• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

I think TG deserves a freakin award for his work over the past few days.

All the reporters really, they were stuck in the cold most of the time for about a week. But first and foremost, thanks to the mediator who made this a reality, with 'twelve' hours of back-and-forth Friday followed by sticking with the sides when they actually were convening yesterday/this morning.

There's no chance you get 'any' game by the 12th.

It is too bad they couldn't get this settled in time to have kids from college going to games over winter break, such is the process of stonewalling negotiating an eight-ten year CBA.

I know. The Devils sold out like 7 of 8 games during the college break last year. Further proof that we have a younger fan base just starting to buy tickets on their own

• Like 1

They have to play 'at least' one game in Florida and Tampa. Odds are the schedule's either going to be 7/2 (seven division games, two games against other conference teams) if its' a 48-game season or maybe 5/3 in a 50-game season (five division games, three conference games).

Probably no preseason games although the players wanted it at one point I don't think either side wants it badly enough to have them.

I knew this would happen. She left, and now she's back. And I'm so happy to see her back that all is completely forgiven and forgotten. I'm a total sucker, but I don't care. I've got my hockey back.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

• Like 1

Well, with any luck we'll play in Florida once or twice. I'd rather it be 45 minutes away in Sunrise, but if they don't play there I'll make the 4 hour drive to Tampa.

And if they don't play in either, I'll cry and kick things.

That last sentence made me legit lol.. I'm sure they'll play in Sunrise this year and I bet it'll be a big game to their fans so it should be fun to go to

That last sentence made me legit lol.. I'm sure they'll play in Sunrise this year and I bet it'll be a big game to their fans so it should be fun to go to

I just can't wait to see what inconvenient day they schedule the Devils game(s) in Raleigh so I will be unable to see the Devils in Carolina for the third year in a row.

We were just two wins away from being Stanley Cup champions and you are asking if we have a competitive team this year?

It's not an unfair question, considering we were the #6 seed last year, lost Parise/Poni to FA and Henrique to injury for at least 10-15% of the season. Not to mention two goalies that haven't played in several months. Having eight healthy D means we 'can' make a move to upgrade our forward core but we'll see what, if any gets done there.

It's not an unfair question, considering we were the #6 seed last year, lost Parise/Poni to FA and Henrique to injury for at least 10-15% of the season. Not to mention two goalies that haven't played in several months. Having eight healthy D means we 'can' make a move to upgrade our forward core but we'll see what, if any gets done there.

You don't have to finish at the top of your conference to be a competitive team, every year there is at least one team that pulls off upsets and goes deep into the playoffs, what place you finish in doesn't really mean much at all. Also every team is going to have injuries, and every team is dealing with guys coming back from not having played in a while. I'm not saying we will definitely have another deep playoff run, but I have no concerns about the team failing to be competitive, I think that's a little over the top.

Wow more great news - according to Larry Brooks, Mark (N)Єverson retired!

Well I guess now that the Devils are apparently financially stable he has nothing to write about. Either that or he used up all his 1994 references during the Conference Finals last season.

My real concern is a good Rangers team that hasn't had the **** beat out of them for a few months.. I truly think that Torts style impedes their ability to be fresh for a Finals but who knows now that they've had a good amount of time off.. Hopefully he has them eating pucks again soon

Well I guess now that the Devils are apparently financially stable he has nothing to write about. Either that or he used up all his 1994 references during the Conference Finals last season.

Win

I could be wrong but I think USA winning that gold is going to help the NHL bring back fans. I know a lot of people I know we're getting very into the run both die hards and casual fans. It definitely got people back into hockey.

And I think it's great for USA Hockey player development as well.. Screw the Canadian elitists, I hope we take gold at the Olympics

This is a skewed version of how NJ's season went - they get back Zajac, Josefson, Zidlicky, and Tallinder - all players who played half or less of last season. It's up to Brodeur and Hedberg to be .910 goalies for the Devils to have a shot at the playoffs.

This is a skewed version of how NJ's season went - they get back Zajac, Josefson, Zidlicky, and Tallinder - all players who played half or less of last season. It's up to Brodeur and Hedberg to be .910 goalies for the Devils to have a shot at the playoffs.

I guess I'm just being influenced by all the experts talking about us being doomed without Parise.

I could be wrong but I think USA winning that gold is going to help the NHL bring back fans. I know a lot of people I know we're getting very into the run both die hards and casual fans. It definitely got people back into hockey.

I think it only helped the die-hards get into it, the ones who have the NHL Network (or TSN) and got up at 4 in the morning to watch most of the games aren't casual fans and this really had zero coverage in the US. Thankfully the gold-medal game was at 8 AM on a Saturday morning but still I really don't think the WJC mattered to casual fans. Maybe it helped the die-hards get back into it, remember why they love the game to start with.

Seeing the impact players from 'non-traditional' markets have made on the juniors team makes me hope the damage from the lockout doesn't last too long though.

plus we lost Robinson and i wouldnt underestimate what he was bringing to the players

Yeah but you also have to figure some guys are not going to stay healthy the whole season this year either, especially with the condensed schedule. Any injury to a scoring forward will be even more disasterous.

plus we lost Robinson and i wouldnt underestimate what he was bringing to the players

Well more to the point the 'whole' staff has turned over too. I think they'll be fine but it's not ideal to have a whole new group of assistants in a short season. It took a while last year for the team to get on the same page.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.