The Save that Saved New Jersey

skullsmasher

This is kinda pointless...

So let me see the premise.... you are playing in the Stanley Cup playoffs, you decide to seek an alternate reality by saying your world-class goalie doesn't make a save that he makes 90% of the time and here's what happens?

Why pick this goal?... Marty saved the game for us a dozen times with "big" saves... in fact so did every other goalie for a team that one a playoff series.... this is silly

To slightly change the subject, to me the 2 most memorable moments were the sequence of saves Marty made in OT vs Fla just before the OT winner in FLA and his 3rd period vs Rags, game 6. Everyone seemed tired except our 40 year old goaltender who clearly outplayed the Queen.

The point is to show how important it was for us to make a deep run this post season. It shows how awful our lives would have been had we lost round 1. Also, rather than being upset with losing in the finals, we can celebrate how great our run was after looking and realizing what would have happened if we lost in round 1. The rangers could have won the cup, and our team could have fallen apart. Losing in round 1 that many times in a row would have been catastrophic, and our team could have very well been moved as an indirect result.

Although we lost parise, making a run like that should entice players to stay here, and hopefully attract outsiders as well. the point was to demonstrate that, with some comic relief along the way. Mission failed, evidently.

The point is to show how important it was for us to make a deep run this post season. It shows how awful our lives would have been had we lost round 1. Also, rather than being upset with losing in the finals, we can celebrate how great our run was after looking and realizing what would have happened if we lost in round 1. The rangers could have won the cup, and our team could have fallen apart. Losing in round 1 that many times in a row would have been catastrophic, and our team could have very well been moved as an indirect result.

Although we lost parise, making a run like that should entice players to stay here, and hopefully attract outsiders as well. the point was to demonstrate that, with some comic relief along the way. Mission failed, evidently.

Skullsmasher, while I can't say I care for the article you wrote, you don't deserve the current and future beating you're getting. It is fiction, just not to my taste. That said, I think that the timing, shortly after getting fairly reamed by the Kings and immediately after losing our captain after he virtually assured fans he would stay, almost assured that whatever tolerance you'd have gotten would go out the window. People who are upset will vent and you, unfortunately, made yourself and unwarranted target with this piece. I'm just trying to put things into perspective for everyone.

Edited by AEWHistory

Up until losing to the Islanders I thought it was pretty funny actually "several Panthers fans were murdered after the game" and "Henrik Lundqvist made the best saves ever by a goalie" cracked me up. Had I read this after losing to the Panthers in the first round then I'm sure I wouldn't have taken it so lightly

i found it hard to get passed the Rangers winning the cup. they were too beat up to beat the Kings. Also i doubt Parise would have went to the Penguins, he had this Minnisota thing in his head for a while. I remember all his interviews last season after the game and you could tell he had no intentions of coming back. The rest of the article was depressing but readable. I felt the whole doom and gloom thing was over the top but if the Devils did loose the first round, that would have really sucked. Now at least the season feels like a success that fell a little short.

Let me explain the backlash Skullsmasher: we didn't need this right now - there should have at least been a warning of negativity. bad timing. Right after losing the Cup and losing our captain who wants to then read an article about losing our team and everyone crashing and burning! That was some of the worst timing ever.