Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

this is cool too

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#22 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I listen to dubstep to lift, and I've been to a few concerts (raves)... I've seen Bassnectar, Avicii, BareNoize, Deadmau5, Skrillex, etc... but that post made me LOL hard

I was afraid I would offend you guys, good to know you can take it light-heartedly haha.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#23 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Fixed it for you. ;)

Hey, hey hey!! I just come from here!!!

We also gave the world Kate Moss....... Ok so 0 for 2........ i will find something we have done for the world that people actually like!!

There are very few songs i actually like, the majority i have picked up and decided i liked when i have been smashed in a club.

I really do like Doctor P though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAba9Mjoinw

this is cool too

Haha amazing, i always take the piss out of my mate that you can basically make Dubstep using a load of womp sounds and then make up a little tune. But that is on another level , i need to learn that!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#24 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

I love dubstep but its a genre of music that has grown and changed so rapidly over the past half decade that its not really fair to judge it by a lot of the newer stuff out there today which is what Americans have been exposed to. I like the old and new stuff equally but it would be like trying to compare alt rock in the 90's to alt rock in 00's. There awesome in their own ways. If you want some older dubstep then I highly recommend checking out Skream's debut album from 2006 called Skream!

2 of my favorites off of that are:
Midnight Request Line

Dutch Flowerz

Its definitely not for everyone but as a musician who splits time equally between writing alt rock songs and electronic music (minimalism/dubstep/triphop) I really enjoy it.

Nice post. The deeper stuff is definitely my favorite and I think it is a lot easier to listen to then the heavy, noisy stuff that is pumped out now. But like all niche genres, it is a tough nut to crack.

Here is one of my favorite deeper tracks. Sub woofers and patience are a must. But it is a very rewarding listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTjV7Pr7BrM
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#25 titleofusername98

titleofusername98

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

My gawd I hate dubstep! As a musician, I just think it's the worst thing to happen to music since Nickelback.
Posted Image

#26 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

My gawd I hate dubstep! As a musician, I just think it's the worst thing to happen to music since Nickelback.

Why?
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users