Neutral Zone Trap

Hello folks,

I got a link to this site about a month ago and I've been looking at what goes on in here, and I think it's pretty good.

About me,

My name is Pete, I'm originally from England. I had a pen-pal who was from NJ and I was living in London at the time, I came over to Jersey in 1995, and she took me to a Devils game, I've been hooked ever since.

I moved to Texas in 1999 (married a Texas girl, she's a Stars fan)

Since I've been here The Diablos have won the cup twice, so all is good.

I look forward to corresponding with fellow Devil worshippers.

Welcome aboard there !!!

*not even commenting on Texas... trying to get past it* :rolleyes:

just keep reminding them who won in 2000 :evil:

hopefully we have some puck to talk within the next year.....

*not even commenting on Texas... trying to get past it*

just keep reminding them who won in 2000

hopefully we have some puck to talk within the next year.....

Absolutely!! I wore my Scott Stevens jersey in a bar watching game six, it was brilliant, they took it quite well, Texas folk are pretty friendly. :rolleyes:

Absolutely!! I wore my Scott Stevens jersey in a bar watching game six, it was brilliant, they took it quite well, Texas folk are pretty friendly. :rolleyes:

heh... well some are.. it's just the roomates you gotta look out for :evil:

you should see the Wrestling Fans down there !! :blink:

Welcome, NZT! There are a few of us here in Texas. And I'm a Stars fan, too. (Be nice, now. ) Are you in the Dallas area?

No Not fron Dallas, I live in Austin, however I did watch Stars/ Devils game, It was all good except for the result 0-2 :( That was the game that Langenbrunner got injured in :(

Welcome aboard. I was leery when you signed up with that name, glad to see you will contribute well.

I like the trap, it's more of a controlled game, rather than schoolboy, end to end histrionics. I like a game that is edge-of-your-seat 1-0 or 2-1 instead of a game that is 8-6.

The Neutral zone trap is alive and well :evil:

Welcome!

Whereabouts in Texas?

Well Sammy, I just looked up your profile and I live about 25 miles from you, I'm from the "south" I live in South Austin, I'm on the "right" side of the river :rolleyes:

Ah cool. Ya know, when I first moved down here a few months ago I was told to stay north of the river and west of 35 (except for Round Rock and Pflugerville)...however I have no idea why. :noclue:

QUOTE (Neutral Zone Trap @ Jun 26 2004, 10:08 AM)

Welcome!

Whereabouts in Texas?

Well Sammy, I just looked up your profile and I live about 25 miles from you, I'm from the "south" I live in South Austin, I'm on the "right" side of the river

Ah cool. Ya know, when I first moved down here a few months ago I was told to stay north of the river and west of 35 (except for Round Rock and Pflugerville)...however I have no idea why.

I don't know why you would be told to go north of the river either, but east of 35, well that's a no-brainer, east Austin is a bit rough if you ask me :unsure:

I have friends in Pflugerville and RR, Cedar Park, from what I understand is a nice neighborhood, I don't go up there much though, no reason to.

One thing I'm sure you will agree on though, when it's rush hour the traffic sucks, 35 and Mopac are like parking lots. :noclue:

We have several Texans on this board... many came over when Nieuwendyk was traded here and some stuck around after he left. One thing Stars and Devils fans will always agree on.

I've been to Dallas to watch some games, I watched the Wild play (I have a friend who's from Minnesota) and I saw the Devils play.

I don't mind the Stars, with my wife being a native Texan I have no choice ;) , but seriously, the Stars are ok in my book :rofl:

One thing I'm sure you will agree on though, when it's rush hour the traffic sucks, 35 and Mopac are like parking lots. :noclue:

Being from NJ, the traffic doesn't bother me. Although I am fortunate enough not to need 35 or Mopac to get home from work.

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk

• 1 month later...

After reading some of these posts, I think that it is interesting how some of the people that are new to this forum actually started out as fans of other teams. And that is how I also became a Devils fan. Back in 2001 during the Playoffs against the Avs, I discovered the team. Living in the Midwest football farm belt of Ohio, I never had the chance to watch the Devils much. Until they met my beloved Avs in the Cup finals.

(Please don't hate me for that!) Even though Roy won that year, I watched the other goalie and realized that #30 was something to watch, and I became an instant fan.

Edited by SHEDEVIL30

Lol, trying to bring me over to the "dark side"?