38 replies to this topic

#21 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

This will be the first year I won't have a hockey news subscription. I've found it to get worse every year and I have no interest in reading it at all anymore.

Agreed. Definitely not renewing my subscription.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#22 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

When the fvck if the hockey media going to realize that we're the fvcking Devils, and we don't miss the playoffs? I guess never.

damn straight! :gd:
"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#23 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Where are the rest of the teams :noclue:
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#24 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Agreed. Definitely not renewing my subscription.

Dumped it a few years ago after getting my free Devs keychain with the subscription :P
It's the whiskey talking.

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

As they said on Puck Daddy before the Florida series began...

"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies."
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

As they said on Puck Daddy before the Florida series began...

"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies."

Well, they'll crash and burn eventually...every team does at some point. I just hope these guys then don't act like they saw it coming all along...many experts have been predicting the Devils' demise for years. With the exception of last season, clearly the Devils haven't done much come playoff time since 2003, but more than once I've seen the Devils predicted to flat-out miss the playoffs altogether. I wish I could see various columnists' and observers' prediction since 2005, just to see how accurate they were.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Well, they'll crash and burn eventually...every team does at some point. I just hope these guys then don't act like they saw it coming all along...many experts have been predicting the Devils' demise for years. With the exception of last season, clearly the Devils haven't done much come playoff time since 2003, but more than once I've seen the Devils predicted to flat-out miss the playoffs altogether. I wish I could see various columnists' and observers' prediction since 2005, just to see how accurate they were.

Yeah, it'll come crashing down at some point, and it'll be messy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the entire hockey expert community will dance in the streets on this day. They were beside themselves with joy in the beginning of 2010-11, and even the beginning of last year when the big guns started slow and Marty got hurt.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I do remember reading a copy of THN at Borders back a few weeks before the start of the 2002-03 season. If I remember right they predicted us to barely make the playoffs and bow out early on.

Again this is from what I remember so I could be wrong.

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Yeah, it'll come crashing down at some point, and it'll be messy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the entire hockey expert community will dance in the streets on this day. They were beside themselves with joy in the beginning of 2010-11, and even the beginning of last year when the big guns started slow and Marty got hurt.

I never really got why the hockey experts despise the Devils so much. Outside the whole "they made hockey boring with the trap," BS, what is getting them all riled up about the Devils? We never really had a player that was hated by the rest of the league outside of possibly Lemieux and the Devils at least present themselves pretty well to the public.

#30 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

It would give us all a great laugh to see how many professional hockey writers were completely wrong year after year. I mean, our defense is 'perilously thin'?? How can it be thin when we have too many NHL-defensemen? I feel like the writers just try to sound clever. I doubt they even know what the word peril means? It really is a damn joke.

#31 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

hahaha I love this stuff..

We've been underestimated by hockey fans and international media for decades. I'm starting to believe in all the good karma that has come from that stigma (and vice versa for the Rangers). Let them talk us down, the players on our team have never given a sh!t what the media says.

#32 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I never really got why the hockey experts despise the Devils so much. Outside the whole "they made hockey boring with the trap," BS, what is getting them all riled up about the Devils? We never really had a player that was hated by the rest of the league outside of possibly Lemieux and the Devils at least present themselves pretty well to the public.

Because the Devils, a relatively smaller, relatively untraditional market in NJ has had more overall success in the last 15 years than most, if not all, Canadian teams combined in that same time frame.

How about them Leafs?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#33 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Because the Devils, a relatively smaller, relatively untraditional market in NJ has had more overall success in the last 15 years than most, if not all, Canadian teams combined in that same time frame.

How about them Leafs?

I know there is the whole Rodney Dangerfield thing going on, but the level that the writers talk about the Devils is beyond anything else I can compare to any other team in any other North American professional league.

#34 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wild top 5 in the West

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wild top 5 in the West

With Parise scoring 80 goals next year that is a possibility.

#36 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Wild top 5 in the West

Lol what a joke, so many better teams come to mind.

Kings
Canucks
Blues
Predators
Red Wings
Coyotes
Sharks

Then you have the teams left fighting for that 7th/8th spot.

Stars
Avalanche
Ducks
Wild
Flames

And of course

Oilers
Columbus

Edited by Zubie#8, 20 August 2012 - 02:43 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#37 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wow, just received my THN yearbook by the mail. 11th.. wow.. Oh well, they predicted us 11th last year too and we went to the freakin' stanley cup final.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#38 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

How about them Leafs?

We're also in between a bunch of darlings like Philly, Pitt and NYR.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#39 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

In fromt of me I have the top 50 players in the NHL from THN. Here are some noticables.

Parise is number 7 (?) ,in front of datsyuk, toews , karlsson, ovechkin etc. etc.

Kovy is number 16, and Marty is 50.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users