GDT: Devils @ Phailures 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

I sort of like Mike Brown -- he's not annoying to me nor is he a broken record really -- just kind of positive.

he never got on my nerves (though I could understand why he would to some), a lot of people come here and post incessantly when they first start. At least he's not giving HOT TAKES all the time or something annoying like that

Its pretty simple, if you don't want to read someones post just use the ignore feature.

The ignore feature on this site is useless. When someone on ignore posts in a thread, the option if you want to see it is there (which gives someone temptation to look and reply) and you can still see the ignored member's content in someone else's reply to them. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

I have been posting less.  

There's no reason to take unnecessary jabs like you did as it only adds to the problem and instigates that person.

Here is where you need to take a step back.  Learn to use multi-quote and you will have the same info all in one post.  You just posted 2 in a row. That isn't good netiquette.  I think you get yourself in trouble because you come across like a post whore. Think about this.  I am done. :)

/end tj

The ignore feature on this site is useless. When someone on ignore posts in a thread, the option if you want to see it is there (which gives someone temptation to look and reply, which takes away the "out of sight, out of mind" concept) and you can still see the ignored member's content in someone else's reply to them. 

It is not useless.  You just don't click, it's quite simple.  But I could see how some people just give in to temptations.

Did the refs miss a serious board on Carter or am I being biased? It sure seemed like the refs blew that one

I think that's called boarding more often than not - looked like they just missed what happened, period.

Did the refs miss a serious board on Carter or am I being biased? It sure seemed like the refs blew that one

Err, I don't think so. Basically, Carter appeared to go into the boards in just e right place to have his teeth knocked out. We wouldn't be talking about it, but for that, which leads me to conclude that it was a good no call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is where you need to take a step back.  Learn to use multi-quote and you will have the same info all in one post.  You just posted 2 in a row. That isn't good netiquette.  I think you get yourself in trouble because you come across like a post whore. Think about this.  I am done. :)

/end tj

Yea what happened was I missed the first post of his, so I replied to his second post first.  So I had to go back to respond to his first post last, if that makes any sense.

Err, I don't think so. Basically, Carter appeared to go into the boards in just e right place to have his teeth knocked out. We wouldn't be talking about it, but for that, which leads me to conclude that it was a good no call.

He didn't fall into the boards, nor did he slip - he was pushed.  From behind.  That's a penalty.  I don't care about the tooth loss, I thought it was a penalty as it happened, because it is usually called a penalty. 

He didn't fall into the boards, nor did he slip - he was pushed. From behind. That's a penalty. I don't care about the tooth loss, I thought it was a penalty as it happened, because it is usually called a penalty.

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, he was upright when he went into the boards. Whatever the letter of the rule, that almost never gets called, and we wouldn't be talking about it if his teeth didn't get knocked out.

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, he was upright when he went into the boards. Whatever the letter of the rule, that almost never gets called, and we wouldn't be talking about it if his teeth didn't get knocked out.

Carter wasn't that upright, I believe he said his mouth hit the corner of the boards.

I have been posting less.  

There's no reason to take unnecessary jabs like you did as it only adds to the problem and instigates that person.

Youll quickly learn that CR likes to finish his posts with a random jab towards you that had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion, he just cant help it, once he has a problem with you he'll bring it up any chance he get. So brace yourself for a lot of "post whore" comments from him

Youll quickly learn that CR likes to finish his posts with a random jab towards you that had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion, he just cant help it, once he has a problem with you he'll bring it up any chance he get. So brace yourself for a lot of "post whore" comments from him

Give it a rest, this has been going on for what a year? How is this relevant

If you drive someone's head into the boards it gets called quite often, and that is what happened there.

Even if you did have this opinion, there was no need to share it.  Remember when somebody said that posting your opinion as fact is a no-no?  Well you just did.

The bold is just another unnecessary overreaction by you.  If you wanna talk about off-base, that is it.

I say if you are enjoying posting and you like increasing your post count, then keep doing it, it is no skin off my back and I am happy that people on this site are so active.

I do understand where CR1976 is coming from, he is an experienced poster who I give the benefit of the doubt is annoyed with a lot of the post quality lately, and I think he had a lapse in judgement here out of frustration. I don't mean to speak for him though.

I sort of like Mike Brown -- he's not annoying to me nor is he a broken record really -- just kind of positive.

+1 

More than anything, this type of post is unnecessary and is designed as a 'jab' towards CR. It helps nothing. A couple years ago I pushed for Sterio to win a board award or two and I have to say since then, he has become disappointingly argumentative and his post quality has dropped significantly.  
Edited by Neb00rs

I say if you are enjoying posting and you like increasing your post count, then keep doing it, it is no skin off my back and I am happy that people on this site are so active.

