2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Don't know if you guys have heard anything about the possible "big Avs" trade, but this one finnish guy on twitter (@makinenantti) said that there's some sort of trade going down and Barkov would be the #1 pick overall. I have no idea. I know for a fact this guy has some connections in North America, but still. I guess we'll have to wait and see haha.

Most mock drafts I have seen have the Devils drafting Elias Lindholm from Sweden.

Actually, hoping we can get Darnell Nurse, D, out of the OHL.   He and Larrsen could be the dominant D pairing for a decade or so, not sold on some of our other rookie D at this point.

My 10 year old brother, while shaming me about my age by feigning not to know what a yo-yo is, he explained how he was working out with Max Domi the other day in preparation for his invitational tourny in Edmonton this week(story was confirmed by my Father, so I'm not just parroting rumors from a 10 year old LOL). Anyways, he was saying that Domi feared his type I diabetes would cause him to drop in the 1st rd.

Anyone know how that really affects an athlete? It's something Domi had to fight with his whole life, but I know fairly little about this and thought it'd be an interesting topic.

My 10 year old brother, while shaming me about my age by feigning not to know what a yo-yo is, he explained how he was working out with Max Domi the other day in preparation for his invitational tourny in Edmonton this week(story was confirmed by my Father, so I'm not just parroting rumors from a 10 year old LOL). Anyways, he was saying that Domi feared his type I diabetes would cause him to drop in the 1st rd.

Anyone know how that really affects an athlete? It's something Domi had to fight with his whole life, but I know fairly little about this and thought it'd be an interesting topic.

Guys like Jay Cutler and bobby clarke and nick boynton have played with it with no problem as long as they had it under control

Take it FWIW, but the guy who apparently broke the Kovy trade a few years ago on HF (his name is Dagoon, he owns a bar the players frequent from what I know) tweeted last night that he heard we're going hard after Bobby Ryan. So you're right Tri, we may not be picking 9th lol. Who knows, just thought I'd pass it along because the guy does know some people.

Well people do want to take pictures with the trophies and camp out I suppose lol. I hope the trophies are still around after our second round pick though I might go early.

I have a feeling the way this is gonna be run is gonna be a sh!t show. Season ticket holders are let in at 12:30 but I'm not sure how they even tell us apart. I saw one email said to bring our season ticket holder ids and I don't even recall ever getting one lol

Take it FWIW, but the guy who apparently broke the Kovy trade a few years ago on HF (his name is Dagoon, he owns a bar the players frequent from what I know) tweeted last night that he heard we're going hard after Bobby Ryan. So you're right Tri, we may not be picking 9th lol. Who knows, just thought I'd pass it along because the guy does know some people.

I imagine Lou will probably want Anaheim's first rounder coming back. Without a pick next year, and without any guarantee that Ryan stays past 2014-2015, there needs to be some protection. Maybe 9 and one of Urbom and Gelinas for 26 and Ryan.

I still want Lou to kick the tires on number 5 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I imagine Lou will probably want Anaheim's first rounder coming back. Without a pick next year, and without any guarantee that Ryan stays past 2014-2015, there needs to be some protection. Maybe 9 and one of Urbom and Gelinas for 26 and Ryan.

I still want Lou to kick the tires on number 5 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping Lou is kicking the tires on 5 as well, especially with the news coming that Carolina has multiple offers.

This is getting VERY interesting. I'd definitely take Ryan for the 9th, but what else is it going to take for us..