GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

I wouldn't compare the Rangers to the Bruins. The Rangers are in the same pack as the rest of the teams. I think it's obvious how similar they are to recent Devils teams, who focused on minimizing mistakes and capitalizing on opportunities. They are a solid team, but very beatable.

I think the Devils need another physical defenseman who can chip in offensivelly, plus a 4th line which can contribute. I hate ference on the Bruins, but that guy would make this team better.

I liked Mills, Jansen and zalewski today. It would be great if they could play like that all the time, except add a few pts here and there.

Absolutely 100% agreed.

Like "third man" talked about above, Janssen played a spectacular game for Cam Janssen. He sure did surprise me tonight, and went a long way towards convincing me that he actually deserves the part time spot that he has on the roster. I'm really glad to have seen Mills play as well as he did, also. He admitted that he became tentative earlier in the season, so sending him down wasn't a mistake, but he's a decent fourth liner and he seems to have amde the best of his time in Albany and gotten his act together.

Absolutely 100% agreed.

Like "third man" talked about above, Janssen played a spectacular game for Cam Janssen. He sure did surprise me tonight, and went a long way towards convincing me that he actually deserves the part time spot that he has on the roster. I'm really glad to have seen Mills play as well as he did, also. He admitted that he became tentative earlier in the season, so sending him down wasn't a mistake, but he's a decent fourth liner and he seems to have amde the best of his time in Albany and gotten his act together.

as much as i and everyone try not to "agreed" post i have to third this...mills...impressed to say the least as well as zelewski...almost called him zewlinski hah and cam well i see what Debo is doing there.

... that's unfortunate for us because we'd go up against either BOS or NYR and they both have our number.

Boston, yea. NY, not so much.

i want us to finish 6th... then we'd play possibly the worst team in the top 8... either Florida or Washington who'd be 3rd just because they are on top of the worst division in the east. We can easily beat those 2 teams in playoffs

I do too, and I think that we have a real shot at it. If the Dev's beat Philly I think that we're in a real good position to get this draw.

Although, I wouldn't call Florida or Washington "easy", they're definitely a more even match up for the Dev's than Boston will be.

For the praise Janssen is getting, it had to be balanced out by the fact he was on the wrong side of the ice on the Bruins first goal. One reason Ference had a million years to shoot was Janssen not being there.

We are talking about Janssen here. The fact that this is the worst criticism available, and from a hard fought game, speaks volumes.

It's obvious that the Bruins are a step above. But besides goaltending what do the Rags and Sens have that we don't have?

Rags have a better goaltender and Sens have a better PMD... thats about it

Put Lundqvist and Karlsson on our roster for this season and were MILES ahead of those 2 teams

Thomas made some great saves, but I thought early on he let some juicy rebounds that either Devils missed (Carter), or just weren't in the right spot to get to. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the effort. They played a good game say for 5-6 minutes.

Watching the Bruins, I forgot how nice it was to have a big shutdown defenseman. Chara is just so big with such a long stick. Did a good job tonight. That being said, the top line still had some good chances.

yeah seriously if brodeur would have at least deflected the rebounds on the outside we could have won this game.

not saying its his fault but we lost on a brain fart from Janssen, then on 2 bad rebounds... if those rebounds would have went somewhere else it would have been a different game but of course they went to a Bruins sticks... what can you do

This team is just not good enough. I don't know if Lou has any ideas. The 1st and 2nd lines are great and the third line is decent, but until we address the 4th line, get a good PMD or shut down D Man and get a decent goaltender we're not going to do much this season or in the playoffs.

outside of the top 7 scorers, no one on our team has 5...

yeah well thats the thing, we're clearly missing production from our dmen and from our 4th line... getting Josefson and Zajac back should help... if they would have played all season i'd expect zajac to have 10 goals and josefson at least 5...

but wtv... whats important is that those guys CAN score and we should have them if we make the playoffs. Playoffs are a new season so wtv you have done during the season is gone and doesnt count anymore so as long we have all those "capable" players we could be solid (if our goalies can stop pucks and if we could be healthy on the D, getting a good rental dman wouldnt hurt also)

Anyway, I don't see this game as a cause for concern. The 3rd goal is the only one that really annoys me, although it was scored with Foster on the ice so we all know how that goes. Thomas was excellent, Brodeur wasn't (he was decent, but not great), and so it goes.

How Tralfamadorian of you.

Anyway, this game struck me as an underdog doing a pretty good job of keeping up with a better team with the exception of a couple minutes in the third. All in all, the Devils played a pretty solid, tight game against an excellent opponent.

The only issue I really have with this game was DeBo NOT calling a timeout after the second Boston goal. It was so obvious that the team was reeling, and after our last game with the Bs where they basically ran a train on us, I don't know how you DON'T pull your guys aside and try to regroup them. That third goal coming 35 seconds later was as unsurprising of a goal against as I've ever seen.

It's actually really sh!tty that we played as well as we did last night and didn't even get a point. That's the second game where the Devils played their hearts out against Boston and received nothing in reward. (Lost 4-3 first game) Pretty fvcking sad to say the least.

It's games like this that prove this team can ill afford to lose to bottom dwelling teams such as Carolina and the Islanders. I'm sure it will happen again though. After last night the team definitely is what it is and they won't be turning any corners this year. They've had all the chances in the world to do so and haven't capitalized once.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3