling (the way he did on the two-point conversion yesterday), that's not a fluke when you're consistently shaky on D. Indy I might agree was a fluke but when you give up 27 points and the other team has the ball less than 15 minutes, again that speaks to bad defense and I have no sympathy for ya.

When you're up 24-3 at the half you should win the game :P

Ted Ginn's drop that became a pick six, which I still question Sharper ever breaking the plane of the goal line (even Fat Boy Mike stopped talking about the Yankees for ten seconds and mentioned this on Sunday

...whoa, whoa, whoa. What constitute as a "fluke" loss Scott? If it's considered; *Having a lead (or multiple leads) throughout the game.. *Losing by 5 points or less... *In the final minute of the game... *Which probably could've been won, if not for costly injuries to significant players... yeah, if that's what constitutes as a Fluke lose, yeah the Jets have 3 of those, which (last time I checked) 3 > 2. smiley-confused002.gif

"Fluke" can be looked at in one of two ways... a game you had NO business being in, but end up winning (see St Louis over Detroit, and the

funniest safety in NFL history), or a game where something retarded happens to let you win a game you shouldn't (example Tony Romo throwing 5 INTs in Buffalo and still winning the game.... or Brett Favre throwing a dumb luck hail mary to a guy who was delivering pizzas the week before)

and you name me a team in the league that wins games they shouldn't... or loses games they had in the bag... you don't see me weeks after the fact screaming about Romo's choke against the Giants.... because Austin 3:16 evened that out in Kansas City.....

my point was EVERY team has those kinda outings....

"whiners whine about their best.... winners go out and fvck the prom queen!!!"

and the Dolphins bagged two Prom Queens against the Jets this year :evil:

I know I'm supposed be all indignant and kill Bart Scott for being ultra-sarcastic about how good the Dolphins are, but I was too busy laughing because it was so funny.

But after I was done laughing, the bottom line is that the Dolphins scored more points than the Jets. It doesn't matter that Ted Ginn sucks. He didn't suck yesterday.

"Fluke" can be looked at in one of two ways... a game you had NO business being in, but end up winning (see St Louis over Detroit, and the

funniest safety in NFL history), or a game where something retarded happens to let you win a game you shouldn't (example Tony Romo throwing 5 INTs in Buffalo and still winning the game)

It's a pretty big reach saying the New Orleans game against the Dolphins is a fluke Scott, and deep down you know that. You discredit teams that aren't efficient enough to claw back to that degree... but that's not NO. :unsure: The Saints aren't some adequate team that isn't capable of mounting such a comeback... they're the best team in the NFL. They earned evey one of their touchdowns, and saying that it was a fluke is grossly unfair to them. *And as far as their (Maimi) loses to Atlanta & San Diego... how are they flukes? The Chargers & Falcons beat them by 10 points or more, and Miami never had the lead in ANY point of both those games. I'll give you Indy, but in the words of Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are." -and the Miami Dolphins are a sub-satisfactory team, with a losing record.

I know I'm supposed be all indignant and kill Bart Scott for being ultra-sarcastic about how good the Dolphins are, but I was too busy laughing because it was so funny.

...not this game. No way was I angry at all at our defense after this game. Of Miami's 30 points, the 'D allowed only 1 touchdown... how can you blame them for yesterday? Bart Scott's postgame quote had me in tears. For Jets fans unaware of what Scott said, here you go; "They're a great team. I mean an amazing team. They'll probably contend for the Super Bowl. They have a great offense, great running backs, a great quarterback, a great tight end, a great defense, I mean look at them. They are stacked all across the board. They have a tremendous team overall, and they showed it today. They are Super Bowl contenders, and they will probably take it all the way.'' -Bart Scott. smiley-laughing025.gif :P:lol::rofl:smiley-laughing004.gif smiley-laughing008.gif smiley-laughing011.gif smiley-laughing024.gif

"They're a great team. I mean an amazing team. They'll probably contend for the Super Bowl. They have a great offense, great running backs, a great quarterback, a great tight end, a great defense, I mean look at them. They are stacked all across the board. They have a tremendous team overall, and they showed it today. They are Super Bowl contenders, and they will probably take it all the way.''

