All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

Sharks are already deadline winners for the Murray and absurd Handzus deals. I can't wait to see what Clowe returns. I'm glad GMs haven't figured out a playoff team dumping assets means the players pretty much stink.

When I was bored, waiting at MEPS this morning, I read they want Courturier [sp?] for Clowe if they trade with the Flyers.

That'd be an insane return for them. Props to their GM if he pulls it off.

I mean, getting something for Handzus is nice, but let's not go overboard - a 4th round pick still sucks.  So does Handzus, but this isn't pulling out a 2nd and a 3rd for a would-be healthy scratch.

I meant this move paired with the 2-seconds for Murray.

Handzus in CHI makes them worse. Sharks didn't have a 4th also. This trade really makes me happy cause it means there's now a 100% chance I wont see him in SJ in the playoffs. Even if there's an injury or he has a good game or two he's not going in. What a sense of relief.

As to Clowe's return, GM Doug Wilson has gotten > value for Murray and Handzus. Can't wait to see what he gets for a guy in rumored bidding war that's exactly the type of player dumb GMs overrate.

Hartnell traded to the Blues?

@28CGiroux: @Hartsy19 good luck in St Louis. You’re a great teammate and friend. Just make sure you keep your head up next year.

Or Giroux just pulled an April Fool's on everyone...
Edited by jagknife

That's an April Fool's joke, clearly

as for Handzus, not sure he will play regularly.  GMs get squirrely around this time of year.  

jagknife:  I know, but he did not get 2 2nds for Murray.  He got a 2nd and a conditional 2nd, which if the conditions aren't met becomes a 3rd.

That's an April Fool's joke, clearly

as for Handzus, not sure he will play regularly.  GMs get squirrely around this time of year.  

jagknife:  I know, but he did not get 2 2nds for Murray.  He got a 2nd and a conditional 2nd, which if the conditions aren't met becomes a 3rd.

Yeah I'm an idiot. Re: Giroux & Hartnell

And fair point, I just know a few Sharks fans who are thrilled about their returns so far.

Right when they made the Murray trade Matt Irwin started to play poorly and Demers got hurt. They just called up Tennyson to keep Burns up front.

Getting a 2nd and 3rd for the 8th best dman all year (Murray) is impressive but that trade has a tiny chance of backfiring with injuries and if Irwin turns out to be bad. Murray's mediocre but Handzus was beyond awful in SJ.

If you move Clarkson in a hockey trade that's one thing.  If you're just moving him for picks and selling off a UFA, you need your head examined if you think Lou or any GM that's in a top eight position is going to go that route.  It just does not happen, other than Don Waddell.  Although it'd be nice if Lou sold off one of the defensemen now that clearly 'some' teams are open to taking on salary for next year.

If you move Clarkson in a hockey trade that's one thing.  If you're just moving him for picks and selling off a UFA, you need your head examined if you think Lou or any GM that's in a top eight position is going to go that route.  It just does not happen, other than Don Waddell.  Although it'd be nice if Lou sold off one of the defensemen now that clearly 'some' teams are open to taking on salary for next year.

Two teams have traded their captains. I see nothing wrong with trading Sal.

Somehow give me Vanek or Pominville, I dont care if its impossible, just do it! This team has no scoring touch.

I think Vanek is injured.

Sundstrom, do you think Bernier can do Clarkson's job?

I sort of do, which would make amicable to a deal involving Clarkson for Havlat.

havlat is expensive and, while a smart player, isn't the scorer he once was.

that's a hard move - i'd want something else from sj (draft pick) if devils are eating the whole freight.