Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1501 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

To the guys who bashed my car window in on Friday night you didn't ruin my weekend after all!!!!!!!

Let's Go Devils!!!

#1502 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thank the lord! This is phenomenal. Now make Center Ice free for the year as part of your apology, NHL.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#1503 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank the lord! This is phenomenal. Now make Center Ice free for the year as part of your apology, NHL.

I dont think they can or something like that I read

Psyched to see a GDT in less then 1 1/2 weeks!!!

#1504 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

@TGfireandice: RT @TSN1290Radio: .@GaryLawless confirms that in a 48 game schedule the Jets would host the New Jersey Devils at 1pm on Jan 19.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1505 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Gotta admit that it's still going to take me awhile to get excited about this. I'll still be trying to sell the majority of my tickets for this season.

#1506 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Gotta admit that it's still going to take me awhile to get excited about this. I'll still be trying to sell the majority of my tickets for this season.

As it should....the NHL has become a VERY abusive relationship....they just got drunk and beat you again, and now that you're out of the hospital they come back with some cheap flowers and an I'm sorry luck..... frak that....I ain't spending a damned DIME on them this year......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#1507 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

As it should....the NHL has become a VERY abusive relationship....they just got drunk and beat you again, and now that you're out of the hospital they come back with some cheap flowers and an I'm sorry luck..... frak that....I ain't spending a damned DIME on them this year......

That's your prerogative, but I still don't get the reference (and I see it way, way too much). They're not abusing us, we will always find other things to do with our time and money if they're not around. They may annoy us to no end by not being around, but in the end they're only really hurting themselves - and the people who work for them, businesses around the arenas, networks/sponsors, etc. Those are the only ones 'truly' at the mercy of the NHL/NHLPA.

Either way I'm just glad this labor talk is done. I'm tired of debating things I really know little about...but with this lockout if you haven't gotten at least two things wrong then you were smarter than anyone else by not predicting anything to begin with :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1508 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

My main issue is I won't even know if I can go to the games I already paid for until they release this schedule which is either hopefully today or tomorrow.

#1509 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, but at least they'll be "clean" for 8 years lolz

#1510 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

My main issue is I won't even know if I can go to the games I already paid for until they release this schedule which is either hopefully today or tomorrow.

And that's definitely fair although you would think 'most' of the home dates they'd previously booked will still be in this schedule. Especially since the Devils already had 22 home games set for January 31-end of the 82-game season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1511 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

And that's definitely fair although you would think 'most' of the home dates they'd previously booked will still be in this schedule. Especially since the Devils already had 22 home games set for January 31-end of the 82-game season.

I believe I read a couple days ago that that's what they're going to do. The matchups might be different on the given nights but basically if the arena was supposed to be used for hockey that night, it will be.

Hockey!

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1512 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Very simply put, if you let them torture you and run back like sheep the minute they decide to come back, you're justifying what they do (and yes I am aware in the grand scheme my money is irrelevant, but it's the only voice I got), and it's the only legit form of protest you got....walking out of a game is cute, but you already paid them so they won't care, I will probably still get CI (unless they have the balls to charge the full price for it), but you either speak with your wallet, or get the same again in eight years :P

I understand if they kept your STH money hostage that's different.....but aside of that there's no reason to spend a damn dime on this league this year.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#1513 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I hope you're right. Did anyone see anywhere when they are going to announce the schedule?

#1514 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Very simply put, if you let them torture you and run back like sheep the minute they decide to come back, you're justifying what they do (and yes I am aware in the grand scheme my money is irrelevant, but it's the only voice I got), and it's the only legit form of protest you got....walking out of a game is cute, but you already paid them so they won't care, I will probably still get CI (unless they have the balls to charge the full price for it), but you either speak with your wallet, or get the same again in eight years :P

I understand if they kept your STH money hostage that's different.....but aside of that there's no reason to spend a damn dime on this league this year.....

Sorry Crash, but I think 90 percent of the NJDevs community feels differently. Anyone who spends time on a hockey forum is clearly hooked

#1515 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I hope you're right. Did anyone see anywhere when they are going to announce the schedule?

I would think soon. They supposedly already had one made up for 48 games.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1516 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Sorry Crash, but I think 90 percent of the NJDevs community feels differently. Anyone who spends time on a hockey forum is clearly hooked

Then don't complain in eight years when they lock out AGAIN :P
And you can be hooked on hockey and still not the NHL's bitch......there's PLENTY of hockey out there aside of those asshats.....

#1517 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

The NBA offered its 'all the games' package for free last year and I expect the NHL to do the same.

As I see it, they're going to do it in ten years regardless of what you do now, so if you enjoy hockey, enjoy it - if you're disgusted by the process enough that you can't watch a game without thinking of what happened, feel free to not watch/not pay for it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1518 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

That's the thing...'many' diehards are STH's to begin with. Plus protesting isn't as simple as 'only' deciding to go or not to go. You can go, and not spend money on concessions/buy any new merchandise like jerseys, shirts, NHL13, etc. You can find free, crappy, illegal streams on the Internet instead of paying for Center Ice. It can even be something as small as me buying a Mets calendar yesterday instead of waiting for the lockout to end and getting a Devils one. And STH's can sell more games/go to fewer for a while. You can protest and still support a product you like at the same time.

Plus let's be honest, how many people really watch every minute of all 82 games? If you do that then fine, you have a right to feel violated when they're not around but it's a little hypocritical of me to be up in arms over them missing 32-34 games when it's not like I block out my whole life to watch every minute of every regular season game in January to begin with. I go to about 2/3 of the home games, I probably do watch most of them other than the West Coast games and a few other assorted ones.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 January 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#1519 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Then don't complain in eight years when they lock out AGAIN :P
And you can be hooked on hockey and still not the NHL's bitch......there's PLENTY of hockey out there aside of those asshats.....

Haha I know. I've been following the Ahl and Jr leagues more. It's just nice to have the best of the best

#1520 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

The NBA offered its 'all the games' package for free last year and I expect the NHL to do the same.

As I see it, they're going to do it in ten years regardless of what you do now, so if you enjoy hockey, enjoy it - if you're disgusted by the process enough that you can't watch a game without thinking of what happened, feel free to not watch/not pay for it.

I thought LeBrun said already they couldn't, something to do with local broadcast rights?

They better at least discount the darn thing and offer it (Gamecenter) on computers for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users