It was funny to hear Mike Goalik crucify Bart Scott on the radio over this in the AM, basically calling him a giant douche for opening his mouth after getting throttled. To me that comes down to philosophy, but it's my belief that you come off as a jackass if you talk it while losing (and to show some level of impartiality, Joey Porter's mouth is a little too active for my taste as well)

The odd part is that Miami had one of its worst games of the season yesterday (second only to the Atlanta game, in which we never really were into it) and the capitalized on mistakes and outright awful special teams play on the Jets part to win. The Jets forgot about the third phase of football...special teams...and it cost them dearly, because otherwise they might win even with the Shonn Greene fumble (which was a great defensive play all around). I think the game shows we need Crowder back next week to shut down the running game...but then again we're going to need to dial up a pass rush from somewhere next week anyway (vs. NE). Huge game for both teams...Miami beats New England next week and they're talking division title once again, especially with some bad teams left on their schedule: their reamining schedule includes BUF, TB, CAR, TEN, and JAC, as well as HOU, NE x 2 and PIT. While I'm still not optimistic about the playoffs this year, 9-7 is achievable if Miami does what it's supposed to do in the winnable games and wins one of the four other tough games in the second group (preferably against NE). 9-7 & 5-1 division isn't a bad record to build off of as long as we can get a #1 receiver next year.

Can't wait to watch Farve coming back to the Tundra.

nfl_a_favre01_580.jpg

Despite the easy schedule. Despite playing indoors. Despite having Peterson. Despite the mediocre Division. (and Conference for that matter) If Brett Favre can win the Superbowl this season... moveover, just get to the Superbowl, (which would be his third trip their) he will cement his legacy. Dude's got all the records, with one Championship already in the bag.

It's a pretty big reach saying the New Orleans game against the Dolphins is a fluke Scott, and deep down you know that. You discredit teams that aren't efficient enough to claw back to that degree... but that's not NO. :unsure: The Saints aren't some adequate team that isn't capable of mounting such a comeback... they're the best team in the NFL. They earned evey one of their touchdowns, and saying that it was a fluke is grossly unfair to them. *And as far as their (Maimi) loses to Atlanta & San Diego... how are they flukes? The Chargers & Falcons beat them by 10 points or more, and Miami never had the lead in ANY point of both those games. I'll give you Indy, but in the words of Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are." -and the Miami Dolphins are a sub-satisfactory team, with a losing record.

...not this game. No way was I angry at all at our defense after this game. Of Miami's 30 points, the 'D allowed only 1 touchdown... how can you blame them for yesterday? Bart Scott's postgame quote had me in tears. For Jets fans unaware of what Scott said, here you go; "They're a great team. I mean an amazing team. They'll probably contend for the Super Bowl. They have a great offense, great running backs, a great quarterback, a great tight end, a great defense, I mean look at them. They are stacked all across the board. They have a tremendous team overall, and they showed it today. They are Super Bowl contenders, and they will probably take it all the way.'' -Bart Scott. smiley-laughing025.gif :P:lol::rofl:smiley-laughing004.gif smiley-laughing008.gif smiley-laughing011.gif smiley-laughing024.gif

I was laughing at Scott's comments as well, but for a far different reason... The frustration and anger in his voice was absolutely fvcking priceless... The fact that the Jets did everything right on defense and still lost is even funnier. Maybe next time, they'll keep their mouths shut, but I doubt it. They take their cue from that fat dope of a head coach.

Edited by MadDog2020

I was laughing at Scott's comments as well, but for a far different reason... The frustration and anger in his voice was absolutely fvcking priceless... The fact that the Jets did everything right on defense and still lost is even funnier. Maybe next time, they'll keep their mouths shut, but I doubt it. They take their cue from that fat dope of a head coach.

He had every right to be frustrated and and angry, because no fvcking way should we have lost to your piece of sh!t team, on 2 returns, by a piece of sh!t player in Ted Ginn jr.

He had every right to be frustrated and and angry, because no fvcking way should we have lost to your piece of sh!t team, on 2 returns, by a piece of sh!t player in Ted Ginn jr.

Well, you did. And you and your team- who we just whacked twice in the span of 31/2 weeks- can dine on a piece of sh!t while you ponder how it happened.

Well, you did. And you and your team- who we just whacked twice in the span of 31/2 weeks- can dine on a piece of sh!t while you ponder how it happened.

/Cartman voice

I love you guys!!

/end Cartman

resume fighting!!! :lol:

Manta, you're not a Dolphins fan... you don't know the rivalry... I'm just gonna leave it at that. You wouldn't understand.

True, but we do have a pretty intense rivalry with those guys from Pittsburgh, who I HATE to lose to, but I have to respect them if they beat us. I wouldn't gloat if we only beat them by 5 points.

True, but we do have a pretty intense rivalry with those guys from Pittsburgh, who I HATE to lose to, but I have to respect them if they beat us. I wouldn't gloat if we only beat them by 5 points.

If you lived in Pittsburgh you would... Being a Dolphins fan who grew up in North Jersey surrounded by Jet fans- and having to listen to their sh!t whenever the Fins would lose to them- I gloat WHENEVER we beat them.

Edited by MadDog2020