I do understand where CR1976 is coming from, he is an experienced poster who I give the benefit of the doubt is annoyed with a lot of the post quality lately, and I think he had a lapse in judgement here out of frustration. I don't mean to speak for him though.

+1 

More than anything, this type of post is unnecessary and is designed as a 'jab' towards CR. It helps nothing. A couple years ago I pushed for Sterio to win a board award or two and I have to say since then, he has become disappointingly argumentative and his post quality has dropped significantly.  

Actually, overall I think the post quality around here is quite good...I really do.  It's a pretty good mix and cross-section of the Devil fanbase.  You have your optimists, your pessimists, your chronic complainers, your nostalgists and historians, both older and younger fans, guys who go more by their eyes and guys who bring advanced metrics and other less-commonly known ways of measuring player performance to the masses.  I've been to HF and one other Devils site (I forget the name, which tells you all you need to know about it), and neither one held my interest for very long...as a matter of fact, this board is the only one I've remained on for anywhere near this long, which really says it all.

There's definitely guys I wish would come back, like DevilinLA and DIG.  Their losses are definitely felt.  But overall this is still an excellent site.  And when you spend a fair amount of time on a site such as this, chances are there's going to be a personality or two that you're going to butt heads with more than you'd like, but fortunately for me there really haven't been too many.  Most of my more spirited debates have been hockey-related, not personality clashes.   

Well of course it's designed for that, i told him many many times to just put me on his ignore list or to stop bringing back those random jabs all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with the discussion. He hasnt stopped so yeah, i'll simply do what he does until he really stops. lol sorry if it's bothering you honestly. The day he'll stop it will all stop.

Edited by SterioDesign

From TSN - KERRY FRASER on the disallowed goal

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=446011

Interesting that he calls out the Toronto Review Room, and he's absolutely right. That accomplished nothing but almost start a riot at Wells Fargo Center and for no good reason because they couldn't have overturned the call anyway (nor should they have, considering it was a good call).

Interesting that he calls out the Toronto Review Room, and he's absolutely right. That accomplished nothing but almost start a riot at Wells Fargo Center and for no good reason because they couldn't have overturned the call anyway (nor should they have, considering it was a good call).

yeah I'm assuming all reviews are initiated by Toronto- they call down to the ice rather than the ref deciding a review is needed (correct?). I think Toronto just wanted to check to see what the ref's exact call was because he didn't make it clear on the initial announcement. I think the nhl could use more standardized language when refs announce to the crowd. "Not a good hockey goal" isn't exactly descriptive or informative on what the call was. The nfl by and large does a very good job of this after it's reviews.

Actually, overall I think the post quality around here is quite good...I really do.  It's a pretty good mix and cross-section of the Devil fanbase.  You have your optimists, your pessimists, your chronic complainers, your nostalgists and historians, both older and younger fans, guys who go more by their eyes and guys who bring advanced metrics and other less-commonly known ways of measuring player performance to the masses.  I've been to HF and one other Devils site (I forget the name, which tells you all you need to know about it), and neither one held my interest for very long...as a matter of fact, this board is the only one I've remained on for anywhere near this long, which really says it all.

There's definitely guys I wish would come back, like DevilinLA and DIG.  Their losses are definitely felt.  But overall this is still an excellent site.  And when you spend a fair amount of time on a site such as this, chances are there's going to be a personality or two that you're going to butt heads with more than you'd like, but fortunately for me there really haven't been too many.  Most of my more spirited debates have been hockey-related, not personality clashes.   

Yea, I am pretty much with you here. I don't like the people who simply complain about post quality like when the site was smaller somehow everyone was so much better. What I mean is that we have had constant negativity from a few people on this board for about a year now (aka the same people fighting over and over again). We have a great range of posters on the site.

Well of course it's designed for that, i told him many many times to just put me on his ignore list or to stop bringing back those random jabs all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with the discussion. He hasnt stopped so yeah, i'll simply do what he does until he really stops. lol sorry if it's bothering you honestly. The day he'll stop it will all stop.

Sorry, but one thing about CR is that I have never seem him take an unnecessary shot at anyone. Maybe he did towards you, I missed when this all started. However, going by what I have seen, it has been you who always jumps in and turns things sour. CR didn't even make a big deal over Mike Brown. Your post was solely meant to needle CR. I think you should cut the immaturity and revert back to the poster we all (sorry if someone disagrees) know you can be. 

Edited by Neb00rs